Breakdown of events at AdeptiCon 2016

Shadowopal

Howdy Folks. Figrued it was about time to give a break down of all the events and answer any questions that may have popped up. So, here is the list:

Wednesday March 30th 3pm - ????

SetUp the tables this always goes faster with more people. So, if you are in town with nothing to do and want to help, send me an email at adepticonsean@gmail.com with yor name, cell number and a note that says you want to help. Once we are setup, We can have some pick up games and hang out and chat and such.

Thursday March 31st 9:00am - Sunday April 3rd 3:00pm 

Gaslight Achievement League (Event Organizer Sean Overton): All the games you play over the weekend count towards this. Whether it is a tournament game or a pick up game. Try to collect as many achievements from thelong list as you can while playing Wyrd Games. A list will be provided in your packet. But, you can always check out last year's list for a pretty good idea of what will be there this year http://www.adepticon.org/14rules/2014malifauxscorecard.pdf 

Thursday March 31st 9:00am- Sunday April 3rd 4:00pm

Wyrd Costume Contest (Event Organizer Sean Overton): Come dress as your favorite Wyrd Character. Malifaux, Evil Baby Orphanage, Darkness Comes Rattling, Shodwon Icons, JetPack Unicorn, Puppet Wars....it's all good. Every day, I will select the best costume I see and invite you to come back Sunday in character for final judging. So, you have four opportunities to impress me.

Thursday March 31st 9:00am- Sunday April 3rd 4:00pm

Open Gaming (Event Organizer Sean Overton): Not into the fast paced action of tournaments and just want to get a few games in? No problem. Any open table can be used for pick up games. Come game on our glorious terrain and check out terrain from companies like Knuckleduster Miniatures, Angry Mojo, PlastCraft, Konflict Gaming, Gadzooks Gaming among others.

Thursday March 31st 9:00am- Sunday April 3rd 4:00pm

Demos (Many Henchmen running demos throughout the weekend): Tried Darkness Comes Rattling yet? What about Evil Baby Orphange? Jetpack Unicorn? Showdown Icons? Through the Breach?Puppet Wars? Or just want to show your friends what they are missing out on with Malifaux? Stop by and request a demo. We will have the full range of games available to demo.

Thursday March 31st 12:00pm - 4:00pm

Henchman Hardcore Session 1 of 2 (Event Organizer Justin Dexter) : This is the first year AdeptiCon is having Henchman Hardcore format events. We have two sessions so you can be sure to get a chance to try it out if you haven't.

Thursday March 31st 12:00pm - 4:00pm

Enforcer Battle Session 1 of 2 (Event Organizer Victoria Myer Hrenda): That's right! We are also giving the Enforcer Battle format a try this year. Again, there will be two sessions to give everyone a chance to get in on the fun.

Thursday March 31st 4:30pm

Cake Match: An AdeptiCon tradition. Stirring it up a bit this year again. This time everyone brings cake that wants to enter the competition and share some delicious goodies with the group. No gaming event is tied to it. But, we will judge based on flavor, complexity and of course Wyrd theme. Show us your delicious skillz.

Thursday March 31st 6:00pm - 10:00pm

Henchman Hardcore Session 2 of 2 (Event Organizer Justin Dexter) : This is the first year AdeptiCon is having Henchman Hardcore format events. We have two sessions so you can be sure to get a chance to try it out if you haven't.

Thursday March 31st 6:00pm - 10:00pm

Enforcer Battle Session 2 of 2 (Event Organizer Victoria Myer Hrenda): That's right! We are also giving the Enforcer Battle format a try this year. Again, there will be two sessions to give everyone a chance to get in on the fun.

Friday April 1st 9:00am - 9:00pm

Team Tournament (Event Organizer Bret Rice): Are you fool enough to team up with one of your friends and take on the madness that other teams have to throw at you? Come up with the craziest single faction pairing you can come up with and battle for dominance of the absurdity that is Team Tournament.

Saturday April 2nd 9:00am - 12:00 am

Master of Malifaux (Event Organizer Sean Overton): An Iron Man competition if there ever was one. Compete against the best of the best in this endurance test. This event is a qualifier for the NOVA Open Nationals. So, bring your A game.

