Death Marshal - 6ss

Johan - 6ss
 +Oathkeeper - 1ss

Ronin - 6ss

Scion Of The Void - 8ss
 +Oathkeeper - 1ss

Sue - 8ss

Void Wretch - 4ss

His crew was : Lucius (Legalese, On Wings of Darkness, Secret Assets), The Scribe, 3x Changeling, Doppleganger (The Mimic's Blessing), 2x Illuminated, Mr Tannen (Nexus of Power).

The game ended 10 - 2 in favor of Tara.

I think this game is a good example of why Lucius is a tough master to get to work correctly, because if your trying to attack with Lucius, you end up spending his AP and cards to give minions attacks. Sure it sounds neat, but I would rather have a master that can hit hard (Collodi) or have good utility (Lilith) use their own AP to do unique things only masters typically do instead of having a minion use it to do the "typically" weaker minion things and waste cards in the process. I mean, would you rather attack with collodi directly (which can be scary) using a 10 to hit or spend that 10 to give an illuminated an attack and make it more likely that he will flip a lower card for the attack which needed cheated as well? As he stands now, Lucius needs to either use that extra AP for mass interactions (no cards needed with extra given AP) or some damn good/scary minions (something like the new Jorogumo). Ok end Lucius rant....

While my opponent typically had strong hands, he just burnt through resources like crazy to get his crew to really work. He was also plagued with a couple of problems of positioning, being to aggressive (and thus not scoring), and well I'm not sure what Mr Tannen (other then not dying as I kept hitting black joker on damage flips against him) was really doing in the list. I mostly used my longer melee ranges to tie up squat markers while flipping them early with the likes of Tara and the speeder models in the crew. I will say changlings replicating my relic hammer over and over was quite annoying/effective though.

Tara - She started this game with poping out Johan to position him to kill an injured illuminated on turn 1 and to prevent the flipping of 2 of the squat markers with his 3" melee. Otherwise she use her extra AP from reactivate to flip markers quickly, pop out summoned models that buried, and tie things up that could flip a marker. The end of the game she spent chasing Lucius to try and prevent him scoring schemes.

Karina - She did great this game summoning on both turns 1 and 2. Turn 1 I double walked her and used the red joker to summon a student of viscera (probably should've gone student of steel though) on top of a claim marker and flurried on an illuminated. Turn 2, she summoned a drowned that denied a squat marker. The summoned models did a good job of just denying the strategy and absorbing attacks.

Death Marshal - Buried Johan turn one and moved forward. I positioned her to help score one of my schemes and ended up charging the scion in the back to pine box him (so he could teleport to the void wretch to help score my schemes). The last turn she just tied up Mr Tannen to make sure he didn't try and flip a marker on me.

Johan - Killed an illuminated and then provided a relic hammer to my opponents changlings who killed him with it. He did hold down a couple markers though and forced the opponent to attack him before trying to claim them for the strategy.

Ronin -Absorbed/dodged a lot of illuminated shots (from Lucius obeys and changling copying the attack) and managed to live till turn 4 despite being on 1 wound. Lucius ended up killing her when she tried to tie him up late in the game.

Scion Of The Void - Moved up and flipped a marker for turns 1/2. On turn 3 he burned oathkeeper to rock the doppleganger that moved up to the squat marker on turn 2. I hit her for 7 damage severe followed by another attack to finish her off while drawing me a couple of cards. After this he was pine box buried so I could pop him out next to void wretch in backfield to score schemes.

Sue - The king of black jokering shots against Mr Tannen this game. He did his job though of drawing me cards and positioning himself to help threaten anything moving towards unflipped markers (not that it matter as he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn this game).

Void Wretch - It just sneaked up a flank rounds 1-2 and then went to work on scoring my schemes. I also teleported the Scion to it late game to help with scoring all my VP.

Overall a fun game and it was interesting to see changlings in play for once. I think they do have potential because despite being only at a 4 attack, its hard to dodge all of the attacks and it hurts when they are doing min damage 3. This was my opponents first Lucius game so I know he wasn't playing the master to his full potential and I think his list needed some tweaks (more speed and maybe a big hitter).

Leveticus vs. Marcus
Headhunter with Standard deployment

Convict Labor, Show of Force, Take Prisoner, Public Demonstration, A Quick Murder

My Crew

• Leveticus -- 3ss; +Pariah Of Iron - 1ss; +Desolate Soul - 2ss
  • Hollow Waif x 2 - 0ss
  • Coryphee - 7ss
  • Hans - 8ss; +Scout The Field - 1ss
  • Hunter - 7ss
  • Necropunk - 5ss
  • Peacekeeper - 11ss;  +Oathkeeper - 1ss
  • Stitched Together - 6ss

Opponent’s Crew

• Marcus -- 7ss; +Feral Instincts - 1ss; +The Trail Of The Gods - 1ss
  • Jackalope - 2ss
  • Canine Remains - 4ss
  • Cojo - 8ss; +Imbued Protection - 2ss
  • Myranda - 8ss; +Imbued Protection - 2ss; +Imbued Energies - 1ss
  • Sabertooth Cerberus - 9ss; +Imbued Energies - 1ss
  • Slate Ridge Mauler - 8ss

Game Comments: This game certainly felt a lot more one-sided than the score indicates. Sure I could blame this game on my opponent ridiculous luck, but that doesn’t help me improve as a player so let’s look at what I could’ve done differently.

First Problem, the scheme pool was strange and tried to be a bit “cute” with my crew list which didn’t do me any favors. The most glaring problem being Hans who I took to help deny A Show of Force by sniping off upgrades, but he always ended up having a couple of models that could score with redundant upgrades. In retrospect though, It could’ve worked had I remembered that I was denying one model with my peacekeeper (completely forgot for the 3 turns the peacekeeper lasted). I would’ve denied him a couple rounds hand I changed Hans into something like a librarian with oathkeeper and I would’ve had a more useful model. Hans was also an easy take prisoner target for the opponent to leave alive while engaging…..So be mindful of taking a sniper with take prisoner in the pool.

