January 11th - Arcane Emissary

Lucidicide

9 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Actually, I'm pretty pleased with all the sculpts on the Emissaries - little changes here and there in order to accommodate a pose or basing but there are some bangup pieces in there in my, obviously stilted, opinion. 

I can't wait to see how the artwork for all of them transform into actual renders. I really want to see the Carrion Emissary--I don't play Ressers, but I love the art for it!

25 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Actually, I'm pretty pleased with all the sculpts on the Emissaries - little changes here and there in order to accommodate a pose or basing but there are some bangup pieces in there in my, obviously stilted, opinion. 

We want to see more! Pics or didn't happen.

• Like 3

This mini is really promising !

I find it a bit "smooth" (I don't know how to express it better) but this is likely to disappear after painting.

I have a question though: How do we transport this miniature? Although I think the blades in the back add nicely to the dynamic of the whole miniature, they are so far out of the miniature base that it will be difficult to put inside foams without losing a lot of space.

So if my measurements are correct, the Arcane Emissary should be roughly 65mm tall to the top of its smokestacks! He's a big boy. The render turned out great, so I'm excited to see the other Emissaries as they come out, especially Hodgepodge and Mysterious.  The old man part of the Hodgepodge Emissary will be painted green, like Shrek.

5 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Wait, you like the things made by your company?  This is insanity :wacko:

5 hours ago, zeeblee said:

I think Wyrd is playing favorites :P

Yeah, darn Nythera and now magic-cows.  When will it all end?

1 hour ago, moxypoo said:

The old man part of the Hodgepodge Emissary will be painted green, like Shrek.

I.. what?  I don't even know what to say to that.  Why are you doing this?

Also, as for the Arcane-Cow.  It's pretty cool.  You could totally use that in 40k :P, not that anyone would really want to, but hey. 

It definitely looks nice, I didn't realize from the art in the book that it had those ridiculous giant scything talons.  That thing looks like it could mince a Peacekeeper with no problem (Maybe not too easily in game :P).  That said, I'd love to paint one of those things all astral looking, like so

Although there is one thing I am dreading:  Have you seen those awesome little clock-work wind-up gears on it's mechanical arms?  Either those are going to come out very fidgety and hard to put on, or very depressing, without the fine holes to show them as little cranks like the little pins on the left leg of the Flesh Construct.  Maybe it'll be possible to poke a fine hole with a small pin or something though, so it won't be too much of a tragedy.

You guys are making it very difficult for me to make snide remarks as of late. This is top-notch. I kind of just sat here gazing at the model for little while, "lost in its eyes", as it were. Can't wait to throw some paint at this.  :D

I'm really hoping for a generous size - and judging from the fiddy-render it looks just fine. Can't wait to see the rest of them.

Not to be too positive, or anything - there's no way I can use this as my Bull in my CD Blood Bowl Team because its too steam-punky... so there. ;)

Now show us the rest! B)

That model is gorgeous!  Very nice mix of beast and machine.  Hopefully it comes out soon :)  Going to agree with Tawg, the long blades are much longer than I expected and I'm hoping they'll be easily posable to be a bit more inwards on the model (looks like it's already going to take a fair bit of horizontal space in the pluck foam).

I like it for the most part. OK, that's a bit of an understatement, it is a great mini, for sure.

What is going on with the rough texture on the arms? Are they arcane flames or is it blistering? I'm hoping for the latter as I'm not a big fan of flames and magic effects.

Those scythes are maybe a bit too big. And I'm not sure why the shoulder plates look so banged up.

But those are minor. The big thing that I don't like are the horns. Not liking the look at all! Still, those can be taken care of in various ways so it's not a huge problem but really not a fan of the design. Looks like something GW would do.

But yeah, certainly not a bad mini.

• Like 1