BiteFaux - Chessington - Saturday 2nd of April - 50ss Fixed Master

SurreyLee

Hey there. Was hoping for a little bitfof clarity for the painting bit. I was wondering if you had to enter the master your playing with for the day for the best painted competition or if you can enter a different master model? The pack simply states "master." Looking forward to this immensely! 

Hey guys

The Masters painting competition need not be the one you are using, but it must be one that you have personally painted.

And without further ado, the schemes and strats are:

Reckoning: Close Deployment

Convict labour

Occupy their turf

Frame for murder

Take prisoner

Exhaust their forces

Extraction: Corner Deployment

Convict labour

A quick murder

Neutralise the leader

Leave your mark

Hunting party

Guard the stash: Standard Deployment

Convict labour

Leave your mark

Show of force

Covert breakthrough

Inspection

I know we said this was a beginners tournament and we were likely to use the book 1 schemes, but having played GG16 we decided the schemes are actually better balanced, and in some ways will help beginners along as the more experienced players are still getting a hang of them too. Don't worry about printing off GG16 though, our recording sheets have got all the info you need.

All the best

Zac

Edited to include deployments

• Like 6

Okay all, strats and schemes are up and hopefully you are all planning away furiously. Raffle prizes are purchased, trophies finished and tables pretty much sorted. Zac and I are fairly excited about this and glad y'all have supported our first event. 

I'm going to book a table for 14 People for the curry and have had the following responses;

Connor - 7

Ben Simes (assume Jan too?) - 2

Dave Brown - 1

Matt Cole - 1

Me and Will - 2

We have a space spare. Given pack up time etc, i'll book a table for 6pm.

If anyone who wants to come for a curry, but hasn't told me, you can call the Red Rose in Chessington on 0208 391 5530 and add yourself to the booking which is in my name. Be good to get y'all along.

Anyway, any questions pre-event, please let me know. 

• Like 1

would love to but have a terrible long drive north 

8 hours ago, Psientologist said:

It's just Sime, I'm big enough to count as two people I guess though ;-)

I'll poke a couple of the others via other media too, SOCIALSE PEOPLE!

-Ben Sime

would love to but have a terrible long drive north once the event finishes. 

16 hours ago, Psientologist said:

It's just Sime, I'm big enough to count as two people I guess though ;-)

I'll poke a couple of the others via other media too, SOCIALSE PEOPLE!

-Ben Sime

Well, we have 16 people currently for evening shenanigans. That's pretty cool all round. 

Just got back from a great day out. Well organised (well done Lee & Zac), comfortable venue with plenty of space and a well stocked raffle (loving my Bad Ink fate deck).

3 enjoyable games that proved that they can be competitive and fun. I played Kaeris with differing crews to suit each game.

First game against Matt with Perdita saw us offset against each other in a reckoning game. Despite some poor cards in hand I thought things were going quite well, but my Frame For Murder plans (on a Fire Gamin, and not Howard as matt thought) were scuppered by matt having Take Prisoner on the very same model! 4-4 draw.

Second game was a rematch from earlier this year against Marcus playing Pandora in Extraction. My cards in the first few rounds were even worse, but I moved models up into the centre to earn points even when Pandora was paralysing them (3 in turn 2!). We both played without minions (to earn an extra raffle ticket) abd whilst my Malifaux Child was safe on a building Matt's vomit worm fell to Kaeris who then attacked Aoinos, eventually killing him helped by the Firestarter. 7-6 win.

Last game was against John with Sonia and Guard the Stash. Another close fought game saw a chancy advance with the Mech Rider pay off earning VPs from scheme markers whilst Kaeris did a cheeky VP denial by repositioning a Witchling Stalker using Grab & Drop. Steady point scoring for a 9-7 win, and 5th overall.

• Like 2

Another great day down south! Many thanks to Zac and Lee for organising a great event, and to John, Ross and Jamie for three hard fought and enjoyable games. It was also lovely to see the flippin wyrd and to have a chance to chat to them more- a great day in chessington!