Sunday April 3rd 9:00am - 4:00pm

Story Encounter (Event Organizer: Sean Overton and Storyteller: Joe Deheve): Another set of three Wyrd tales have been woven for your enjoyment. This event is always a fun one to try original Strategies by our local storyteller Joe Deheve ( Master of Malifaux for AdeptiCon 2015). Plus every entrant will receive a free custom mini sculpted and produced by Forrest Harris of KnuckleDuster Miniatures. This year is Steampunk Tightrope walker that will be right at home in our continuing Circus storyline or a Dark Carnival Crew.

Also this year is a banner year as:

1) Wyrd will have their own booth for you to buy their latest goodies

2) once again some of the staff will be joining us to hang out and talk all things Wyrd 

3) Wyrd is a sponsor of the Swag Bag. I hear there will be Mystery Boxes in some of the bags and a Penny Dreadful in others

4) Wyrd is donating minis to the painting area for people to try out new skills on

5) Wyrd is donating a copy of all of their Board Games to the open play Board Game Library. So, once you demo it in the hall, you and your family can check one or more of the games and play it in the open play area.

6) Of course Wyrd is also the major sponsor of all things Malifaux at AdeptiCon and this year is no exception. I don't have the details yet. But, their prize support is always phenomenal and I expect this year to follow suit.

If you want to check out the rules packets for the events, just click the name and it should take you right there. Enforcer Brawl is not up yet. But it follows the Organized Play Rules Format found in the Resources section of the Wyrd Website. If you have questions, email me at adepticonsean@gmail.com . 

More details on the convention and how to register for events can be found at www.adepticon.org and the event is held at:

Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel
1551 N. Thoreau Drive
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Phone: 1-847-303-4100

Hope to see you all there. Come by the Hall and say hey.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, prof_bycid said:

Amazing lineup of events.  Well done, shadow!  Wish I could get there before Friday Eve.  Still, it'll be great!

Cheers. I can't take all the credit. In fact I just edited the post to give credit to the To's who are helping me. But, I also have an awesome staff of physical labor at the convention, demo staff, judges, terrain volunteers and technical support. It is a huge convention and I am only one man. Fortunately, I have a fantastic Crew of Henchmen and Minions :).

I need more people in my Enforcer Brawl tournaments!  If you've never tried this format, come give it a try for some quick, lighthearted fun that is easy to pick up and understand!

Also, you could possibly win one of the chibi fate decks that we gave away at Fauxmaha 2015!  Adepticon is the only place you will be able to get these!

3097yah.png

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Victoria said:

I need more people in my Enforcer Brawl tournaments!  If you've never tried this format, come give it a try for some quick, lighthearted fun that is easy to pick up and understand!

Also, you could possibly win one of the chibi fate decks that we gave away at Fauxmaha 2015!  Adepticon is the only place you will be able to get these!

3097yah.png

Thanks for that Victoria! She is awesome! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry. Life has made things interesting. Work takes precedence. New client on Friday handed me a new 28 unit building to manage that has issues. Spent the weekend preparing for the inspector which happened today. tomorrow is scheduling repairmen. Wednesday I will get things posted. Apologies to the masses. I have not forgotten. Just swamped.

On 4/14/2016 at 10:52 AM, PeregrineFalcon said:

Any update on this? Would like to discuss on upcoming episode of CFR. Would be nice to see faction breakdown, number of players (as well as how many finished all 5 rounds), etc.

Okay. So, I found all the results sheets and have the files from the events. But, the files stop ranking participants who drop. So, I have to do some sheet tallying to rank those indiviuals. I just spent the last hour sorting the Masters sheets after a very long day. So, I am going to link to a spreadsheet that has the file for Masters without the ranking of the people who dropped. Tommorrow I will get the people who dropped sorted. But, the file should answer faction breakdown, numer of players as well as how many finished all 5 rounds. Not sure what etc. is. But, hopefully that will either be covered in the file or sorted tomorrow. I will get Team and Story up soon after that and do my thoughts and such write up on Sunday. Hope that helps. Sorry for the delay. But, yea work!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwk_w45K70o8bUhMU0ozbFktajQ&usp=sharing

32 minutes ago, spikevash13 said:

Schemes and stones man (I'm new don't know his name really) posted this on his most recent podcast the finals standing image, basically your excel. http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/dakroell/media/CfNFZt8UAAAcs0W.jpg%20large_zpsnigjq7g0.jpg.html

Yeah.  Tom Bowersox got the results of Masters posted on Wyrd Place. But we couldn't figure what format Wyrd uses for grids.