Second issue was my scheme choice mistakes that I made. I shouldn’t have taken Convict Labor, but instead went with Show of Force with another though upgraded model. My opponent had a relatively low model count so I thought I could get away with it, but it is too damn easy to deny those points for at least 1 turn. My second mistake was picking the canine remains for take prisoner, which isn’t a terrible idea normally as it’s a model I’m ok with keeping alive. The problem was, he was using it as a meat shield for Marcus and his trigger to throw damage, which basically meant I couldn’t attack Marcus for fear of him killing the remains and me losing all 3 VP. I’m starting to wonder, if the scheme pool is really bad maybe I should just focus on getting 2VP from each scheme and playing heavy denial.

Third Lesson, this is of course in game mistakes. I think the first one was forgetting about Oathkeeper at a critical turn were I had a really strong hand. I flurried with the thing, hitting 3 times, and doing 5-6 damage a hit. Marcus kept having books to throw the damage, but that extra attack would’ve screwed up his math as he threw the damage so nothing actually died. Also had I realized the Peacekeeper was denying at least 1 model Show of Force, I could’ve sniped off the upgrade from Cojo to prevent him from scoring at least 1 round. The other play mistakes was underestimating that Cerberus alpha strike (going fast, leaping, charging, hitting books on attack for more attacks). I had positioned in range of a leaping charge and worse left another model close to him. The Cerberus ended up pulling off 6 attacks due to that stupid multi-attack trigger and killed both levi (burying him) and my stiched together. I think the other mistake was just misusing the coryphee again which didn’t perform up to its point value.

So the models in review....Performance ranges 1 to 5 with 1 being terrible, 3 being average (did what I wanted him to do), 5 being ball busting to opponent.

Leveticus/Waifs (Performance 2/5) - I played poorly with Levi in this game and it shows. Not only did he die/bury top of turn 2, but he also permanently buried by turn 5 as my opponent kept attacking waifs and levi directly. As I stated before, the main misposition of him was bottom of turn 1. If you see something that has an incredible threat range, its best to keep Levi back and lose an AP walking instead of getting him killed. Otherwise Levi, spent all his time taking/weaking his big models like the mauler and cojo.

Coryphee (Performance 2/5) - I spent 7 points to do a job better done by a 5 point necropunk. The problem is I needed something else fast enough to do Convict Labor and then the opponent moved his remains up to the Coryphee which then had to "pretend" to get away to place another scheme marker in order to sell take prisoner. I needed this model to help the big scrim in the fight in the middle though, not skirting the edge of the board.

Hans (Performance 1/5) - He gave my opponent an easy take prisoner target, most of his shot damage was just healed off by Myranda, and didn't snipe off a single upgrade. I really failed to use this model to good effect in most turns except 1 (in which he picked up a head marker). I did catch my opponent by surprise when I shot into combat and didn't randomize though, as I was able to finish off a Cojo that levi got to 1 wound (and my opponent thought was safe).

Hunter (Performance 2/5) - I typically don't have great luck with hunters and so I don't expect as much out of them. This one was no exception and pretty much just picked up a head marker, took a couple shots, and was pummeled by an enraged Marcus.

Necropunk (Performance 4/5) - Finally a model that did its job. Without this model, the score wouldn't have been nearly so close because it was able to jump in and snatch an early head and then start planting those scheme markers all over the centerline. The model also ended up helping bait over the canine remains in the end, to score 2 VP from Take Prisoner (stupid Jackalope stole that last one from me).

Peacekeeper (Performance 4/5) - Despite being neutered one round (yay, Law of Meat) and forgetting about oathkeeper all game (I blame that I usually play it with guild which doesn't have nice upgrades to put on it), this model actually did a lot of work for me. First off it took a beating and kept going taking attacks from Marcus, Cojo, and the Mauler (funny though the latter two missed most their attacks as all my high cards were flipped by this thing while defending). Second it did most the killing as it flurry killed the leaping Cerberus, then before it was scrapped it did get one monstrous flurry (I actually had a good hand), unfortunately Marcus just threw the damage everywhere so nothing died (had I targeted something else I would've lost an attack most likely, so I targeted him since nothing little was around and he would have to throw the damage to something big).

Stitched Together (Performance 1/5) - Died before it did anything due to the rampaging cerberus on turn 2 that only flipped books....Took 3 attacks off of 1 AP.

Final Score 9 - 7 in favor of Marcus
My S&S: Headhunter 3, Convict Labor 2, Take Prisoner 2
His S&S: Headhunter 3, Show of Force 3, Take Prisoner 3

Tara vs Pandora

Turf War with Corner Deployment
Convict Labor, Show of Force, Exhaust Their Forces, Public Demonstration, Mark For Death

My Crew
Tara (Dead of Winter 1ss, Obliteration Symbiote 2ss) - 4ss cache
Karina (The Faces of Oblivion) - 5ss
Big Jake (Oathkeeper 1ss) - 5ss
Hannah (Ancient Tomes 2ss) - 10ss
Johan (Oathkeeper 1ss) - 6ss
Scion of The Void (Oathkeeper 1ss) - 8ss
2x Void Wretch - 4ss each

His Crew
Pandora (Aether Connection 1ss, Fugue State 2ss, The Box Opens 2ss) - 6ss cache
Primordial Magic - 2ss
Doppleganger - 7ss
2x Insidious Madness - 5ss each
Lilitu - 7ss
2x The Illuminated - 7ss each

Game Comments: I think sort of list is why you should experiment with different models together because of the not always apparent synergies you can find within the crew. This crew ended up having several cool mix and matches that I hadn't really thought about previously, such as Hannah with Scion, and it works quite well. This game was a lot of fun to play discovering all these combinations, but I admit I misplayed like crazy (forgetting to tag my targets with the weaker models) because I was discovering new things and forgetting about other things.

