February 22 - Brutal Emissary

Lucidicide

Not a big fan. It's ok, but one of the weaker Emissaries, I think. Then again, I really didn't like the concept and I still don't like how everything is big except the captive. But it isn't the worst Wyrd mini ever or anything like that.

The boots go all the way up? I also don't understand the head. Is it really a bandaged guy wearing an enormous goat skull?

But the sword is really bad. PP bad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I still don't like how everything is big except the captive.

Isn't that how it should be though?  I mean, this thing is a giant clearly, 50 mm base and all.  The guy being small seems like it might actually be to scale for once.  On a similar note, the coffin looks a little small, which means it might actually be roughly the size of the Death Marshal coffins.

The sword is definitely a little lazy, though I'm curious how it looks in miniature form.  I'm not sure there's a great looking sword in the game though, sadly.

Love the model and all the details except the sword, seems too nice and straight. However, adding a few scratches here and there will fix it for for. Quick and easy job to make this model look perfect. I've switched from Guild to Neverborn but this one may convince me to get back to Guild :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viruk said:

Love the model and all the details except the sword, seems too nice and straight. However, adding a few scratches here and there will fix it for for. Quick and easy job to make this model look perfect. I've switched from Guild to Neverborn but this one may convince me to get back to Guild :)

I totally agree.  Well except the part about switching to Guild. :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sobek said:

Definitely a model that's going to to need a bit of painting BEFORE assembly....

Half the Emmisarys shown so far have been like this (Mysterious - base/body, Arcane - top arms, Brutal - dude in cage, possibly pine box, Lucky - where do I start?). Considering they're meant to be centerpeice models, a bit of complexity isn't bad.

Oh my gosh, I think I'm in love. I do I might become a one faction man when that thing hits shelves (Instead of like a seven faction man). I do agree a bit on the boots though, seems weird they go past his knees. Hopefully not to late to maybe perform a slight tweak there.

As for the sword, I like the plain undecorated look to it. This is the emissary of The Guild, there is no decoration, there is no art, there is only the LAW. Can't comment on it looking less like a sword as I am admittedly not familiar with how swords look irl.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stepfan said:

As for the sword, I like the plain undecorated look to it. This is the emissary of The Guild, there is no decoration, there is no art, there is only the LAW. Can't comment on it looking less like a sword as I am admittedly not familiar with how swords look irl.

This is pretty much my take on the brutal emissary- I don't mind the sword as it feels more menacing without decoration. I was originally going to just get the mysterious emissary when it gets released, but looks like I need some more guild-approved justice in my life. :D

On 2/22/2016 at 2:04 PM, Math Mathonwy said:

The boots go all the way up? I also don't understand the head. Is it really a bandaged guy wearing an enormous goat skull?

Certainly the first thing I noticed!

"Those boots... go on.. for days!"  I was just like.. "is he wearing knee hig-- no, they don't end above the knees.. good heavens where do they go?!"

Plus I was struggling to grasp the idea of what is under the skull, and after looking a bit, I decided it's just bandaged neck straight into skull.  The skull doesn't look like it's covering anything.. it is the thing.  The head thing.  Connected to the next part.  And there's knees somewhere in there, but I couldn't find the thigh bone so I gave up on the song.

The point is, I'm still ok with it.  I actually like the plain sword, contrary to what appears to be the more general consensus.  But hey, what can you do.

As for the "What is that thing?" question, and why it's huge, or has no head under the skull.  It's my understanding that the Emissaries are simply.. enhanced versions of the effigies?  Which were originally simply dolls made by Zoradia (And stop me at any time if I'm wrong here).  So they started out as simple dolls, made to infiltrate the other factions, by the devious Zoradia, but then they somehow were freed, or some weird magic made them their own entities, and they believe they work for their respective factions.  From there I am not exactly sure what happened to them, but I thought I heard that some sort of advancement or magical effect caused them to grow in power, and out came the Emissaries, their full fledged beautiful butterfly selves.

But I may have made that story up.

1 hour ago, Tawg said:

"Those boots... go on.. for days!"  I was just like.. "is he wearing knee hig-- no, they don't end above the knees.. good heavens where do they go?!"

Damn, now I can't unsee it. It's like he has super muscular leather thighs.

1 hour ago, Tawg said:

Plus I was struggling to grasp the idea of what is under the skull, and after looking a bit, I decided it's just bandaged neck straight into skull.  The skull doesn't look like it's covering anything.. it is the thing.  The head thing.  Connected to the next part. 

He looks to have a pretty visible jawline to me. Kind of like he's wearing the skull as a hat.