Starting Ressers - Nico/Seamus/Mcmourning

Primed

Attrition is a wonderful thing if your opponent likes to blow you away and you can keep up, e.g. Nico.

I haven't personally played against Sonnia, so my advice will likely be skewed, but I have a bit of experience against Rasputina, who has counterspell and shoots you from 24" away.

You are unlikely to outshoot a blast happy magic user, so you can take a general guild strategy of throwing chaffe at the master. Sonnia isn't too terrible in melee, so whatever you send her way will die to her, Sammael, etc. in relatively short order, but it buys you time to accomplish schemes. 

When I play Turf War, I choose schemes that are more scheme runner type than killy. Seamus becomes my go to man for getting them done, possibly with a crooligan/necropunk. The rest of my crew is dedicated to denial and ensuring I get Turf War every turn. Don't bunch up, and keep models alive. Seamus doesn't really stone for suits and you have the hat for damage and feast of fear for healing, so Sybelle gets to eat your SS for damage reduction, comply, and with a flourish as needed.

No model is worth keeping alive to the end of the game if you could more effectively/efficiently get VP otherwise. Yin at 1Wd but tying up 2 models and likely to activate to kill someone if you activate her now vs. healing and paralyzing with a Nurse? Get the kill unless you require Yin not to be dead.

Speaking of Yin, sheisn't a squishy model, but she's by no means hardy. She essentially has terrifying and mass of viscera as her defenses, but after that she's really not much defensively. She's excellent at being a big threat to 1-2 models that don't want to be in melee. As echoed, bring other models to her, let Yin work them over, then go ahead and move your crew in. 

Seamus is 100% ready to go turn 1, as Fetid has pointed out to me in other threads. He starts the game ready to kill, and his crew is usually in the back doing their own thing to support him, such as getting Turf War in this case.

yea, I think it was just a bad choice going into those strats and schemes with seamus. I'm hoping to get a few more games with him before i move onto someone else for a few games. I'm going to be playing the three masters mentioned in the top post. I was on tilt but im definately liking seamus

You'll have fun and welcome to playing everyone's favorite serial killer. 

He has some limitations, as his summoning mechanic compared to other resser masters isn't particularly good, and his once per turn limit on his gun forces you to plan ahead for what he does with his other two AP.

You'll be learning AP management very well with Seamus, and he's great for teaching you the basics while having some fun with 8 damage floating around between him and CCK.

I had a chance to play a game on vassal and took tara instead, i figured i would try her because...why not?

Deployment:

Standard

Strategy:

Headhunter

Schemes:

Convict labour

Neutalise the leader - me

Leave your mark

Covert breakthrough - me

Hunting Party - enemy

unknown second scheme for enemy

My Crew - 4 stone pool

Tara - Obliteration Symbiote, Dead of winter, Knowledge of eternity

Karina - Faces of Oblivion

Killjoy - Decaying Aura

Nurse

Death Marshall x2

Void Wretch x2

Enemy Crew - 4 stone pool

McMourning --
 +Moonlighting -
 +Plastic Surgery -

Zombie Chihuahua -

Carrion Emissary -
 +Carrion Conflux -

Guild Autopsy -

Nurse -

Rafkin -
 +Transfusion -

Rotten Belle -

Rotten Belle -

Sebastian -
 +Transfusion -
 +Those Are Not Ours!

Turn one:

I lost initiative and he went first, the chihuahua put poison with its aura on rafkin and mcmourning and trip to bite mcmourning again. Tara went and took three walks up the board to sit behind some cover and did her 0 for reactivate. A belle activated and lured tara up closer to her. Everything else just ran up the board on both sides. The key moment in this turn was Tara's reactivate. Mcmourning was really far up because of the push from plastic surgery, sitting right next to rafkin. I was able to move Tara around a bit of terrain and unbury Killjoy with a direct bead at both Mcmourning and rafkin. I put fast on killjoy and chain activated into him to charge at mcmourning. With all my attacks i was able to put Mcmourning into the dirt and score 3vp from neutralise the leader. I placed the head marker on the other side on killjoy, in an easy spot for tara to grab it.

Turn two:

I won initiative this turn and knew that I had to hit him hard again so i activated Tara and used her 0 for reactivate. I used pull the void to give killjoy fast then relent on the glimpse trigger to bury him again. I used my next ap to unbury him and then use her fast pulse to give my death marshall, karina and his sebastian fast. I then chain activated into killjoy and charged rafkin. I wasa bit unlucky and had to use one of my non charge ap to kill him leaving me with one AP left, I tried to hook the carrion emmisary to no avail. a belle activated and lured tara again out of cover and into charge range of sebastian. I countered by moving my death marshall up into melee and attempting to pine box him. He used him second belle to move the death marshall out of the way of sebastian. I had a feeling that it could end badly if i let him get the charge off so moved the nurse up and managed to give sebastian the +2 MI damage effect effectively taking him out of the turn. Karina killed a mindless zombie (emmisary laid down shards the turn before, forgot to mention). one void wretch was able to get near his deployment and drop a scheme marker for breakthrough. Tara then activated again and buried killjoy again  then moved to a head marker and picked it up. the emmisary charged the lured marshall and killed him, dropping me another scheme marker with finish the job and him scoring 2vp for hunting party.

Turn three:

I was able to win iniative this turn after stoning for it and more cards. Tara went first and unburied killjoy, gave him fast and tried to shoot sebastian, missing. Killjoy charged sebastian and was able to put him into the dirt with his charge attacks. He tried to wail on a belle that was nearby but could not hit her silly low defense. the emmisary charged into Tara but was unable to hit her at all. i moved my last death marshall up and picked up another head marker and end up within a walk of his +6inch line so i could drop another marker next turn, scoring me max VP on breakthrough. His nurse moved up and paralysed Tara so she couldnt do anything with her reactivate.

Turn four:

I won iniative again this turn, Tara went first and did her 0 for reactivate. she pulled the void on killjoy for fast and he relented to get buried. she unburied him in base to base with her and the emmisary. He killed it in one AP with the trigger for the free attack. The game was called her because there was no way he would be able to stop me from getting breakthrough because killjoy had another charge available which would move him over to cover the only available scheme marker of mine that could be removed, probably killing the nurse sitting close to it. Tara would be able to pick up another head marker too, scoring me max on the strategy too.

Game ended 10-2 to Tara.

Things I would change:

The void wretches didnt do much for me, if i'm playing in ressers maybe a necopunks/crooligans could of been better. Also unimpressed by karina. dropping all three could get me two crooligans and a rotten belle. That gives me way more utility and will allow me my own lure if someone is playing a bit more defensive for the beast bomb