The game plan for the list though was to yank things out of the turf area, by using Hannah's Ancient Tomb upgrade. Then having Tara pop the enemy (that has already activated mind you) out in the middle of my crew to be marked and beat down. This works all good and well if you have the cards to do it and your opponent does not, but as it turns out he had a strong hand and The Illuminated I grabbed just happen to be one of the public demonstration models. This is also were I neglected to tag the target with a void wretch and only remember with Johan's activation. Of course fearing killing it without tagging I ended up using one of his AP to do so and then missing the attack. That same round he launched his two madness into the middle of my crew as well (which I was unable to kill...sigh) and Pandora creeped up on my position. Thankfully a late activating Karina and terrain was able to cut off Pandora's LOS to most of my crew. Of course, he revealed Public Demonstration and pulled it off for all 3 points (a risky move, but successful). The next turn I finally cleaned up my play and started swing the game back my way by having Hannah focus punch to kill an Illuminated and a Madness in one hit (both marked) and since killing marked targets isn't limited for each turn I ended up scoring all 3 points that round (killing the 2nd madness later). In the end the game came down to his misplaying of Pandora (I think he needs to be more aggressive with Neverborn) which allowed me to deny his exhaust points by killing my own models.

Model Performance
Tara (3/5) - She didn't do anything spectacular, but I needed her to unbury the targets hit by ancient words. Also the Dead of Winter's -2 WP also made Pandora quite hitable along with Void Wretch to actually be offensive as well. Another fun trick, is unburying Hannah buried target and then doing your Fast Pulse, giving the whole crew fast and only giving it to a single enemy model that has already activated (which buffs void attacks and can be eaten by Scion on a trigger which gives him the AP).

Karina (3/5) - She didn't get much summoning this game, but she helped with both activation control of the game and she ended up being a key piece in simply blocking LOS on turn 3 which saved my crew from Pandora inciting everything for crazy damage since Pandora had to then move or attack Karina (since she has a terrible melee that Pandy didn't want to copy, she ended up having to move around)

Big Jake (3/5) - He found a nice little nook in the Turf Zone and sat there most of the game scoring both it and helping score A Show of Force. As an added bonus, he did help card cycle with his (0) ability which can make Karina summoning more reliable. Just don't make the mistake I made of setting up cards and then attacking an Illuminated forgetting you have to pass a terror check first (waste of a 12).

Hannah (4/5) - The extra card is always nice, but she gets way better when I realized she can replicate the scion's punch with her (0) action. Its almost like giving her an extra AP since she can then walk, focus, replicate and punch for ideally 4 or 7 damage. This helped the killing with the extra attacks, but she was a clutch model on turn 3 as my whole crew was grouped up with a could madness around me and Pandora ready to start inciting. Thanks to Karina though I was safe for 1 activation (he had to either lure Karina out of the way or activate Pandora with Karina in the way) and best of all, Hannah was his Mood Swing target so he couldn't screw with my activation order. So Hannah just focused and punched the Illuminated killing it and one of the Madness (netting 2 VP) and getting that stupid discard to cheat WP aura out of the way. Later Hannah would end up dying to my own attacks to prevent his scoring exhaust VP.

Johan (2/5) - Ended up just missing alot of his attacks and just threatening to do damage. He also was backup to Turf War/Show of Force scoring, but it was never needed. He is a great model, just didn't end up doing much this game as I goofed on not marking with void wretches and having to waste his AP doing that.

Scion of The Void (4/5) - Solid choice with his focused punches and even more so allowing Hannah to do them. This of course gets better if you can bury him and make the void wretches standing next to Tara start hitting with a 1/4/7 damage track at CA 6 vs a WP at -2. Last but not least, more card cycling even if you do only hit for 1 damage.

Void Wretchs (4/5) - These things can do work when the opponent is at -2 WP and even more so with scion punches (and they can then heal him as well). They are also your scheme runners as well if needed. These things performed better then expected with the additional crew synergies.

Wow, I love this crew combination. I misplayed like crazy, but it was fun to see all the synergies really coming together for Tara. I shall be giving this crew more testing in next few games to get it really humming. As for the game, the game was good fun and I think Pandora could've easily tied the game had he been more aggressive with her and on round 3 instead of charging in attacking, just tied everything up and exhausted my entire crew then held them there as long as possible. This would've given him those last 2 points as I would've been hard pressed to prevent them then.

Final Score 10 - 8 in favor of Tara
My S&S: Turfwar 4, Mark For Death 3, Show of Force 3
His S&S: Turfwar 4, Exhaust Their Forces 1, Public Demonstration 3

I've used the scion a far bit in different circumstances. I will always take him with something like undercover entourage as it is very easy to score 3VP with him unless the opponent is tabling you. As far as his melee attack goes, I always focus then use it to try and do more then 1 damage plus it saves on the amount of damage he takes. The card draw is by far the most common trigger I use with him, but now that I can yank a enemy forward with Hannah/Tara I may use the mask (steal fast) one more often. If you really want to drain resources and try to kill/remove from play a master you can also use the crow trigger (puts condition on target, take 4 damage when buried) before having Tara spam her attack with the bury trigger.

The scion's range attack is good when you need to just deal 2-3 damage and not worry about focusing (assuming the model is already hurt). The blink is nice to get through walls and such (often used with a void wretch), but its common to blink to a model, focus, and punch. I also like to use the scion as a body blocker to other models since I can easily just bury him if anyone attacks him (be wary of blasts/pulses though) which is often where I like him to be so my void wretches and Karina can have a good close attack if I need it. As you mentioned, I try to always take a void wretch with him since he will be buried a lot of the game and they can heal him up when he gets low on health. They are often also the model that pops him back out because they can more easily get into ideal positions. Also he can be use as a sorta "Beast Bomb" put instead of needed Tara for it, you can use any of your non-peon models.

