[Battle Report] Gremlins vs. Ressers - Help me get better at this game

Kobayashi

Hey there,

I had yesterday a game vs. Ressers (Seamus) and I really want to get better at this game. My opponent (local henchman) agreed to me writing it down and present it to you, so you can give me more tipps ti improve my game.

Since I am still a beginner, we agreed to a 35 Soulstone game. That would reduce the miniatures count to a decent levelk.

The strategy was TURF WAR (we fought over that lovely pumpkin in the middle of the table (see Pictures)) and schemes had been MAKE THEM SUFFER, MURDER PROTEGE, ASSASINATE, BODYGUARD and A LINE IN THE SAND.

First we set the board up...

ePXCIl6.jpg

As you can clearly see, the Gremlins heard rumors about Seamus being a mad hatter and that he is in the possesion of a rather big hat himself. Naturally Gremlins did what they had to do, meaning, go out of the Bayou, find the mad hatter, get that hat! Or so was the narrative...

My opponent went for :

Seamus + Mad Haberdasher + Not too banged up + Sinister Reputation
Copycat Killer
Bete Noire + Decaying Aura
Canine Remains
2x Rotten Belles

While I went with:

Ophelia LaCroix
2x Young LaCroix
Francois LaCroix + Stilts
Raphael LaCroix + Dirty Cheater
Sammy LaCroix + Dirty Cheater
Slop Hauler

Since MURDER PROTEGE was on the impossible side, with my opponent being able to bury Bete and the Belles could deny me ASSASINATE and A LINE IN THE SAND I chose BODYGUARD (on Sammy) and MAKE THEM SUFFER, while my opponent went for (not to my knowledge) MURDER PROTEGE on Francois and BODYGUARD on Bete Noire.

EoWPvIc.jpg

At the start of TURN 1 he revealed MURDER PROTEGE.

Gremlin had the intiative.

YOUNG LACROIX -> Here you go x 2 on Ophelia for Hooch Igniter and Threatening Gun

ROTTEN BELLE -> Walk x 2

OPHELIA -> Walk x 2, With my Eyes Closed (with only the walking Belle in range and as a legal target) and with a 10 of Rams I did 6 damage to the Belle, setting things up for MAKE THEM SUFFER

ROTTEN BELLE -> Walk, Lure Ophelia (which succeeded)

FRANCOIS -> Reckless, Walk x2, Showdown (which failed), and he shot at the second Belle, which lured Ophelia, for 2 damage.

SEAMUS -> Walk, Focus and than shooting at Francois with flipping a 2 / 3, he cheated in a 13 of tomes, which thanks to my lousy cards in hand (which I thought did not matter that much on turn 1) I could not cheat against. With that he could cheat in a severe damage. Since I did not want that much damage on Francois, I went for damage prevention, which brought me 1 of Rams on the flip... WHAT!?

SLOP HAULER -> Reckless, Walk x 2, Heal Francois for 3. Now you can cry foul and yes in my panic I thought the healing was a (1) action. After I learned my mistake I immedeately told my opponent, but he graciously allowed the things to be played out as they where. Thanks to my opponent for being nice to me

COPYCAT KILLER -> Mistaken Identity, Walk and shooting at Francois again, he tried to prevent the damage, but I draw of 2 of Crows, which was rather infuriating. Well I guess it was the karma for doing the mistake with the Slop Hauler (so I could not complain).

SAMMY -> Walk x 2

CANINE REMAINS -> Walk x 2 (engaging Ophelia and Francois)

RAPHAEL -> Walk x 2

YOUNG LACROIX -> Walk x 2

Neither of us scored or could score 0 - 0

Q02KpI3.jpg

TURN 2

Everybody threw a soulstone to draw up two cards.

The initiative went to Seamus with a 12 and Gremlins drew a 11. My deck started to hate me.

CANINE REMAINS -> Attack x 2 on Francois, giving him poison

BELLE (with accomplice) -> Lure on Francois, though he drew a Red Joker, unfortunately the cards had been very good with my opponent and he could cheat in his Red Joker - yeah, whatever. At that time, my opponent forgot that he had the extra reach for Lure (which I did not know) and he tried to Lure Francois a second time, even after I suggested he could make him walk the extra inches, which he declined (he should know better as a more seasoned player), which ultimately failed.

