Mysty the Emissary that doesn't quite fit

Mxbedlam

So I'm sure a lot of why the Emissary's don't see play is simply lack of a model and having to print out the cards, that being said I don't see a lot of space for our own Mysty in most Neverborn crews. I did use her with some success in a Lynch crew this evening, but that 10 points would have been just as well served on Graves with Fears Given Form or Candy. The interesting merits of the Mysty are 1) Summoning, albeit a weak model with tiny wounds, 2) Hazardous Terrain, 3) Scheme, Corpse, Scrap removal, 4) Possibly giving out Fast on turn 4+

Master wise, I think Zoriada benefits the most from its special upgrade, and even that is good but still not a must have for the Z crew.

Anyone used the Mysty to good use? Did you feel it improved your game or was just a decent choice among lots of other choices? What reason did you take it over other Enforcers?

2 hours ago, tomjoad said:

I'm really excited to try the Emissary out with Pandora. The "gain any ability" ability looks crazy good. I'm thinking Emissary plus Aionus. The Emissary can have 3ap every turn, and Aionus can move the Hungry Land markers wherever they might need to be. 

Making Emissary Fast using Aionus is sorta resource-intensive, though.

I haven't tested the Emissary but on paper I like it a lot. The Hazardous Terrain is something that should make the enemy sweat nicely.

6 hours ago, Myyrä said:

Not that dumb, because the Emissary can only copy abilities from Neverborn models.

Oh noooo. I wonder if I would have caught this before trying it out a few times?

I'm still excited to try out Mysty with the Conflux of Sorrow, but this does change things a lot...

1 hour ago, tomjoad said:

Oh noooo. I wonder if I would have caught this before trying it out a few times?

I'm still excited to try out Mysty with the Conflux of Sorrow, but this does change things a lot...

It can still copy Casting Expert, Incorporeal or one of the nasty Auras from Candy/Pandora/Sorrows.

Seriously, Collodi and Pandora are totally the Masters I want to try the Emissary with.

Collodis upgrade works regardless of which limited upgrade he takes, and gives lots of options for gaining Fast on the Emissary (plus now he's a Puppet!)

Pandoras upgrade is bonkers - the ability to copy any ability from a Neverborn model is crazy.  As well as the ones Myyra uses as examples, there's Regen+2 from Teddy, Terrifying (All) 13, Manipulative from the Doppelganger, Don't Mind Me..... the more I think about it, the more bonkers that ability is!

7 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Just as a note, The emissary can't copy abilities from a NB Master.

The Arcane Reservoir podcast covered their opinions on the emissary if you want to take a listen. In general their opinion was don't bother with him unless you are playing Pandora or Collodi.

They did have a lot of great things to say, a few things I disagreed with, mostly because of my success with the Emissary. @rancor709 and I did an episode talking about our specific experiences with the Emissaries we had used.

http://cheatedfatesradio.podbean.com/e/cheated-fates-radio-and-a-conflux-of-emissaries/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shadowfane said:

Seriously, Collodi and Pandora are totally the Masters I want to try the Emissary with.

Collodis upgrade works regardless of which limited upgrade he takes, and gives lots of options for gaining Fast on the Emissary (plus now he's a Puppet!)

Pandoras upgrade is bonkers - the ability to copy any ability from a Neverborn model is crazy.  As well as the ones Myyra uses as examples, there's Regen+2 from Teddy, Terrifying (All) 13, Manipulative from the Doppelganger, Don't Mind Me..... the more I think about it, the more bonkers that ability is!

Copying Manipulative isn't very useful ;)

But yeah, there's a lot of amazing things on offer for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Tested the Emissary with Lilith in a list I dubbed Minefield,with these two,Transfixing Gaze,Beckon Malifaux,Waldgeists,Weaver Widow and Cherub and Tuco.

The idea was simply to tell your opponent "don't go there,or there,or anywhere". And with area denial and the right Schemes and Strats (either Reckoning or Reckon,Deliver a Message at least,maybe Protect Territory in that match) you control the board or atleast force your opponent to bleed for every inch. In that match the Emissary worked well and I have a good feeling for it. Especially when it has many good tools for many situations I think. Gonna try him with Lynch for a third beatstick/control piece.

• Like 1