• Like 1

Hello and wow, what a day we had yesterday. I'd like to thank everyone again for turning up yesterday and more importantly having a days worth of gaming where I had more questions of where the toilets were than rules queries. I'd like to think all had fun, but as with all things, if there are any areas of improvement please let us know. Zac was genuinely gutted to not be there for the day itself but his work prior to the event with the score sheets etc was simply fantastic. I just had to turn up and shout an bit with times.

Anyway, here is a rundown of the placings yesterday. I will submit to the rankings but would like clarity some names. We've taken them as below so if you want them counting for the rankings, and to make the rankings organisers job easier, please let me know what it should be changed to so the rankings is as accurate as possible. Dave you will be submitted as David as discussed. So, without further ado, here goes.....

1. Nick Featherstone - Arcanist - TP 9 - Diff 15

2. Mark Elwood - Neverborn - TP 9 - Diff 13

3. Conor Rooney - Ten Thunder - TP 9 - Diff 7

4. Connor M - Arcanist - TP 7 - Diff 9

5. David Brown - Arcanist - TP 7 - Diff 3

6. Shaunie - Neverborn - TP 6 - Diff 8

7. Lukas Rozanski - Neverborn - TP 6 - Diff 7

8. Jamie Varney - Resurrectionist - TP 6 - Diff 7

9. Ben Sime - Arcanist - TP 6 - Diff 3

10. Paul Butler - Ten Thunder - TP 6 - Diff 1

11. George Hollingdale - Arcanist - TP 6 - Diff - 0

12. Richard Keeling - Neverborn - TP 6 - Diff - (-3)

13. Marcus Rose - Neverborn - TP 4 - Diff 1

14. Matt Lewin - Guild - TP 4 - Diff - 1

15. Tom Thorpe - Outcasts - TP 4 - Diff (-2)

16. Ross Baker - Resurrectionist - TP 4 - Diff (-3)

17. John Burgess - Guild - TP 3 - Diff 2

18. Will Malcolm - Ten Thunder - TP 3 - Diff 0

19. Sean Wheeliker - Neverborn - TP 3 - Diff 0

20. Chris Fernandez-Packham - Neverborn - TP 3 - Diff (-1)

21. Tobias D - Resurrectionist - TP 3 - Diff (-1)

22. Tom Payne - Arcanist - TP 3 - Diff (-4)

23. Russell Shea - Resurrectionist - TP 3 - Diff (-4)

24. Andy Bradshaw - Gremlins - TP 3 - Diff (-6)

25. Tim Brown - Neverborn - TP 3 - Diff (-10)

26. AJ - Guild - TP 2 - Diff (-5)

27. Jan Proudley - Ten Thunder - TP 1 - Diff (-2)

28. Jonathan Hill - Neverborn - TP 1 - Diff (-8)

29. Matt Cole - Guild - TP 0 - Diff (-7)

30. Wayne Smith - Arcanist - TP 0 - Diff (-21) 

Finally a shout out to http://ibuywargames.co.uk/ for assisting with some prize support and discounts and if anyone likes the tokens which were handed out, these were from http://www.cogotwo.com/

Thanks again all and when Zac gets back from his holiday we will sit together and try and get a date in the diary for another event this year.

• Like 1

Many thanks to Zac and Lee for doing such a great job. There were so many great details that combined to produced an exceptional level of event.  Everything was setup and then run with any easy going competence, immensely impressed. 

Really liked the achievement pool things like a raffle ticket for playing with full painted crew or losing master or getting tabled really thoughtful and inclusive. The score sheets with each round on a separate page and the details for each scheme in the specific round was really slick. The venue was top notch, much better spacing than is typical with access to tea/coffee and water a really nice bonus.  Painting competition was great, achievement for entering genius, having it on an individual model and TO judged made it feel a lot more open than usual.

Whilst I appreciate some of the ideas have been cherry picked from other peoples events and you had help from the godfather of malifaux I have to say you really raised bar regards the standards of malifaux events.

On a personnel note I found the TO's utter disregards for my charming northern banter regards the Best Painted competition a little disappointing and of course coming lower than Ben in the final standings, shameful.  Will do my best to get to your next event.

• Like 5