OMG so OP Plz cuddle

ukrocky

Good morning all!

Following many a discussion on the Twitterverse, Facebook and all the various places that people love talking nonsense, I wanted to see what combos, models, upgrades and so on you guys think are super powerful. That isn't to say they are OP and need a cuddle, but ones that you hate seeing or just work too well.

To give some examples, recently in a multitude of places, there's been discussion about Belle Spam, some people think it's the best thing since toastie makers, others think it's about as good as it is living. Or you might think that a combination of two models provides some hilarious and potentially immense synergy. 

What I want to see is what is your best combo, most OP, most ridiculous thing in each faction, and please kids, try not to kill each other.

Guild:

Ressers:

Arcanists:

Neverborn:

Gremlins:

Outcasts:

Ten Thunders:

Two things I play sometimes and work well. :)

Guild: Hoffman with Emissary and Howard. (Boxed and the Emissary gets the +Ram Upgrade and Fast) -> inbuilt instant death

TT: Shenlong with Misdirect, Recalled Training and Highriverstyle -> last 2 games: placed him in the middle of the opponent crew, got hit zero times (just suffered few wounds for Highriver)

My opinions would be the often lamented Guild Austringers and the Rotten Belles. Both are a bit too good for what they do without the requirement for support (their flagship stats are sufficiently high enough to virtually guaranty success in most circumstances), and in my opinion are somewhat painted in to a corner for further development.

• Like 1

Sonnia Criid + Papa Loco + Death Marshall = Large AOE death

Lynch + Terror Tots = Marathon running babies

Molly + Punk Zombies = More dead things

Leveticus + Either Limited Upgrade = WTF am I facing?

Luna + Guild Hound + Backflash + Take This = Impossible to miss Deliver the Message

Mechanical Rider. So hard to stop against someone who knows what they're doing with her. Pushes and summons, durability, mobility and scheme markers. I'd like to not bring a model or two specifically to counter her. Even then, anything which can actually hit for their full damage will have trouble keeping up with her.

You expect a certain amount of performance out of 11+SS models given the activations and AP you are sacrificing, but she does everything so well, aside from mass murder.

I feel like this all sort of depends.  I have yet to encounter something in Malifaux that has sent me into "Dear god why does this exist?!" mode, but there are a great number of things that are substantially more powerful (Especially models combo'ing for greater effect).  But even then, I feel you can draw a line between things that are substantially powerful but feel like they belong (Lynch + anyone who wants to discard), and things that feel like they're trying to exploit mistakes (Papa Loco in a Box after Buffing someone).

The former are hardly an issue, and I honestly thing Malifaux does some of the best work keeping things in line, while also making relatively exciting models (Abilities and stats, fluff to some degree but that matters less for balance).  The latter on the other hand are things that seem counter intuitive, or like they don't belong in the game, and those are the "combo" styles that I am not keen on, even if it doesn't bend the game in half.

But that said, I don't really get to game as much as I'd like with Malifuax, so unfortunately I don't get a chance to be stomped by wicked sick combos :(.

Perdita and Francisco (with upgrades).

Francisco walks (or teleports) into engagement with an enemy hidden out of LoS and in hard cover, Perdita activates ignore cover, shoots Francisco (cannot even see the other model) who is in an engagement, do not flip a card for Francisco, instantly hit the other model, who gets a negative to defense while Perdita flips straight.

Instant 3 shots on any model, giving it a negative on def and ignoring LoS and cover, whatever the model was, its dead.

3 hours ago, vulky said:

Perdita and Francisco (with upgrades).

Francisco walks (or teleports) into engagement with an enemy hidden out of LoS and in hard cover, Perdita activates ignore cover, shoots Francisco (cannot even see the other model) who is in an engagement, do not flip a card for Francisco, instantly hit the other model, who gets a negative to defense while Perdita flips straight.

Instant 3 shots on any model, giving it a negative on def and ignoring LoS and cover, whatever the model was, its dead.

She only ignores cover OR armour. While it can be brutal, this isn't very effective against armour 2 or higher. Add that Francisco needs to see the enemy to target them with the teleport and also needs a hilariously expensive upgrade making him pricey. I might add that Francisco should always be target priority number one in almost any crew, especially if he has Diestro and he isn't super hard to bring down. 

I remember the good old days during beta when Perdita herself could carry Diestro. Since her claw attacks are also done using sh (but gets higher damage from auto crit) and she is practically immortal when you have Franciscos buff on her it got kinda silly good.

• Like 1