SLOP HAULER -> Reckless, Walk and Healing Francois for 2 (yep, I did not make the same mistake twice :))

BELLE -> Luring Francois, getting Pounce of and Attacking Francois, which killed him and scored the Ressers 3 VP.

OPHELIA -> Walk x 2 which failed on the disengaging strikes, thanks to not flipping good stuff and then decided to shoot the CANINE REMAINS, which with a 12 Rams (with declared trigger) killed him. Popping out the Bete Noire. On hindsight, I should have just killed the Canine in one go and blast the popping out Bete... but oh well... always on the learning side. At least it gave me 1 VP for MAKE THEM SUFFER

BETE -> Attacking my Slop Hauler which killed him

SAMMY -> Jynx x2 on Bete which in turn made my opponent go for a burry, which succeded on the flip and he didn't need his hand card for that...

SEAMUS -> Walk, Arise my sweet (which he could make succeed with the suit bought from a stone and his hand card reserved for Bete, which he (as already written above) did not need). After that he shot at Ophelia, which was not that burdening. I can't remember what is third activation was, but it was nothing of importance for the game.

RAPHAEL -> Reckless and charged the Belle for a total of 4 damage

BELLE (the summoned one) -> Undressed before Ophelia, which succeeded

YOUNG LACROIX -> Walk, Shooting at a Belle, which was damaged by Raphael, which killed the Young one and the Belle (which I didn't thing would occur) with dumb luck... I could not cheat in a lower card, since it was a rather fortunate negative flip. Bete was brought out where the Belle was (but already did activate, so no harm here)

COPYCAT KILLER -> Mistaken Identity, Walk x2

YOUNG LACROIX -> Walk x2

With both scoring for Turf War it was 4 - 2 for the Ressers

fJmRGwu.jpg

TURN 3

Again, the Ressers won intiative... which was disheartening to say at least.

BETE -> Flurry and attacked Raphael for 5 damage total

RAPHAEL -> was fueled by panic and took a swing at Bete for not that much

OPHELIA (through accomplice) (which was slow) -> Walk (in the melee ranges to not get disenging stike. Close enough to get to the belle at the wall and engaging Seamus, she killed the Belle to score another VP for the Gremlins.

COPYCAT KILLER -> Walk and shooting at Sammy, which flipped the Red Joker. Not being able to do anything the Totem used Mistaken Identity to port to Seamus

SAMMY -> Casted Jynx on Bete, killing her again, though again my opponent was lucky on his flip and buried the Bete again (... it was getting infuriating and not fun to play against that model in the slightest for me)

BELLE (the one in the back) -> lured Raphael and pounced him not doing that much damage, even after the attack. Especially with Dirty Cheater and me cheating low on the lost Lure to at leat get some healing done

YOUNG LACROIX -> Walk x2 to block LoS on Sammy

SEAMUS -> Slapped Ophelia for 5 damage and was lucky to arise a Belle (with a cheated hand card) which than activated

BELLE (with accomplice) -> Luring the Young one and pounced on him, killing himwith 4 damage.

Both of us still scored for TURF WAR and I got another point for MAKE THEM SUFFER for a total of Ressers 5 and Gremlins 4, which was closer, but looked bleak for me in the future.

i43eNhk.jpg
(Sammy is here concealed by the strap, she is still in the same position as last turn and you can see part of her hat)

TURN 4

Ressers took the intiative, AGAIN with a 12 against 10. My opponent really had luck on his side.

BELLE (the one next to Bete) -> Lured Raphael and pounced on him and triggering his HARD TO KILL. Confident that Raphael won't do much next time, and getting the pesky Sammy destroying his BETE all the time he tried to Lure her, but she knew better than to walk towards an undead hooker.

OPHELIA -> Took 2 attacks against the COPYCAT KILLER killing him and getting the last VP here and damaging Seamus for 0, thanks to a well timed Black Joker

RAPHAEL (with accomplice) -> Was still fueled by panic, got into range with the Bete for a total of 3 damage on her.

SEAMUS -> Slapped Ophelia for a total of 3 damage.

SAMMY -> Jynxed the Bete dead again and walked behind the chapel, which irritated my opponent.

BELLE -> Lured, pounced and attacked Raphael, which tanked hard through dirty cheating**

I revealed BODYGUARD on Sammy, scoring yet another VP. We both scored for TURF WAR.

