Upcoming tournament with Lynch

qoob

Hello community, it's me again!

I'm playing Lynch at my local game store's tournament this saturday and I wanted to ask you for some improvements or comments.

It's a 3 round based tournament with all the strats and schemes set.

Round 1:
Deployment: Standard
Strat: Squatter's Rights
Scheme Pool: A line in the sand, Breakthrough, Distract, Make them suffer, Take prisoner (I would pick the bold schemes - not sure about 2nd)

Round 2:
Deployment: Flank
Strat: Turf War
Scheme Pool: A line in the sand, Protect Territory, Bodyguard, Plant explosives, Deliver a message

Round 3:
Deployment: Corner
Strat: Guard the stash
Scheme Pool: A line in the sand, Breakthrough, Assassinate, Entourage, Vendetta (not sure about 2nd)

My Crew for all of the 3 rounds:

Lynch (Recalled Training, Woke up with a hand, Rising Sun)
Huggy (Hidden Agenda, Recalled Training - Smoke Grenades instead of Hidden Agenda if opponent has a shooting crew)
1 Illuminated
1 Beckoner (For board control - not sure about that one)
2 Depleted
2 TT Brothers
Shadow Emissary (Conflux upgrade)

Yep, I'm aware of the low SS pool and I hope it does not affect Lynch too much.

What do you guys think? Do I have to replace something?

I hope you can help me out.

Thank you!

Hey, you are joining the tournament at Sirengames right? ;)

I wouldn't take Recalled Training for Lynch. It is one of my favorite upgrades but not on him. Nearly all of his actions have no damage flip, so it is only 50% useful. I would take Misdirect because it can help him to survive longer if you redirect attacks on your own more tanky models. You could replace the Beckoner and one depleted for a Samurai. Its another good target for the Emissary-Fast-Push (0 point upgrade) if Huggy is not in range and you can redirect most attacks on him because of armor +2. And you have more SS

Just a few examples. I really like your original list too.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Shen Long said:

Hey, you are joining the tournament at Sirengames right? ;)

I wouldn't take Recalled Training for Lynch. It is one of my favorite upgrades but not on him. Nearly all of his actions have no damage flip, so it is only 50% useful. I would take Misdirect because it can help him to survive longer if you redirect attacks on your own more tanky models. You could replace the Beckoner and one depleted for a Samurai. Its another good target for the Emissary-Fast-Push (0 point upgrade) if Huggy is not in range and you can redirect most attacks on him because of armor +2. And you have more SS

Just a few examples. I really like your original list too.

Sirengames, exactly! :)

Misdirection sounds like a good idea to me. I'll test that out on saturday. I don't have a Samurai unfortunately and the Beckoner will only be in if I need more board control. For Squatter's Rights I'll drop one of the Depleted too because they are Insignificant.

Lynch's Emissary upgrade is really good. 

I would also recommend switching the Beckoner for another Illuminated. Beckoners are ok, but I think you will get more mileage out of another Illuminated. Huggy can "Obey" and the Emissary (with Lynch's upgrade) can push enemies too. Maybe ditch the Recalled Training on Lynch for more Soulstones (possibly Huggy too). Soulstones are great to have in this crew. For prevention, and buffing Lynch/Huggys damage. 

In game 1, Depleted might be a liability. They can't get rid of Distract, and are very survivable. 

• Like 1

If you intend to play Brilliance-theme, you might want to have a Beckoner -or- the Depleted, but not both. Instead take a second Illuminated like Patzer suggests above, they are your minion-henchmen. Keep in mind that the Emissary can do a similar trick to the Beckoners - who are great, but by no means 100% tournament gold. Depleted are great tarpits, but somewhat situational - they can not interact (insignificant). Recalled Training on Lynch is actually pretty good, but requires more finesse on when you are using it - he is somewhat squishy, after all. Unless you are confident in reading the activations and positioning in the game, I would take Misdirection instead. More costly, but more practical, and also comboes well with Illuminated (they can heal and might want to fish out the aces with (0) Brillshaper anyway).

On another note, how about a big, nasty flier - TT style? B) Ama no Zako has a lot of options (more finesse required though) and loves Smoke Grenades. Dawn Serpent is solid all-around. Any of those two can flank together with Huggy, or zip in and out of combat when a good chance is available. Ama no Zako can also play tag-team with Huggy for Obey >> Paralyze >> Devour shenanigans. Finally, 10T is also well stacked in the ranged department. If you have an access to a Katanaka Sniper and the Shadow Effigy, you can have all manner of scheme control. Also, the Effigy + 10T Bro = almost certain ALTS in like, first-second turn?

In the end, your best bet might just be to play the models you have, like to play and know well. Know yourself to avoid defeat. If you also know your opponent, you can attain swift victory (Confucius).

