Misaki as an Outcast

jphealy

Hey guys,
I've been experimenting with Misaki as an outcasts master. 
I already have Viks for super murder machine so I'm thinking less as stalking bisento Misaki and more disguise Misaki.  What do you guys think of this list as a more mobile denial, scheme dropping crew.

50ss Crew

Misaki -- 5ss
+Disguise - 2ss
+Oathkeeper - 1ss
+Untouchable - 1ss

Student Of Conflict - 4ss

Freikorpsmann - 5ss

Freikorpsmann - 5ss

Hans - 8ss
+Oathkeeper - 1ss

Johan - 6ss

Torakage - 6ss

Yamaziko - 7ss
+Smoke & Shadows - 1ss

Smoke and Shadows seems a bit under utilized with only 1 Last Blossom minion.  I used to play "Disguised" Misaki a lot, but she's so much more effective with "Stalking Bisento".  She runs around killing things while the Freikorpsmann run schemes

This has been my "Go-To" Misaki list as of late.

Misaki: Cache 2
- Stalking Bisento
- Survivalist
- Tally Sheet
Shang
Hannah
- I Pay Better
- Tally Sheet/Oath Keeper
Hodgepodge Emissary
- Conflux of Thunder
Hodgepodge Effigy
Freikorps Librarian
Freikorpsmann
Freikorpsmann

My favorite tactic with this crew is using the Effigy's "Loyalty to the Coin" ability on Misaki, and then having her go around killing things, drawing cards, and discarding (with discretion) for soulstones.  It's a constant cycle of soulstones that let's her utilize her double :crow trigger for Assassinate, and has worked out well for me so far.  Along with Shang, the Librarian, and occasionally Hannah, she's much more survivable, pun intended due to having Survivalist as an upgrade.  I recommend giving that a try.  Good luck!

• Like 1

I noticed you brought the Student of Conflict along too.  It seems like you want to use Misaki (and her crew) for more of their offensive abilities.  But like I said before, using Disguised on her is a little counter intuitive to that strategy.  With the Emissary on the table, after killing an enemy model, you generate an additional general AP, which is pseudo "Fast" for her already.  I find that spending the first turn Stalking a target, and then spending as much as 3 (2 AP and 1 "0" action) attacks to kill it on the following turn, still leaves you with 2 AP to potentially charge another target.

If "Make Them Suffer" is on the board, or if Reckoning is the strategy, Misaki would have a field day with it.

Gotcha, my reasoning was two fold.  I haven't really thought of fielding the emissary since it doesn't have a model yet and two I had great success using a fast misaki to shoot in kill a minion next target 4" away and then walk further and put up dance.  Since she couldn't be charged I often had an opponent walk a model in to attack here and I would then push 2" further away leaving them with an isolated model I could then pounce on. 

I used to think the exact same thing.  Problem that I ran into was that once I charged something, I usually had to engage at least 1 or 2 other models.  And since she's the kind of model that likes being in combat, it's hard avoiding the opposition coming towards you.  The other thing about the Emissary that I like so much is that it gives your "junk cards" a decent use.  Being able to discard them for scheme markers helps with so many schemes.  Even if there weren't any Scheme Marker based schemes in the pool, I'd take the Emissary just about every time with Misaki just for the extra AP and the trinkets.  Plus LitS is always an option, which he can accomplish on his own in less than 2 activations.

54 minutes ago, Greedi said:

I know you guys are talking about Misaki as an Outcast but has anyone tried her in combination with "Mr.Graves" as a Thunder? His "Show Ya the Door" Action seems pretty potent.

Graves works, but Sensei Yu is better. Yu can dish out Stalked so Misaki doesn't need to, and he can push her up to 10" while giving her Fast. Basically making her have a seven AP turn.  

On Outcast Misaki. I have played her a couple of times with this crew: 

Outcasts
50ss Crew

Misaki -- 5ss
 +Stalking Bisento - 2ss
 +Survivalist - 1ss
 +Scout The Field  - 1ss

Shang - 3ss

Freikorps Librarian - 7ss

Freikorps Trapper - 6ss

Freikorps Trapper - 6ss

Hodgepodge Effigy - 4ss

Johan - 6ss

Strongarm Suit - 10ss
 +Scout The Field - 1ss

It got plenty of healing, some condition removal, plenty of mobility, shooting, and hitting power. One of the trappers can be switched for a Ronin if Armor might be a problem. Its a fun list!  

• Like 1