Tara vs TT Lynch

Interference with Standard Deployment
Convict Labor, Exhaust Their Forces, Leave Your Mark, Undercover Entourage, Investigation

My Crew
Tara (Dead of Winter 1ss, Obliteration Symbiote 2ss) - 4ss cache
Karina (The Faces of Oblivion) - 5ss
Big Jake - 5ss
Hannah (Ancient Tomes 2ss) - 10ss
Johan - 6ss
Void Wretch - 4ss
F. Trapper - 6ss

His Crew
Jakob Lynch (On Wing of Wind 2ss, The Rising Sun 2ss, Woke Up With a Hand 2ss) ) - 7ss cache
Hungering Darkness (Broken Promises 2ss, Smoke Grenades 1ss) - 0ss
2x Katakana Sniper - 7ss each
3x The Illuminated - 7ss each

My Schemes: Leave Your Mark, Undercover Entourage (Scion)
His Schemes: Convict Labor, Inspection

Game Comments: This is a good example of what happens when you take generalist models vs taking specialized models for your crew. The Jakob list took to many generalist models in a pool where he needed a couple of quick scheming models. The short story though, is he didn't spread out enough to score his interference points and his models weren't fast enough to get to the line and start dropping markers and holding the corners.

Model Performance
Tara (4/5) - She did was Tara does best which is re-position models via unburying and spam attacks. Top of the game, Hannah was shot by a sniper and Red Joker damaged (I flipped my black on defense) to put her to 3 wounds (after prevention and armor) and this is were I showed the versatility of Tara by immediately going next with her, attacking Hannah, and having Hannah fail the Glimpse trigger to bury her. This was followed by my Void Wretch healing her for 5 and then Tara poping her out in melee range of the sniper. Tara spent the rest of the game carefully positioning herself to avoid charges and sniper attacks, poping out the buried summoned models (which was key in scoring Leave Your Mark), and then spamming her attacks when available.

Karina (4/5) - After some thinking I decided to run Karina as a flanker who summons to kill anything trying to come around the flank. This worked pretty well and she was able to summon consistently this game (1st turn Crooligan, 3rd turn Drowned) while moving up the flank. I was able to take advantage of my opponents poor positioning on turn 2 to run her up and deny him scoring a corner of the board (he only left 1 sniper in that corner). The turn 1 Crooligan was clutch in scoring Leave Your Mark as Tara was able to drop him off at the end of turn 2 so he could place a marker to score. He also scored my turn 4 points (didn't score turn 3) as well once the illuminated that charged him died to Tara. The summoned Drowned ended up tying up the 2nd sniper turn 3, then once it buried Tara poped it out to go annoy Huggy on turn 5 which prevented him from doing anything (think he remained buried through turn 4 as I didn't have the crow to unbury him). 

Big Jake (2/5) - He did his job of counting for 2 models, but it turns out it wasn't all that needed. The first two rounds his used his (0) to look at my top 2 cards, then did nothing the rest of the game but hid in a corner for the strategy. I think he may have been better as a void wretch that could sit back and heal every turn.

Hannah (3/5) - Despite taking a hard hit right off the top, she lived a couple more turns and engaged the sniper at end of turn 1 (though she missed it) to allow my other models more freedom of movement. I tried to bury Huggy on turn 2 with her upgrade, but failed (though it did pull out a 13 out of his hand). Other then absorbing attacks, the other things of note she did was mimic the Scion attack to pop Huggy with is CA attack for 7 damage (burying him). But it was Rising Sun Huggy and he ended up just coming out next round when Hannah died to Lynch.

Johan (2/5) - He killed an illuminated on turn 4 and died to Jakob turn 5. Otherwise, he just helped score VP on strategy (he was to slow to get into combat which mostly took place on opponents half of the board).

Scion of The Void (4/5) - This guy was everywhere on the board (and off) this game. While he didn't kill anything himself, he did hit a couple things for 4 damage and drew me a bunch of cards. He also gave his attack to both Hannah (her 0 copy) to kill Huggy and to a Crooligan to hurt an illuminated. My Void Wretch helped keep him healed after taking damage from sharing abilities and then at the end of the game he poped out to score my 3VP.

Void Wretchs (3/5) - The void wretch wasn't able to get up the board as quickly as anticipated for Leave Your Mark because of all the healing it ended up needing to do during the game. As it turns out, it didn't even end up dropping any markers this game.

Final Score 10 - 0 in favor of Tara
My S&S: Interference 4, Leave Your Mark 3, Undercover Entourage (Scion) 3
His S&S: Interference 0, Convict Labor 0, Inspection 0

Jack Daw vs Lilith

Headhunter with Standard Deployment
Convict Labor, Take Prisoner, Exhaust Their Forces, Set Up, A Quick Murder

My Crew
Jack Daw (Twist and Turn 2ss, Writhing Torment 2ss, All Curses) - 7ss cache
Lady Ligeia - 4ss
Big Jake - 5ss
Jaakuna Ubume - 6ss
Johan - 6ss
Nurse - 5ss
Strongarm Suit - 10ss
The Guilty - 5ss

His Crew
Lilith (Beckon Malifaux 1ss, Living Blade 2ss, Wicked Mistress 1ss) - 4ss cache
Primordial Magic - 2ss
Barbaros (Fears Given Form) - 10ss
2x Waldgeist - 6ss each

My Schemes: Take Prisoner (Waldgeist), Exhaust Their Forces
His Schemes: Exhaust Their Forces, Set Up (Big Jake)

Game Comments: So this game ended up having 2 different scores because we were practicing for a tournament and playing with the timer. I highly recommend playing on a timer as it makes the game way more intense and more fun in my experience. So I'll give the two different recaps based on timed or not.