Round 1: I'd swap out the 2 Depleted for Mr. Graves instead.  He'll help get your crew in position for the squat markers sooner, and people have already noted the problems with Depleted and Distract.  I think if, after seeing your opponent's crew, you decide to go with Make Them Suffer, the Beckoner will be added insurance in making sure Lynch and Huggy have minions near them to kill, though Huggy is highly capable of going to them.  However, another Henchman also wouldn't hurt, as Huggy can go down quite easily when overextended, and I've missed my share of MTS points banking on Lynch and Huggy getting there and savvy opponents taking out Huggy and keeping minions away from Lynch.  The scheme pool here is just a bit rough for your crew, but Breakthrough seems like a decent choice revealed.

Round 2: Deliver a Message is very conditional on the master you will face, and you only get full points for it revealed, making it easier to avoid.  It will work if you're pretty sure they'll advance their master forward and you can be sure that you can have an engaged model with 2 AP, which can be dependent on surviving and winning initiative.  However, both Protect Territory and Bodyguard need models to survive to score points, and many people bring nasty, big beaters out for Turf War. Lynch, Huggy, and the Emissary are all good at killing, so prioritizing targets that will do the most damage to you may be good.

Round 3:  I'm a big fan of 2 Beckoners and Endless Darkness for Guard the stash.  As you can predict that they will have models by each stash marker, it's easy to deploy for broad spectrum coverage from Beckoners who each can bring in a model for Lynch and Huggy to kill a turn without making yourself vulnerable.  With 4 models dead by the end of turn 2, mop up can be trivial.  Having Rising Sun for Entourage is nice insurance, though.  Master dependent, a 2 Beckoner build can also make Assassinate pretty trivial, as they can draw your opponent's master into 3 AP from Lynch and Huggy both.  I think that the TT Bros in this pool can be swapped out, as they're especially great for scheme heavy pools.  Depleted and Illuminated are more than capable of holding down Stash markers, especially with support from Lynch and Huggy vaporizing things.  I also like Graves here to help deploy and cover any blindspots the Beckoners may have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yvarre said:

Round 1: I'd swap out the 2 Depleted for Mr. Graves instead.  He'll help get your crew in position for the squat markers sooner, and people have already noted the problems with Depleted and Distract.  I think if, after seeing your opponent's crew, you decide to go with Make Them Suffer, the Beckoner will be added insurance in making sure Lynch and Huggy have minions near them to kill, though Huggy is highly capable of going to them.  However, another Henchman also wouldn't hurt, as Huggy can go down quite easily when overextended, and I've missed my share of MTS points banking on Lynch and Huggy getting there and savvy opponents taking out Huggy and keeping minions away from Lynch.  The scheme pool here is just a bit rough for your crew, but Breakthrough seems like a decent choice revealed.

Round 2: Deliver a Message is very conditional on the master you will face, and you only get full points for it revealed, making it easier to avoid.  It will work if you're pretty sure they'll advance their master forward and you can be sure that you can have an engaged model with 2 AP, which can be dependent on surviving and winning initiative.  However, both Protect Territory and Bodyguard need models to survive to score points, and many people bring nasty, big beaters out for Turf War. Lynch, Huggy, and the Emissary are all good at killing, so prioritizing targets that will do the most damage to you may be good.

Round 3:  I'm a big fan of 2 Beckoners and Endless Darkness for Guard the stash.  As you can predict that they will have models by each stash marker, it's easy to deploy for broad spectrum coverage from Beckoners who each can bring in a model for Lynch and Huggy to kill a turn without making yourself vulnerable.  With 4 models dead by the end of turn 2, mop up can be trivial.  Having Rising Sun for Entourage is nice insurance, though.  Master dependent, a 2 Beckoner build can also make Assassinate pretty trivial, as they can draw your opponent's master into 3 AP from Lynch and Huggy both.  I think that the TT Bros in this pool can be swapped out, as they're especially great for scheme heavy pools.  Depleted and Illuminated are more than capable of holding down Stash markers, especially with support from Lynch and Huggy vaporizing things.  I also like Graves here to help deploy and cover any blindspots the Beckoners may have.

Thank you for this detailed outline! I'll go through all that ideas of yours

I recently was running Lynch as more of a support master who could walk up and finish a model off by casting into melee with this list:

Lynch, On Wings of Wind

Huggy Recalled Training

Ama Recalled Training

Yu Wandering River

Johan

3x10t bro

I always had a couple of aces and often the ram/mask for place, card and heal shenanigans with the Bros, two heavy hitters who don't care about terrain and love getting launched at people to execute and then a little party waiting to clean up as you keep the opponent on their heals as much as possible. I loved all the pushes too, I could have Huggy engaging Turn 1 if it was favorable.

Take what you will from that playstyle.

• Like 1