February 1 - Carrion Emissary

Lucidicide

1 minute ago, yool1981 said:

Also, most people don't buy minis to have the right to spend hours learning new techniques so that they can compensate a flawed sculpt...

I get your point, and your right. Not everyone will enjoy the challenge, it is possible but I agree it's not easy. But maybe it's just an early render and they'll introduce more detail?

Cloth detail has been a notable weakness of the hard plastics in general, IMO.  I'm not sure I've seen anything that's got really stellar cloth, though I also play factions less concerned with this in general.  

That said, this Effigy is still one, maybe the best embodiment of the faction as a whole.  It could maybe do a quick pass by GW for some extra skulls but the concept and execution are both strong.  The Guild one might top it depending on how the art gets translated into a three dimensional object.  The other contenders for summing up the faction best are definitely Lucky, with its mix of silly and cruel, and Shadow cause Dragons are cool and this one is iconic (but probably would have been better just being Shenlong doing Lui Kang's Fatality)

The ones I'm a bit meh on are Arcane (nothing Tome based; Minotaur takes a few mental jumps to connect) though I think the actual model looks great.  Mysterious loses the mystery part.  Given the Changeling art, I'd have loved more of that creepy "monster under the mask" look.  Hodgepodge is just odd, but I'm not sure what I'd replace him with.

I think this one is good, but I agree that more tattered robes would've been nice... Not decided on the serrated beak, but rather easy to remove if one should so wish...

Overall I think Hodgepodge is the best emissary, followed by Lucky, Brutal and this one...

• Like 1