Turn1 Highlights (Lilith initiative): Since the game was headhunter and I took schemes that didn't require board control, I let Lilith advance and take control of the board while I stuck to my setup corner behind a bunch of trees. I did make the one mistake of moving Lady Ligeia too far forward with a terrible cheat hand and so Lilith tangled shadows her and an Illuminated then killed her. I also made both Johan and the Suit tormented (copying the Guilty's ability with Jack).

Turn2 Highlights (Lilith initiative): Lilith made the mistake of tangling shadows my guilty forward and placing an illuminated just outside my crew. Daw killed the illuminated and my crew picked up the head marker to put me up 1 point. My guilty was killed that round and he placed a headmarker for another illuminated to pick it up, instead of letting that happen I pushed my suit 3" (daw upgrade) and charged the illuminated, making sure to place the suit on top of the headmarker.

Turn3 Highlights (Daw initiative): I couldn't let Lilith pick apart my crew so I took to the offense with Daw. I attacked an Illuminated at range and then used the ghost of malifaux trigger to place Daw engaging it, Lilith, and Barbaros. I then attacked Barbaros and put the firing squad curse on him (attack actions deal damage). Lilith tried to tangle shadows the suit away but failed 3 times! I was lucky that he forgot to stone one of the attempts and didn't have a high enough mask to cheat over my flip, then he black jokered a flip, and the 3rd attempt I had a 13 in hand that I saved to avoid it. Barbaros exhausted Daw and the Suit exhausted the Illuminated (he was slow and illuminated hadn't gone at that point). The rest of my crew just moved forward (Jaakuna heading towards my prisoner target and nurse towards Daw/Lilith to heal/paralyze something).

Turn4 Highlights (Timed - Daw initiative): And this round is why timed games change the experience. My initial plan was to curse everything up with Daw with my first activation, but that changed when I red joker damaged the illuminated putting it to 1 wound left. I decided to finish it off and quickly pick up the head (next activation) to score on the strategy. My last AP was used to throw the guillotine curse (discard 2 or die) on a nearby waldergeist and then I (0) obeyed a model to stand on the head marker (I misplayed and should've moved the suit close enough to take prisoner, but I didn't realize how close to time we where). Lilith then revealed her 2nd scheme when she dropped a scheme marker, tangled Big Jake to her, and then rooted him in place. He did make 1 major mistake though, when he through up his wall markers with Lilith he placed them in front of my models instead of under his Waldergeist (which would've given him 4" reach on Ml and placed my two models poised to pick up the head in combat). My second activation was to pick up the head marker. Barbaros then moved away (I ghosted Jack back a little bit on the killing blow) and placed a 2nd marker down near the primordial magic (counts as scheme marker) while making sure I didn't kill Jake on his Fears given form check. Then came the last activation (5 min mark) and I choose Jaakuma to go. She was able to move and lure Big Jake away from both the primordial and then 2nd scheme marker denying 2VP.

Timed Score 3 - 2 in favor of Daw
My S&S: Headhunter 2, Exhaust Their Forces 1, Take Prisoner 0
His S&S: Headhunter 0, Exhaust Their Forces 1, Set Up 1

The Finished Game: We ended up playing out the rest of the turn and that is when the score started to break apart. I ended up denying Set Up by killing Big Jake off (used his 0 action to kill himself) to deny his points turn 4 (and would've done so again on turn 5). I was able to setup for full points on take prisoner, and both of us got our 2nd exhaust point. We decided to call it there as the most he could get would be 4 points and I would've gotten at least 2VP on Take Prisoner (putting me at 7VP at worst).

Finished Score 7 - 2 in favor of Daw
My S&S: Headhunter 2, Exhaust Their Forces 2, Take Prisoner 3
His S&S: Headhunter 0, Exhaust Their Forces 2, Set Up 0

Model Performance
Jack Daw (4/5) - Daw saved this game for me as he killed both the models that I ended up scoring stategy points on and launching into the middle of the board prevented the opponent from just leisurely killing my models by tangling them one by one (and most my crew had crappy WP). I wasn't to worried throwing him there as he had 5ss for prevention flips to stay alive (and opponent would have to focus then attack if he wanted to hit).

Lady Leigeia (1/5) - Terrible misplay moving her forward so soon. She was there to keep my options open for A Quick Murder by setting up the kill if needed.

Big Jake (3/5) - His ability to kill himself prevent 3VP on the full game which is amazing (and a bad pick for opponent to choose). He was there to be a don't mind me option, but it ended up not being needed.

Jaakuna Ubume (4/5) - She was clutch in both version of the game and prevented 2VP in the timed game and 3VP in full game (I say 3 because the lure caused 3 damage from moving a rooted target and got Jake low enough in health to kill himself). She was also the backup model to make sure I would get take prisoner.

Johan (2/5) - He didn't end up doing much this game, but turn 4 he was in position for the nurse to buff his damage so he could flurry on a waldergeist for min damage 5.

Nurse (2/5) - She didn't do much other then pick up a head marker.

Strongarm Suit (4/5) - He saved the timed game from being a tie by locking down the headmarker given from the guilty. He also tied up models and kept exhausting things to score those VP (not the best model to do it, but he was in position and kept getting slowed).

The Guilty (2/5) - Other then doing the trick to make 2 models tormented with him, he didn't end up doing much other then dying.

I would, depending on how you formatted it. Everyone obviously is going to have a different preference, but I tend to find that battle reports in particular really love and die by how they are presented. At least for me one of the more interesting things in podcasting is hearing the players all talk together about likes, dislikes, agreements, disagreements, etc. I think if it was just you talking with no one else to bounce off of the format would just be too dry. Not that you aren't entertaining but it's just a difficult medium to do well solo.