Resers 6 - Gremlins 7. Thinks looked better

B7AOsYA.jpg

TURN 5

This time Gremlins got the intitative.

RAPHAEL -> Attacked Seamus for measly 1 Damage in total (after walking towards Seamus); here my opponent forgot that he had a aura, I had to succeed, because I needed to walk a little bit closer to him. Yeah I was still happy, but I was also thinking that I might have a harder time, if my opponent didn't forget stuff or took the opportunity to activate a lot of accomplice BELLES and luring me left to right to left and back again.

OPHELIA (through accomplice) -> attacked Seamus for 8 damage in total. He did forget to take his hat action here, reducing the damage to 0. He feared I was taking the hat, but I told him, how, since I was engaged and could not interact with the hat. In the grand scheme of things this did not do anything, sicne Seamus was very much alive at the end of the game. Still...

SEAMUS -> tried to slap Ophelia for the punishment, but two attacks fizzled and I canceled one damage by PLIKN!ing one of her upgrades (since iit says I could reduce damage to one, but didn't say I can't bring it down to 0). Ophelia still lived with 1 wound remaining, being a hardy (Gremlin) girl. Though he arose YET ANOTHER BELLE with a Red Joker... WHAT IS THAT!?

BELLE (through accomplice) -> Lured Ophelia and did enough damage in the her turnsequence to kill Ophelia, plopping out BETE

SAMMY -> Walked further into enemy territory and cast Jynx on the BETE, giving her twisted legs. The casting succeeded with a 4 by the way.

BELLE (the summoned one) -> took a walk action

BELLE (I had no more models) -> Tried to take down Raphael, which failed, one time thanks to a Black Joker

BETE -> was standing there, wondering what happened to her.*

My opponent revealed BODYGUARD on Bete (which he was happy with me not sending her back to hell this turn), to score a VP, I scored again with Sammy on BODYGUARDand we both scored for Turf War, bringing us to

Ressers 8 - Gremlins 9.

We flipped for a Turn 6, but a 7 ended the encounter with scoring one more VP for Bodyguard on Sammy, ending the game

Ressers 8 - Gremlins 10

HODQmlU.jpg

* We weren't sure if BETE was allowed to walk towards Raphael [EDIT] via a Lure from a Belle [/EDIT], however this would have meant, even if she succeeded in killing Raphael, she would not score for Bodyguard and it would still be a 7 to 9 victory for Gremlins.

** Okay, I feel bad here as I (as written below) just noticed, thanks to all of you, that I could not use dirty cheater on my opponents turn. I should read more and assume less and I will be more mindful about that next game.

In the end I feel that Dirty Cheater was wasted on Sammy and I should have played better with knowing that Francois was the target. I still don't know how to deal with a Bete proper, but felt nice with Sammy locking her into place. I feel the game would have turned out a victory for the Ressers, if my opponent did not forget stuff here and there, which made the victory not as sweet as it was.

So any more intel from Gremlin players. Where do you see room for improvement (everywhere, lulz) and what would you have made differently? What to do against Bete and to be honest, Samy was the MVP here, whithout me knowing exactly. Granted it was very fortunate for my opponent to have mad flips when he needed them and he could summon a gazillion numbers of Belles with that.

Thanks for any intel you might be able to provide. :)

• Like 1

Nice report. Thank you for posting!

On crew selection: I would give Sammy My Threatening Gun so she can order Ophelia around. Also, I always love Liquid Bravery against Ressers.

First turn, I suggest doing less important stuff first. For example, I don't think that Ophelia was in any hurry to activate when she did. You could've gone with the other Young and loaded her with a third gun. Similarly, you could've held Francois back and done stuff with the less important guys first.

Also, movement is king on the first round so Ophelia's Ooh a Girl or Threatening Gun are usually better (0)Actions than With My Eyes Closed.

When Francois was shot by Seamus, you could've used SS on defense. That forces a negative twist to the damage flip as well meaning that it'll be more difficult to cheat thus usually "preventing" four damage from Seamus' gun.

Also, Francois has Companion and Ophelia has Accomplice so you could've activated him right after Ophelia on the second turn when he was about to die?

When Raphael was engaged and Fueled by Panic, why didn't you use Where'd He Go to get out of combat? His melee is really bad and you really shouldn't use it except in very special circumstances.

Seamus is really difficult to kill but Ophelia+Francois tag team can bring him down during the span of one chain-activation. He heals really easy if you let him but his low Df means that he will die if properly concentrated on.

