Can you play Resurrectionists without Nurses/Belles?

gibbindefs

If you don't plan to purchase too many models, Molly will be hard to get on without belles as well, as only 1 Resser starter box comes with Spirit models, leaving you essentially punk zombies and belles as summons if you only get the starter boxes. You really can't run a 3 part crooligan crew and Phillip, and the cheapest "upgrade" for a Molly starter would be Seamus' box of belles and Sybelle. I'm discounting the blisters because Resser starters by and large will get you a pretty decent variety of models to play most of the masters.

• Like 1

never thought the Belles were "ridiculously proportioned". In fact, they are perfectly normal proportion wise. Good thing you are not playing Infinity. <shrug>

They are not absolutely necessary to win however they are so fantastic it is a bit of a self-imposed  handicap. The Belles are so handy in denying schemes and strats where a model has to be in a specific place.

• Like 1

Also, depending on which master you're playing, not utilizing belles, nurses, or dead doxies by extension can be easier. The prime examples that come to mind are Yan Lo and Kirai, the former utilizing ancestors/spirits and the latter utilizing spirits and choice living or undead models that tend not to be those three.

I think not taking Belles is a serious handicap in your own mobility. Being able to rescue models from combat, or towing models from your deployment zone to be in better position to strike, in addition to luring opposing models in/attacking their hand with the "She doesn't look that dead to me" trigger is really great for 5 points.  They're such a great utility piece.

And generally I take one nurse per crew. If I don't include one, I have to have a really good reason. Again, they're a great utility piece. You can also model them up from the multipart kits, they're a great boon. You can also consider taking Wastrels as male belles, painting them as undead gigolos,  though I do like the idea someone presented of the undead confectioner/baker.