The Viks vs Lady J

Turf War with Corner Deployment
Convict Labor, Hunting Party, Show of Force, Public Demonstration, Mark For Death

My Crew
Viktoria Of Ashes (Oathkeeper 1ss, Sisters In Fury 2ss, Survivalist 1ss) - 7ss cache
Viktoria Of Blood (Oathkeeper 1ss, Mark of Shez'uul 2ss)
Malifaux Child - 2ss
F. Librarian (Scout The Field 1ss) - 7ss
Johan (Oathkeeper 1ss) - 6ss
Lazarus (Scout The Field 1ss) - 10ss
Vanessa (Howling Wolf Tatoo 1ss) - 8ss

His Crew
Lady J (Last Stand 1ss, Vendetta 2ss) - 6ss
Scales Of Justice - 3ss
3x Death Marshal - 6ss each
The Judge - 9ss
3x Witchling Stalker 5ss each

My Schemes: Hunting Party, Show of Force
His Schemes: Hunting Party, Public Demonstration (3x death marshals)

Game Comments: My opponent is unfortunately limited in model choices right now (he is new to the game), so it made doing this pool a bit tougher on him. That said, the game was still kept close in score due to use playing for time and the resilience of Lady J this game (I did 32 damage to her and just killed her). My game plan was simple though, keep the child in the back doing sisters in fury each round to buff the Viks and then kill everything with the other models. Since we were playing for time, we only got in 3 rounds finished in the 1hr 45min (again he is new so he is still learning to play faster).

Turn1 Highlights (Lady J initiative): Models moved forward towards the turf marker. I did move the Vik of Ash a bit off to the side by herself to prevent him flanking that side and going after the child. Lady J responded by positioning herself to be able to walk and charge my master.

Turn2 Highlights (Lady J initiative): He won initiative, yanked Lady J forward with the Judge, and on 2nd activation charged in with Lady J (I activated child as my first model, casting sisters in fury). I knew I would be ok so long as he didn't keep hitting the onslaught trigger to make to many attacks due to my hard to kill with survivalist. Of course, he did have a high mask on the first attack to trigger onslaught and I stoned taking 3 damage I think. I managed to dodge the onslaught attack. I hated burning a high card for the 2nd charge attack, but I couldn't risk him having a mid-ranged mask to hit onslaught (ended up burning 2x 12s and a 9 I think) so I cheated high despite having hard to kill and ended up being put down to 1 wound. The Vik would eventually retaliate on Lady J later in the turn (she wasn't in danger of anything else attacking her at that point). Vanessa went next doing intuition and revealing a 11 tomb, red joker, and 9. I decided I would first obey Lazarus with the 9, walk forward into a forest to see through it, attack the judge (with the 11) for red joker damage, and blast a death marshal next to him. I then healed up my master by healing Vanessa with the Librarian triggering the all sister heals (think I got master back to 6 wounds). After that it was just moving models into the turf zone for both of us until the Viks would go. The Vik of Ashes burned oathkeeper and took 4 attacks vs Lady J. The Vik hit for a total of 18 damage, but Lady J stoned away 8 of the damage. The Vik of Blood burnt oathkeeper to charge the death marshal and engage the judge. She killed the death marshal on the first attack to score my first VP. He responded by moving the other 2 death marshal up and revealed public demonstration for 2 VP.

My Points: Turf War 1, Hunting Party 1, Show of Force 1
His Points: Turf War 1, Public Demonstration 2, Hunting Party 0

Turn3 Highlights (Lady J initiative):  Lady J won initiative despite me burning a stone to reflip (tying his first flip and then losing the reflip). I don't recall how the flips went exactly, but I burned most my high cards and ended with the Vik having 1 wound left again (and Lady J healing for 4). This is where I made my first big misplay of the game, I got greedy and activated the child first to cast sister of fury and failed it (didn't have any high cards left and failed the flip). This allowed him to attack the Vik of Blood with the judge and nearly got her killed. Thankfully she lived (barely), and retaliated by moving up to engage both the judge and the 2 death marshals. She did have LOS to Vik of Ash so she got 2 attacks killing both death marshals scoring 1 more VP (one on a whirlwind), but the judge survived the attacks. This also healed her some as well. Vanessa went and attacked an engaged Lady J because I used intuition again and saw 2,2,11. So I declared the attack did my random flips of 2 and 2, then picked to hit Lady J. I think the attacked ended up only doing 2 damage though. The Vik of Ash went to town again on Lady J and barely killed her due to her incredible soulstone prevention flips (I was only getting my min damage 3 on attacks this time though). Nothing much else happened other then me missing a bunch of attacks, trying to prevent him scoring Turf War.  At this point we realized we had like 5 minutes left so we declared it the end of the game.

Game ended 6-4 in favor of the Viks
My S&S: Turf War 2, Hunting Party 2, Show of Force 2
His S&S: Turf War 2, Public Demonstration 2, Hunting Party 0

Model Performance
Vik of Ash (3/5) - She ended up in a slugfest with Lady J that scored no points. That said, tying up Lady J allowed the rest of my crew to score my points. I may have burnt to many high cards keeping her alive (since she wasn't score) that could've been better used doing other things (being able to hit something round 3 to deny his turf war point). 

Vik of Blood (3/5) - She didn't do an amazing job, but she did score my 2 Hunting party VP and helped with Show of Force (though I didn't really need it).

Malifaux Child (2/5) - I really like the Malifaux Child in this crew. I only put it at a 2 because of my poor choice in activation order in turn 2 with it (especially when I didn't have to card to cheat). As a side note, he is brutal in this list because if they take hunting party, they have to get to him hiding in the back to score points. Sure they can do it, but it won't be easy to do it by turn 3 to score the full 3 points.

F. Librarian (3/5) - The heals were needed to keep my two Viks alive through round 3 and she was there to help score my schemes of needed.

Johan (3/5) - He ended up being the model that just hung out in the middle scoring points. He failed to hit anything round 3 though. Still I think he did fine for only being 6 points.

