January 25th - Lucky Emissary

Lucidicide

17 minutes ago, RobertSirc said:

:blast We wont see this model being released till next year but damn i want to assemble and paint that.

I would be surprised if all the Emissaries weren't out at Gencon. This isn't based on anything, mind, no insider information or anything, I just think that it would make sense.

As for the render, I like it for the most part. It looks like this might be the first Wyrd mini that I need to paint in pieces, though... And I really hope that you can pin that bait Gremlin to something.

The pig looks excellent!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I would be surprised if all the Emissaries weren't out at Gencon. This isn't based on anything, mind, no insider information or anything, I just think that it would make sense.

As for the render, I like it for the most part. It looks like this might be the first Wyrd mini that I need to paint in pieces, though... And I really hope that you can pin that bait Gremlin to something.

The pig looks excellent!

If you look at the front view, it appears the bait gremlin is trying to save himself and has a finger on the wheel.  Not great, but its something.

19 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

The pig looks excellent!

I'm kinda hoping they release everything from book 2 before the Emissaries but I could total see them dropping all of them at Gencon along with the new book.  Book 3 did not have too many models in it so if book 4 has similar amount then they will catch up with them selves.  All of book 3 models might not be out by book 4 but I bet all of book 4 models will be out by book 5.  Trying not to veer to far off topic but does anyone know what book 4 will be like?

Back to the render,  I like how they put in little details that makes it look like that wheel could function mechanically. 

Curse you, Wyrd, for making me want to buy more Gremlins!  :blast 

I look at the model and my heart is filled with fear.  Is that plastic rope going to be strong enough to hold Carrot (the gremlin tied up) in position like that without a contact point between the frame and Carrot?  It's a great visual, but it would have a lot more structural integrity (and move around less during painting) if one of Carrot's hands smacked against the frame or something, instead of just floating at the end of the rope.

10 minutes ago, solkan said:

Curse you, Wyrd, for making me want to buy more Gremlins!  :blast 

I look at the model and my heart is filled with fear.  Is that plastic rope going to be strong enough to hold Carrot (the gremlin tied up) in position like that without a contact point between the frame and Carrot?  It's a great visual, but it would have a lot more structural integrity (and move around less during painting) if one of Carrot's hands smacked against the frame or something, instead of just floating at the end of the rope.

Breath, you are better than that. You are stronger than that.

17 hours ago, yool1981 said:

Still my everlasting remark, how doest it fit on a 50mm base?

So far I'm wondering the same for all of them, unless they're smaller than I think they are.  They do look gorgeous though...

I really love this sculpt, it just has so much character to it!  Having the three different bodies all doing such radically different things is brilliant.

• 1 month later...

How does their platform stay up as the wheel rotates? :huh:

Have to agree with Bengt here. The characters look pretty good but the model as a whole looks pretty bulky and has a lot of material devoted to just chunks of wood. The Carrion, Brutal and Mysterious emissaries by contrast are all much more imposing and dynamic models without much cruft.

I feel like the Lucky Emissary was a bit of a waste compared to the others, anyway, since it was basically the Lucky Effigy on a vehicle. Ho hum.