Spelljammer meets Treasure Planet.  Interesting thoughts, but I would have to say this would be an item that wouldn't be bought by players, but brought in by an outside agent shrouded deep in mystery far beyond the Badlands.  As it is a story point, where there is crew to handle the ship's rigging, sails and navigation, the players are free to experience the exotic pleasure of a sailing ship that cuts through clouds.  It shouldn't be something they own, but is provided for them... in exchange for their services (nothing is free).  It also allows them to go to strange and dangerous places... at whatever speed the story needs them to go at.  Mostly it is a place to rest up and have the characters interact with each other so that the story progresses.  Too much time spent on location mechanics (and mostly that is all a Ship of the Air is, just another location that can move) is the way to Madness.  Sure, you can use similar things to give hints at its construction (a soulstone larger than all the soulstones you have ever seen combined!), but things like this should be out of the bounds of rules.

And this is when you realize the thread you are reading ceased discussion half a year ago...

we know zipp has one, we also know Winston has several of the more mundane variety, so finding some reason to borrow/be employed by one shouldn't be too hard. Loving the theory going into this so much:)

personally I'd go the James and the giant peach route, rope a whole bunch of wind gamin in to lift the the thing. Or even use the into the steam golem/gamin creation tools and make wind golems for even bigger boosts. That would fit with an M&SU powered ship.

jus watch out for gremlin fighters coming out of the sun, as we know they exist!

1 hour ago, TemplaroftheMS&U said:

Your right I stopped writing about this six months ago.
To my shame.

I need to pick it back up. I will be posting some new ideas on it before much longer.

You don't need to be ashamed for long periods of absence dude, real life gets in the way

At least that's what I keep telling myself :P

• Like 1