Lazarus (2/5) - For 10 points he sure missed a lot. He did move up into the turf marker as backup scorer though (in case Vik of Blood died).

Vanessa (4/5) - While the model didn't score any points, her deck manipulation is amazing. I ranked her at a 4 because she is the only model I felt like I played correctly most of the game (though I did misposition her on round 3 breaking LOS to Johan for his "free" flurry, though it wouldn't have mattered till turn 4). As a special side note, the tatoo doesn't work for furious casting or auto fire sadly (which I realized during the game).

Saving this as template...

? vs ?

Strat with ? Deployment
Convict Labor, ?, ?, ?, ?

My Crew
Master ( ?ss) - ?ss cache
? ( ?ss) - ?ss
? ( ?ss) - ?ss
? ( ?ss) - ?ss
? ( ?ss) - ?ss
? ( ?ss) - ?ss
? ( ?ss) - ?ss

His Crew
Master ( ?ss) - ?ss cache
? ( ?ss) - ?ss
? ( ?ss) - ?ss
? ( ?ss) - ?ss
? ( ?ss) - ?ss
? ( ?ss) - ?ss
? ( ?ss) - ?ss

My Schemes: ?,?
His Schemes: ?,?

Game Comments: ??

Turn1 Highlights (? initiative): ??

Turn2 Highlights (? initiative): ??

My Points: ? 0, ? 0, ? 0
His Points: ? 0, ? 0, ? 0

Turn3 Highlights (? initiative):  ??

Turn4 Highlights (? initiative):  ??

Turn5 Highlights (? initiative):  ??

Model Performance
Master (?/5) - ?

Model (?/5) - ?

Model (?/5) - ?

Model (?/5) - ?

Model (?/5) - ?

Model (?/5) - ?

Model (?/5) - ?

Jack Daw vs Lady J

Convict Labor, Exhaust Their Forces, Take Prisoner, Set Up, A Quick Murder

My Crew
Jack Daw (Twist and Turn 2ss, All curses) - 4ss cache
Greed - 8ss
Hodgepodge Emissary (Conflux of The Damned 0ss) - 10ss
Johan - 6ss
Lust - 8ss
Nurse - 5ss
The Hanged - 9ss

His Crew
Lady J ( Vendetta 2ss, Last Stand 1ss) - 6ss cache
Death Marshal - 6ss
Francisco Ortega (Wade In 1ss) - 8ss
2x Guild Austringer - 6ss
The Judge - 9ss
Witchling Stalker - 5ss

My Schemes: Take Prisoner (Austringer) , Set Up (Lady J)
His Schemes: Take Prisoner (The Hanged), A Quick Murder (H. Emissary)

Game Comments: I lent my opponent some new models (Franc and Austringers) to try them out. He ended up misplaying Fran by spending him off solo and wasting his El Mayor in addition to not doing much with him either. As it turned out though, I made plenty of my own misplays as well and I'll get to them in time. As for my plan, I let him come to me since he had to do so in order to score any points (I doubted he took convict labor and if he did Jack would move quickly to deny it) and I dropped markers all around my crew for Set Up.

Turn1 Highlights (Lady J initiative): I didn't even move half my models this round and instead just stood ground waiting. A few of them dropped markers around the crew to either keep his models away or score an easy 3VP on Set Up. I was able to out activate him (do to him using companion) and Lady J moved in close enough for me to take one Whispers action against Lady J, which hit.

Turn2 Highlights (Lady J initiative): Lady J won initiative and ended up moving the Judge forward (since Lady J was 1/2" out of charge range still) so he could use Stand for Justice on her. I could've tied up Lady J at this point using Johan or messed up the charge with Lust, but I wanted to quickly score my points so I kept her charge lane open. I ended up just moving Johan forward to engage The Judge at 3" away. The Stalker cleared off The Hanged debuff (can't heal) off Lady J before she charged in (forget what I went with in meantime). Lady J then charged in to kill my H. Emissary and almost killed it (1 wound left), but thankfully I dodged an attack and he never hit his onslaught trigger (attack again). At this point I realized I misplayed by activating Johan to soon, but I couldn't risk letting an austringer pick off the Emissary so I paralyzed and healed the Emissary with my nurse, then I paralyzed Lady J with the Red Joker in my hand. I don't think much else of reliance happened other then Jack Daw having to burn 3 AP to get a 3rd marker down to score full points on setup (her charge left her only next to 2 markers, and my Emissary was paralyzed and couldn't push and drop a marker).

My Points: Headhunter 0, Set Up 3, Take Prisoner 0
His Points: Headhunter 0, Take Prisoner 0, A Quick Murder 0

Turn3 Highlights (Jack initiative): I made a couple of significant mistakes which could've cost me 3VP, but luck saved me. I started the turn activating Jack and targeting the Witchling Stalker in hopes of killing him before he could clear paralysis off of Lady J. My mistake was declaring the ghost trigger to teleport Jack instead of giving the stalker a curse because he hit his trigger drawn to pain to move him 4" forward (teleporting me all of 1/2" really and I didn't want to jump to his backside because that put in my charge range of Franc). My next mistake was not focusing down the stalker to assure that it would die and instead tried to unsuccessfully throw a curse on the Judge. Realizing my mistake, I did try to kill the stalker using my last AP to attack, but he flipped high and my cheat hand wasn't very good so i missed a 2nd attack. I did have my (0) obey but the hanged wouldn't be able to kill the stalker, so I just whispered the judge for 4-5 damage. This of course allowed him to clear of paralysis from Lady J on his turn. My next mistake (I knew this was a gamble) was to try and kill Lady J before she activated by first activating the nurse to give Johan +2 damage, then accompliced  into Johan to flurry on Lady J. I then managed to miss 2 of the 3 attacks (and he stoned and prevented 3 damage on the one that hit). What I should've done knowing that my cheat hand was weak (and instead of relying on luck to flip well.....which rarely goes well for me) was pushed the Emissary away with his (0) and ran him back to stay safe (Lust and Greed may have died at that point, but maybe he would actually hit some low cards and failed manipulative checks). So Lady J went to town again on the Emissary and do to a dumb luck flip of the Red Joker on the 3rd attack, I managed to avoid the finishing blow. The Emissary then did what I should've done originally and ran away with the Emisary (leaving it in heal range for nurse next round, but staying out of austringer range). Now I was able to kill off The Judge (greed + lust auras did it, because I burnt out his hand) and Lust pushed Greed out of melee to pick up the head. Lady J ended the round with 1 wound left much to my annoyance.

