Wyrd will be at AdeptiCon 2016!

Shadowopal

I know what you are thinking... "Duh! C'mon Sean. There have been Wyrd events at AdeptiCon for 7 years now."

No.....Wyrd will BE at AdeptiCon! Let that sink in a bit..... Yep. You get it now.  There will be a freaking Wyrd Booth at AdeptiCon! You have asked for it every year and we finally pulled it off.  So make sure you come out to AdeptiCon and buy stuff at the booth so they know it is worth it. Don't make me look bad. 

As part of their stepping into the world of AdeptiCon awesomeness, Wyrd is going be be one of the swag bag sponsors again. We are also discussing having some minis at the hobby area for painting clinics. Also we are working on getting some (if not all)  of Wyrd's board games into the board game library. So if there is a Wyrd board game you have wanted to try,  check out the library when you get there. 

And last,  but certainly not the least, Wyrd is once again providing some great prize support for the eight Malifaux events we have this year! Plus the Masters of Malifaux event is a Nationals qualifier event. 

This is an awesome year for Wyrd at AdeptiCon. Get your tickets and be a part of it. 

• Like 7

@Shadowopal this is fantastic news. Something, I know many attendees (and organizers) have been pushing for years to have happen. This is indeed big news, and exciting for both Adepticon, Malifaux-players, and of course Wyrd. I'll be bringing my wallet (and some spare bag space). Guess what happens to be that same weekend?!!! Wyrds Annual Easter sale (I am assuming here, no quoting me on this, total speculation), which means maybe just maybe we can get stuff on site from the sale!?

Either way, this is great news. Will be nice to 'send people' to the Wyrd booth after they see the great game in person (or get a demo)!

• Like 2

Please do not make assumptions on Easter. Unfortunately we could not give Wyrd the space they asked for. The vendor hall will be tweaked next year. But they will have prime spot next to the ticket area I believe. Just not as much space as they would have preferred. So... I cannot guess what they will or will not be bringing. 

59 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Well I'm just being optimistic, of course. Like I say, either way its exciting they're going to have a booth to buy stuff at. That alone is big news. Thx

I understand completely.  I have to stop myself from digging holes for them by imagining all the cool things they could bring. 

12 minutes ago, Artiee said:

I really want a Adepticon Fate Deck.   :)   But this is great news!!

You and me both. If I were independently wealthy, I would churn them out and give them to everyone. But finding someone to sponsor thousands of dollars is challenging. Big thanks againto Through the Breach Podcast and Malifools for past decks. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Guslado said:

Very cool development, sadly I can't make it out to Adepticon this year (only room in the budget for one Con trip this year and Gen Con takes priority). Hopefully I'll be able to make it out in 2017.

You better.  I see your Facebook.  I know what you spend on road trips. Next year Chicago. ;)

1 minute ago, Shadowopal said:

You better.  I see your Facebook.  I know what you spend on road trips. Next year Chicago. ;)

Right now it's mostly the time off that I'm lacking; too many friends getting married in too many cool places.

Stupid job, it allows me to afford my hobbies but gets in the way of my participating in them...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

... and here I am across the pond and not getting any of that... Guess when I visit the states sometime I have to add

[  ] hang out before the Wyrd Offices and look creepingly through their windows...

... to my list. :(

Thats what I'm doing the next time I'm in Atlanta.   I already did that to Mythic Entertainment in 2009

• Like 2

This makes me seriously want to try to contract another head chef for that weekend and go, but it's one of 7 weekends a year that I have to cater a specific group and can't really get away.  The money I make that weekend is probably getting saved for the big Nova roadtrip, anyways; so I'll see Wyrd there.

But I really like that they're branching out to more cons.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yvarre said:

This makes me seriously want to try to contract another head chef for that weekend and go, but it's one of 7 weekends a year that I have to cater a specific group and can't really get away.  The money I make that weekend is probably getting saved for the big Nova roadtrip, anyways; so I'll see Wyrd there.

But I really like that they're branching out to more cons.

Yeah. Wyrd has sent reps last year and prize support the last 7 years. this is the first they will have a booth too. Sorry you can't make it. But, money is important.