Bete is nice against Gremlins but she does demand resources and, essentially, forces the opponent to play with one smaller hand. And not only that, but one smaller hand with the "missing" card being a 10+. That's huge. I still like Bete, but she can feel better than she is if you don't quite take the tax into account (since it's "invisible").

I'm not sure why you were wondering whether Bete could walk after Twisted Legs. She can't declare Walk or Charge Actions. That's pretty cut and dry :) 

Oh, and Plink can indeed reduce damage to zero (if the original damage was one).

First of thanks for the info here and there. That is why I posted the Battle Report.

I'm touching on some things. Okay, I need to read more up on the generic Upgrades. 

44 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

First turn, I suggest doing less important stuff first. For example, I don't think that Ophelia was in any hurry to activate when she did. You could've gone with the other Young and loaded her with a third gun. Similarly, you could've held Francois back and done stuff with the less important guys first.

Also, movement is king on the first round so Ophelia's Ooh a Girl or Threatening Gun are usually better (0)Actions than With My Eyes Closed.

When Francois was shot by Seamus, you could've used SS on defense. That forces a negative twist to the damage flip as well meaning that it'll be more difficult to cheat thus usually "preventing" four damage from Seamus' gun.

I thought a nice set-up to get the Belles all damaged on turn 1. It would be great to score some VP starting Turn 2. I agree with you, but I guess I was too much out for blood. Also I thought Francois could handle the blow. Guess I was wrong, lesson learned in that way. Also I did not consider using the SS for defense, so that's a valueable tip. Thanks on that :D

Also, Francois has Companion and Ophelia has Accomplice so you could've activated him right after Ophelia on the second turn when he was about to die?

Err... I can't say for sure if that would have saved his sorry yellow butt, at least he might have dished out some punishment...

When Raphael was engaged and Fueled by Panic, why didn't you use Where'd He Go to get out of combat? His melee is really bad and you really shouldn't use it except in very special circumstances.

I thinkt it was the same as above. I was hard pressed and probably freaked, not paying attention to the Situation on Hand, but on full damage control. That is me not being seasoned enough, especially with the new situation. that is why stuff like this helps. However I like Raphael as a small tarpit and I didn't want go seamus off running and Shooting poor Sammy. With Dirty Cheater and hard to kill, I could withstand a beating, and still come back for more, being on the brink of death everytime, healing up and Trigger Hard to Kill. :D

I'm not sure why you were wondering whether Bete could walk after Twisted Legs. She can't declare Walk or Charge Actions. That's pretty cut and dry :)

Oh sorry, my bad, I edit that. My Opponent was trying to Lure Bete with a Belle. But it was not a push, rather move... so we ruled against it, not sure, if this was still able in the case. I edit above!

EDIT:

Stuff I really like:

Dirty Cheater on Raphael, which help to get his HARD TO KILL to proc, maybe even several times; well that is if the opponent has nothing like black blood.
Sammy is worth her points in gold and I was happy to field her and her pulling her punches and that only with casting Jynx. She influenced a lot and dealt with Bete.

SS on defense on the Focus Action are, in my experience, the things that new players most often forget to use to their full effect and often, when people gain more experience, they start using both quite a bit more. A Focusing Young LaCroix is a scary, scary thing (I have killed, among other things, Lynch with one from almost full wounds).

You can Lure a model affected by Twisted Legs just fine as it isn't declaring a Walk or Charge Action. Similarly you can Lure Paralyzed models.

And Dirty Cheater on Raphael is indeed absolutely golden.

And Sammy is really nice - Jynx is amazing! Even the Horror Duel version is good fun against low Wp Ressers. Just imagine if she had had Threatening Gun to order other Kin around with!

35 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

SS on defense on the Focus Action are, in my experience, the things that new players most often forget to use to their full effect and often, when people gain more experience, they start using both quite a bit more. A Focusing Young LaCroix is a scary, scary thing (I have killed, among other things, Lynch with one from almost full wounds).

Thanks that this seems a new player experience, this instills some confidence. I must add that this was my first game where we went that I won't receive help from my opponent, as opposed to the learning games before, where I was either cheerleaded, or we went all step by step... so this was more me getting more mature in the game.

You can Lure a model affected by Twisted Legs just fine as it isn't declaring a Walk or Charge Action. Similarly you can Lure Paralyzed models.

