Badlands terrain

snitchythedog

14 minutes ago, Kaijuhandchop said:

Looking great , love the cactus. The caravan looks pretty cool. what model is that?

Thanks for the comps.  That caravan was scratch built.

Spoiler

DSC03888.jpg

Spoiler

DSC03893.jpg

Blog entries for the build.

Linkey 1

Linkey 2

Linkey 3

Linkey 4

Honestly it has too much detail becasue the interior is not visible but there you go. 

Snitchy sends.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Did you scratch build the cacti? Just out of pink stuff?

It all looks great! I need to make some more.

They are made from Sculpture Block but it is not like any other foam that I ever saw in the states.

Spoiler

IMG_2398.jpg

Initially it looks a lot like the green floral foam.  Small microbeads and it is easy to work with and shape.  The big difference is that it is structurally sound.  It does not deform under pressure and it seems to be as strong as pink or blue foam.  I also tested it out with several of the glues and paints that I had on my desk at the time.  It does not react to superglue, liquid plastic cement, spray paint or mat sealer.  A bit pricey but neat stuff all around.  If you do get some just cut blocks to size, sand until they are round then use a triangular needle file or rasp for the ridges.  I am happy with how they turned out since finding cactus models is difficult at best over here in the UK. 

Snitchy sends.

• Like 1