Where does the Rogue Necromancy go?

Pyrflamme

Thinking ahead to my February purchases, what's the current sentiment on Rogue Necromancy hiring? Right now I'm in possession of Molly/Tara/Kirai with Nicodem still on sprue, and while I think the model is cool, I can't really see a spot for it that isn't currently occupied by something else (students, Killjoy, Izamu). I'm thinking about getting Dr. Dufresque if she goes on sale like the other previous sale models were available Black Friday, and I could see the RN upgrade being funny with melee monster McMourning for even more zipping around the board, but other than that, I got nothing.

Any suggestions that will help me justify a purchase? :)

Another beater to McMourning and Rafkin could be handy to draw focus from them (and Sebastian), though I prefer the Valedictorian for that role (until the Emissary is released), she is faster (Stalk is a bit limited imho), way more survivable and while she does not have any ways to hand out poison, she is independent enough to hold a flank, hunt down/tie up some models and be a pain in the ass to kill.

But its a badass model, and I can see it working alright with Nicodem who could help out his mobility issues and heal him back with Decay.

Also do you mean a specific type of build by melee monster McMourning? 

That would be an illegal play. You can't re activate the rogue necromancy, Molly can only reactivate minions with the relevant traits. The rogue necromancy is an enforcer.

Ive heard of some people getting some use out of it, I however don't really like it as a hire. It's just too easy to knock it below the effectiveness you pay for. For me, in general, it serves as a Very nice decoration, that occasionally comes out if summoned via spare parts.

• Like 2

They're not too expensive (cash wise) so it's probably worth getting one for some Molly Spare Parts summoning shenanigans.  As Fetid says it's generally not worth hiring though I have thought about taking it in a Nico Reckoning list with Nico handing out Fast and Heals like Candy.  If you ever decide to go Arcanists Marcus likes having one around!

Ran one effectively in turf war with Molly, however spare parts meant there was two of them top of turn two.

I think a rogue and a shikome make a nice tag team, but expensive.

I feel there is legitimacy is runny one with Tara and the non soulstone use upgrade for assaination shenanigans, but that isn't tested by any means

Only started redabbling with ressers

• Like 1

I run one in my Reckoning Kirai crew, with Pack on it. It tends to hang back at the limit of its shooting range while Izamu and Shikome/Hanged do the dirty work up front. Its stalk/pack combo gives either Kirai or Izamu a free walk action most turns (I love not having to spend Kirai's AP on walking), and the built-in Infect trigger on its shooting attack is brilliant for getting 1AP charges for your Shikome (as well as the 3 min damage helping soften things up as well). Lastly, if it does drop below half wounds, Seishin can be used to heal it. Once the lines start to get a bit closer, I tend to let it off the leash so it can do its full, terrible, work, though. 5 moderate damage is amazing.

• Like 1

I want to try the following Nico-List with the Rogue Necro

Nico (with 6 Stones)

+ Maniacal Laugh [1ss]

+ Necrotic King [2ss]

+ Undertaker [1ss]

Graveyard Spirit / Vulture - still undecided [3ss]

Guild Autopsy [4ss]

Guild Autopsy [4ss]

Mortimer [9ss]

+ Corpse Bloat [2ss]

Nurse [5ss]

Rogue Necromancy [10ss]

+ Take back the Night [1ss]

Rotten Belle [5ss]

The Idea is to couple the Graveyard Spirit to the Necro, keep them in the center and healed. The Autopsies shoot poison around and Nico supports/summons two Shikome early.
Kills from RN, Shikome, Autopsies and some Summons draw Cards because Take back the Night.

Havent tried it yet because i dont have all the models yet ... but soooooon :-D

The RN does some Things here that put it above our other beaters (at least i think). Take back the Night looks realy nice and i need a Horror for that so not Izamu. Also the RN can spit poison around a bit wich makes for better interaction with the Shikome.

Any Oppinions on the List?

I've played only a couple of games with mr.Fluffy (Rogue Necro) and It didn't last more than a couple of turns, however the pack upgrade is very nice, gives the res some mobility helping you get your pieces in the right place, it will attract a lot of firepower for sure, if you manage to get it in melee he is quite scary though.

I think it benefits a lot from close deployment zones such as close deployment or Flank, its Terrifiyng (all) 13 can give some problems to some crew (except Rasputina of course).

Overall is one of my favourite pieces to play with Molly, i'll try it with McMourning as well, but i must agree with everybody and say that at the same point cost the valedictorian is a better choice

22 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

That would be an illegal play. You can't re activate the rogue necromancy, Molly can only reactivate minions with the relevant traits. The rogue necromancy is an enforcer.

Ive heard of some people getting some use out of it, I however don't really like it as a hire. It's just too easy to knock it below the effectiveness you pay for. For me, in general, it serves as a Very nice decoration, that occasionally comes out if summoned via spare parts.

My bad you are quite right there second time I had used molly and first time using that combo thanks for the catch 

• 2 years later...