Whoops...

And Dirty Cheater on Raphael is indeed absolutely golden.

And Sammy is really nice - Jynx is amazing! Even the Horror Duel version is good fun against low Wp Ressers. Just imagine if she had had Threatening Gun to order other Kin around with!

Yeah, Dirty Cheater Raphael!

As for Sammy I have to read up on that. That would have saved me one Young LaCroix  (who was just there doing Walk actions and getting corpse markers for another Belle....) in exchange for two stones.

21 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Thanks that this seems a new player experience, this instills some confidence. I must add that this was my first game where we went that I won't receive help from my opponent, as opposed to the learning games before, where I was either cheerleaded, or we went all step by step... so this was more me getting more mature in the game.

Aye, don't sweat it. Malifaux is a really complex game and it takes quite a while until one is intimately familiar even with one's own models. And then there's the opponent's crew to consider as well :D But mostly it's a matter of getting games and experience.

30 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

But mostly it's a matter of getting games and experience.

I agree and believe me I'm already more confident at playing the game, but want to get the best out (that why this battle report). Also that is why we cap our games currently at 35 stones, so it's not the lot of miniatures and effects to consider when doing your activations... I want to sit in the saddle, before I open myself up to 50 SS, especially with BRs :D

I was going to point out Dirty Cheater on Sammy as probably redundant, and I'm glad you mentioned it too. I generally find she has such high defenses and a strong trigger, with bayou two card that provided you save a SS or two for damage prevention she's normally golden, and you want to save the Dirty Cheater for someone else.

General top tip vs Ressurectionists, although you didn't seem to need it this game is Moon Shinobis. Ressers tend to have low Df but a lot of Hard to Wound, which translates into lovely :+fate damage flips and a big card sink for your opponents if they try to avoid it. Their Stumble Around Drunk trigger ain't too shabby either.

I'm interested that you decided on Bodyguard for Sammy and not Raphael, who is normally my go to but it definitely seemed to work. I'll have to give your report a proper read through when I'm not supposed to be writing 15 pages by tomorrow.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

I was going to point out Dirty Cheater on Sammy as probably redundant, and I'm glad you mentioned it too. I generally find she has such high defenses and a strong trigger, with bayou two card that provided you save a SS or two for damage prevention she's normally golden, and you want to save the Dirty Cheater for someone else.

I mostly agree but OTOH Sammy has Bayou Two-Card so is pretty good at cheating and she was his Bodyguard target so I can see the logic behind the decision. Still, like I said, I mostly agree.

24 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

Well, well, well... I was also quite surprised (and my opponnent, too) as we checked again for Sammy's DF. We both had been "For real!?" and Sammy glimpsed at us, brushing her Voodoo doll, snickering "For real..."

26 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

General top tip vs Ressurectionists, although you didn't seem to need it this game is Moon Shinobis. Ressers tend to have low Df but a lot of Hard to Wound, which translates into lovely :+fate damage flips and a big card sink for your opponents if they try to avoid it. Their Stumble Around Drunk trigger ain't too shabby either.

Right now I still fall into "HAS TO BE THEMATIC!" trap, but you had been right, all These negative flips had been turned out rather positve for me D:.

27 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

I'm interested that you decided on Bodyguard for Sammy and not Raphael, who is normally my go to but it definitely seemed to work. I'll have to give your report a proper read through when I'm not supposed to be writing 15 pages by tomorrow.

Tbh, I am still rather amazed how resilient Raphael is. It was this game, where I had this little conversation in my mind:

Mind: "See you attached dirty cheater to a Hard to Kill model."

Me: "And...?"

Mind: "Would it not be infuriating for the opposing player to let him proc. HARD TO KILL, let him attack and you cheat a card to heal back to two wounds, so it would proc again, despite all the damage done to him."

Me drops jaw...

As for Sammy having Bodyguard, well she was most of the time in the back line and I was banking on my opponent not paying much attention to her (i.e. try to kill her last time). It was just during the game, seeing how pesky she is (but I guess he also banked on that Bete will return sooner than later). In the end it was the right decision. I thought I would face more Focus on Sammy and Need to cheat more (thus dirty cheater)... but in the end I didn't have to use it at all D:

14 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Mind: "Would it not be infuriating for the opposing player to let him proc. HARD TO KILL, let him attack and you cheat a card to heal back to two wounds, so it would proc again, despite all the damage done to him."

