February 8 - Mysterious Emissary

Lucidicide

39 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

I believe the "creepy fairies" are supposed to represent changelings.

That may have been the intent at some point but if the Changeling card art is anything to go by they since decided to go in a different direction. So we need a Creepy Fairy revival! Creepy Fairies for president!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bengt said:

That may have been the intent at some point but if the Changeling card art is anything to go by they since decided to go in a different direction. So we need a Creepy Fairy revival! Creepy Fairies for president!

You realize you are saying the art on a being whose physical form and shape is malleable doesn't match and so these can't be changelings? :huh:

Pretty certain those are changelings at birth (genesis?) the art is just one example.

Nice looking model anyway. Sort of wish the other Emissaries had fun and detailed basing inclusions like the one here.

This is actually better looking than the artwork ! And it fits on the base !

I think this is a great sculpt job. I love this.

If I wanted to be picky, I'd say I'm not fond of the moss and the worms, mainly because painted moss does not usually brings the best result and because the moss & the worms seem a bit out of place when looking at the overall smooth scuplt of the mini.

But I would be picky :p. This is my favourite Emissary preview until now, very close to the lucky emissary.

3 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

You realize you are saying the art on a being whose physical form and shape is malleable doesn't match and so these can't be changelings? :huh:

Pretty certain those are changelings at birth (genesis?) the art is just one example.

Nice looking model anyway. Sort of which the other Emissaries had fun and detailed basing inclusions like the one here.

Right.  Pod people fresh out of the pod.

Amazing model.  I wish the Neverborn emissary was something different just from what I envision the emissaries to be, but this model is superb.

1 hour ago, Dirial said:

Aaaaaaand, it's an Emissary again. Lets all speculate what next week will bring. :P

That was my only criticism, though. I love everything about this sculpt. Easily my favourite Emissary for the moment.

Hodgepodge or Brutal I suppose.  I'm really curious to see how the guy in the cage turns out for Brutal.

3 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

My point is that they don't seem to be using the Creepy Fairy design for any standalone models. The Changeling image and the short text accompanying the card in SL implies that they'll be "imprinted" on humans. Which is shame IMO as the Creepy Fairies are much cooler than Face-Off Lad. But hey, maybe I'm wrong and the box will be one Face-Off Lad and two Creepy Fairies. If not I still hold out hope that they'll eventually be used for something.