January 18th - Shadow Emissary

Lucidicide

Wyrd, you can't make me start Ten Thunders too...

When the artwork for the emissaries were first released, my favorites were the Ten Thunders, Neverborn, and Guild, and I'm glad to see the Dragon lives up to my expectations. The details on the scales are outstanding, and I'll be impressed if they transfer that well to the plastic medium. I like everything about this from the pose to the menace it radiates.

11 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

I just dread the kit for it. If I go by Malifaux kit Assembling Standards, we gonna probably have to glue on every scale seperately ;___;!

I love it, to death, but I am really dreading any gaps that might be on this bad boy.  Filling them while making it blend with the texture of what's around it?  Not gonna be easy.

It'll probably still be fun though :P.  MmmmMmmm Dragons, Ten Thunders, Lightning...

The only thing I really hope, is that someone puts an extremely small sculpt of a little person running on the back of the dragon, with orange on and black spiky hair...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tawg said:

The only thing I really hope, is that someone puts an extremely small sculpt of a little person running on the back of the dragon, with orange on and black spiky hair...

I knew I had seen this Emissary before !

shenron___dragon_ball_online___by_majinglatest?cb=20120424224807dragonballz_shenron-freecomputerdesktopw

Now we know who the next TT master will be:

sticker-autocollant-manga-dragon-ball-z-

• Like 1

Nice looking model but some how I am not impressed. This emissary to me was always the low hanging fruit of the bunch and though the model looks good it is still the low hanging fruit, which makes it only slightly better looking then the outcast one which is dull and the Neverborn that reminds me of only 2 of the masters while being Bad Juju's little brother. I love Wyrd for the uniqueness of the models among other things and this just is not what I love about Wyrd models.

7 hours ago, SpectreEliteGaming said:

Good catch, yool.

To be fair, Tawg was the one who spotted it first.

As a side note, Dragonball's dragon is named Shenron in Japanese, which seems to be Shenlong in Chinese (divine dragon). It reminds me of something...

I hope we're not getting a Sangoku henchman.

Quick question; will the emissaries come with the upgrade cards for everyone who COULD take it or just those that are predominant in that faction?

I.e. Brutal Emissary, will he come 8 upgrade cards (1 regular and 1 for each master that could take it, including Mc Mourning and Lucius), or just what you find in the book (excluding McMourning because he is more present in Ressers than Guild).

Ultimately I would like to just get the Mysterious Emissary with the upgrade cards for all the possible Masters that can play Neverborn, and that includes Lucius and Jakob, instead of having to buy 2 extra models just for 2 cards. (Brutal and Shadow in this case)

6 hours ago, Pinocchio said:

Quick question; will the emissaries come with the upgrade cards for everyone who COULD take it or just those that are predominant in that faction?

I.e. Brutal Emissary, will he come 8 upgrade cards (1 regular and 1 for each master that could take it, including Mc Mourning and Lucius), or just what you find in the book (excluding McMourning because he is more present in Ressers than Guild).

Ultimately I would like to just get the Mysterious Emissary with the upgrade cards for all the possible Masters that can play Neverborn, and that includes Lucius and Jakob, instead of having to buy 2 extra models just for 2 cards. (Brutal and Shadow in this case)

It's my understanding from sometime last fall that Emissaries will come with upgrades for every Master associated with that faction + generic. That means, yes, if one was to get Brutal and Mysterious Emissary, one would end up with 2 Lucius upgrades.

Okay, so I still really don't like it all that much but the more I look at it the more I feel compelled to paint it up DBZ style with floating balls. It would be a good challenge to actuallybe able to pull it off well. But then again... I have sooo much to do. :/ 

Too much cool stuff coming out I think.

I really like this, it's exactly what an asian dragon should look like, which is fitting considering it's for an asian-inspired faction. Most of the negative comments here seem to boil down to nothing more than: "I'm only used to western dragons therefore asian dragons look funny to me" which really is more of a problem with the viewer and not the miniature itself. As for the leg positions, people seem to forget that these miniatures are not meant to be representations of statues, they represent a singular moment in time. The left arm could be on the downswing from an attack, or simply pawing at the air while the dragon rears on it's hind legs. It's position isn't that unrealistic if you consider it is just one moment in a much longer motion. besides, how can anyone seriously complain about how "realistic" the miniature is when we're talking about a glob of magical energy that started as a puppet then turned into a magic dragon. I love it, and even though I don't play 10 Thunder I may still get it just to paint and have it look pretty on my shelf.

7 minutes ago, Shadowdragon said:

Most of the negative comments here seem to boil down to nothing more than: "I'm only used to western dragons therefore asian dragons look funny to me" which really is more of a problem with the viewer and not the miniature itself.

Funny, I didn't see a single comment that would even remotely imply something like that. In fact, most of the negative comments were arguably the opposite in that they found it boringly generic eastern dragon.