Note that Dirty Cheater works only on a model's own Activation. It would be hilariously broken otherwise :D 

Just now, Kobayashi said:

Okay... I seriously need to reread those upgrade cards :(. Now I really, really feel bad about that victory.

Ah, don't feel bad. These things happen. I played Mei Feng for three or four games until I realized that a Burning opponent results in a positive twist to damage as opposed to the attack flip. And that's her basic attack!

28 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Ah, don't feel bad. These things happen. I played Mei Feng for three or four games until I realized that a Burning opponent results in a positive twist to damage as opposed to the attack flip. And that's her basic attack!

It's just that I don't want to win, because of me (even unknowingly) cheating - well cheating fate doesn't count ;), but me doing smart and right plays... Guess there is much to learn on the road to victory. As I see it, I should have not scored one or two VPs for TURF WAR and my opponent would not have to play with Raphael for that l long...

15 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

It's okay, I made the exact same mistake as you and it took me longer to realise :)

You're learning fast, and Gremlins aren't a simple faction at all.

At least there is that, but let's be honest Math pointed it out just yet, so I would have played maybe more games with me being a dirty cheater, if it wasn't for him...

I agree, Gremlins aren't simple, but they are sooooo fun. My favourite was to cast out Jynx the whole game and rubbing my fingers and thinking about what would happen to my opponent.

- - -

I edited the BR, removed some mistakes and pointed out rules violations (so people know that I am aware now).

Just now, Kobayashi said:

It's just that I don't want to win, because of me (even unwillingly) cheating - well cheating fate doesn't Count ;), but me doing smart and right plays... Guess there is much to learn on the road to victory. As I see it, I should have not scored one or two VPs for TURF WAR and my opponent would not have to play with Raphael for that l long...

Aye, it sucks to realize after winning that you did something critical wrong. But that happens - don't be too harsh on yourself. And it's a bit futile to consider what would've been if you had played ot correct. Just play it right next time and you're golden.

I can guarantee you a similar situation will happen again sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

BELLE (with accomplice) -> Lure on Francois, though he drew a Red Joker, unfortunately the cards had been very good with my opponent and he could cheat in his Red Joker - yeah, whatever. At that time, my opponent forgot that he had the extra reach for Lure (which I did not know) and he tried to Lure Francois a second time, even after I suggested he could make him walk the extra inches, which he declined (he should know better as a more seasoned player), which ultimately failed.

I may be reading this wrong, but if you flip the red joker on an opposed duel, then your opponent can't cheat on that duel.

• Like 1

So if anyone else has something more, please quote me. Since I invest now the time in (re)reading Upgrades and painting miniatures for my next encounters :).

Please note everything helps, might it be small amendments, preferences as to why other stuff might be better (even if I don't have it now, since it might change up my buying plan).

I value everything said right now, in this thread since it really helps me improve (I like to reflect on past games, just to give my opponent and myself a better experience).

Things I also need to learn:
• It's not all doom and gloom, even if your Opponent scores 3 VPs from one scheme (means only he won't score there and I might even be able to deny him more, since his other scheme might be more obvious)
• Don't go into the Belles, doesn't matter how resilient you are
• Walk actions can an will be used to tie down your shooters
• Consider letting Bete Pop out if you are able to deal with her, like I should have done with Ophelia and Canine Remains... don't be afraid.

5 minutes ago, Kogan Style said:

Nice report! I believe you should be declaring any announced schemes prior to deployment so your opponent should have told you he was going for it (If he wanted to claim the 3VP, unannounced Murder Protege would score 2 VP if succeeded)

Okay, I'm uncertain about the reveal timing of the schemes, but it was well before anyone moved. Maybe he did it with his deployment... I did not give too much Attention to that Detail, but yeah it might have mattered with other schemes (reconnoiter)

On 23/02/2016 at 1:56 PM, Dogmantra said:

I really like this idea! Do Moon Shinobis work ok with other Masters? I don't have Brewmaster (got Ophelia, Somer, Ma, Zoraida, Wong).

I actually don't really like Brewmaster and Shinobis work just fine with other masters.

Som'er can give them suits for Stumble Around Drunk and their triggers, Mah can give her usual support as well as increase their Ml to be a little more respectable (be wary of using her Do It Right though!). They work ok with everyone.