Omni's Friday Gallery

Curtis

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late post. Had a medical emergency the past couple days. With that in mind this week is a bit light I'm afraid. I'll be back at it on Monday and hopefully have lots of things next week.

For now, please enjoy some guild hounds! :)

Hounds.jpg

• Like 8

Nice.  Doge!

The doxies and Tuco look excellent as well.  I love the softness of the transition on Tuco's highlights but also having so much gradient.  Especially the jeans, leather coat, and by god that armored plate on his shin.  I know you did some great freehand on that Tuco, but I can't get over how gorgeous that armored plate looks!

Also, with the Bear, I saw the small stream under him and for one brief second when I saw the leaf litter, I was so hoping that you had put tiny salmon jumping up stream into his maw or something.  Didn't work out in my favor.  As a side note, I'm not the biggest fan of the black-to-green transition there.  No offense of course, I just feel like the colors on that guy don't strike me as terribly harmonious, it just looks off to me.  But it could just be me.

I love how you painted Luther though his fur could use some more layers of middle tone as it looks like only two colors were used on it, especially the belly part (maybe it's the picture). Painting white fur is really tough and I've recently struggled with it while I was working on my Panda-Teddy. His clothes look absolutely amazing, eyes are bloody awesome and dirty teeth complete the look. 

Genbu looks great, I love the vibrant colors you've used and that dark NMM on the blade - man, that takes some skill.

• Like 1

Unfortunately no write up on these.

I got them halfway through Monday and had to get them completed by end of business yesterday in order to be ready for the sale. So not bad for only getting 3 1/2 days for the whole kit! :P

Yeah, the fur was a bit rough. There are several midtone layers but the photos kept coming out really white and desaturated. I think maybe a different backdrop would show him off better.

• Like 2