February 29 - Changelings

Lucidicide

I really love the third one, as its the one that I think does the concept best.  The first one feels a little flat and static and the second one is solid, but I feel like the mask isn't being held very naturally.  Mostly though I just think the third one looks so good and the others are a tad redundant comparatively.  

I'd have loved to see the first one doing something like half peeling the mask off and the second one poorly holding the mask up.  That said, the concept is stellar, and I'm really looking forward to adding that third one to a Lucius crew.

I am a bit disappointed.

The first one looks a bit static.

The second one's pose feels strange (why is he holding the mask and looking at the lollypop while flexing the knees? I don't understand the story being this.)

I don't understand the third one's pose either.

The costumes are all the same.

Also, no female makes me sad.

No, definitely, Wyrd can do better.

• Like 4

I love the third one since it has that "Ahhhh toys!" look to the mask. I'm imagining the skin pizza scene from tales from the borderlands. The second one though is odd posing but I like to think of it as a changeling being caught in mid-masking. The bent knees are that knee jerk flight reaction and the turned head is like "Hellooooo victimmmmm". The first is the dullest, but I like to think of it as the smug changeling.

Totally agree that variety would have been especially appreciated. I expected something like the crooligans.

The model is great but making it three times seems like overkill.

I mean, even the hair is identical on all three (on one it's mirrored). The faces of the first two are identical. The clothing is identical with all having their jackets unbuttoned (even the folds on the tie are identical). And the shorts look weirdly angular (that's some strong starch!).

Really like the model but this is lazier than normal for Wyrd.

• Like 2

I think these are fantastic and remind me of the children from Village of the Damned/The Midwich Cuckoos meets They Live. I do agree that one of them should be a creepy girl but otherwise the uniform look adds to the evil clone vibe.

With any hope they're months off so I don't abandon Gremlins too soon to return to Neverborn. 

• Like 1

The third is by far the best for active and sencical posing. The first is very static (is it Show and Tell and that's why he's posing with his mask?) I get thematically why they seem to have a stock form, but it would be nice to have more than just poses to differentiate them (like different masks). It would have also been great if one or two of them were girls.  Also, making at least one of them have more in common with the Mysterious Emmissary pod-changelings would have been nice.

Other than those nitpicks, these are great executions of the art, and will look great next to the other Neverborn children.

• Like 2

I definitely fall in the camp of people disappointed with the single render, many poses.  I do like the sculpt except the cubeshorts (which are oddly pixellated; it's not a work-in-progress, is it?), and the third one has a great pose, but I can only imagine all the art on the box looking exactly the same, and painting the exact same little tie three times.

1 hour ago, SpiralngCadavr said:

The literal mask idea is cool like that, but I'm also in the camp of them being a bit redundant feeling, regardless of the theme of them looking similar. (Also, the mirrored one is pretty obvious due to the buttons, which doesn't really fit IMHO...)

Oh man, didn't notice that the whole mini is mirrored! The buttons are on the wrong side! Urgh.