My Points: Headhunter 1, Set Up 3, Take Prisoner 0
His Points: Headhunter 0, Take Prisoner 0, A Quick Murder 0

Turn4 Highlights (Lady J initiative):  We were playing for time once again and so this was the last turn of the game (both of us realizing this, played accordingly). I won the original flip, but he stoned and got a 13 so I just let it go since while he would kill a couple models with Lady J, my Emissary was safe and Daw (VP scorer/denier) were safe. Lady J cut Lust up and setup a head for another model to pick up. I then activated the nurse to heal the emissary back to full, he picked up the head marker with death marshal, Daw chased down the austringer, watcher moved up to the hanged to engage/attack it, and Lady J died to the hanged. Once everything gone, he revealed Take Prisoner on the hanged, but I had greed close enough to deny 1 of the VP. I then revealed Take Prisoner on the austringer for full VP.

My Points: Headhunter 1, Set Up 3, Take Prisoner 3
His Points: Headhunter 1, Take Prisoner 2, A Quick Murder 0

Jack Daw pulled off the 7-3 victory due to dumb luck of that red joker defense flip. The game very easily could've been at least 7-6.

Model Performance
Jack Daw (3/5) - Daw scored 4 VP this game so his performance wasn't bad, but he didn't even manage to curse 1 thing! A strange game with him for me, but he overall did want I needed him to do (at least when VP were at stake).

Greed (2/5) - The aura came into play twice and it did drain a card and help kill The Judge, but really I think a cheap 4 point model could've done the job she did in this game (picking up a head marker and dealing 2 damage).

H. Emissary (2/5) - This guy spent most of the game paralyzed or nearly dead. While he did deny 3 VP, it was via luck that this happened.

Johan (2/5) - I wanted to be gimmicky and have him at min damage 5 flurry, but this ended up nearly costing me 3VP. Otherwise, I kept activating him early forgetting I needed him to activate late to clear off the paralyzes on the Emissary.

Lust (2/5) - A good model, but she didn't do much this game other then push a model out of melee to pick up a head marker and die. As luck would have it, I used her attack and trigger to look at my top cards and had to discard an 11 (13,13,11 on top). She would've been much better had I not needed to score Lady J in my face for Set Up.

Nurse (4/5) - Definitely the MVP of this game as every activation she was saving the Emissary, locking down Lady J, or doing something useful. I think perhaps my only mistake with her was my activation order with her on turn 3 (what she did was fine though).

The Hanged (3/5) - He did most of the damage to the opponent by whispering and in turn 4 ate a lot of cards due to failed terror checks. I think this is the first game I've had a hanged that managed to be a threat.

Just wanted to thank you for this thread, just read through it all, and the format, although brief, gives a very good overview of what happened, what everybody did and I especially love your 'learnings' at the end.

Hope you can keep this up, even though comments are usually sparse in BR (which is a shame).

Cheers ...

Leveticus vs TT Jakob Lynch

Convict Labor, Exhaust Their Forces, Take Prisoner, Set Up, A Quick Murder

My Crew
Leveticus (Pariah of Iron 1ss, Tally Sheet 1ss, Oathkeeper 1ss) - 5ss cache
2x Waif - 0ss
Peacekeeper (Oathkeeper 1ss) - 11ss
2x Hunter - 7ss each
2x Necropunk - 5ss each
F.Librarian (Oathkeeper 1ss) - 7ss

His Crew
Jakob Lynch (Woke Up with A Hand, On Wings of Wind 2ss, The Rising Sun 2ss) - 5ss cache
Hungering Darkness (Addict 1ss) - 0ss
2x Katanaka Sniper - 7ss each
The Depleted - 4ss

My Schemes: A Quick Murder (Illuminated), Set Up (Huggy)
His Schemes: Exhaust Their Forces, A Quick Murder (Peacekeeper)

Game Comments: We played for time again for tourney prep and the game ended mid turn 4. The game was very one-sided points wise because my opponent picked a bad scheme and a tough scheme. On the opposite side, he made A Quick Murder very easy for me to do since he had 5 potential targets. I picked one of the Illuminated since I knew they would be in close by round 2-3 and Levy would be able to setup to get the kill. Speaking of Set Up, I decided Huggy would be a good target since even if I killed him, he would still be back and I knew my opponent would be aggressive with him because of his not dying. I bluffed doing Conict Labor as well to make sure Huggy wouldn't be fearful of getting in close to my markers. That meant so long as I out-killed him and/or he kept going first I would out activate him by turn 3-4 for an easier Set Up.

Setup is important to note in this game as well. Since he called to deploy second I picked the side of the table with the most starting cover. I then setup my crew all in cover from snipers other then my Peacekeeper which "extended" my LoS wall for my other models (had him push up against a house). This gave him no shots except the Peacekeeper and left me with options if he delayed on going with them. Otherwise I setup my crew in 3 "teams" with a waif, an anchor, and another model so Levy could bounce around.

Turn 1 Highlights (Jakob initiative): The snipers immediately started activating and gunning at the Peacekeeper taking 3 total damage from 2 focused shots. In the meantime, I leaped my necropunks from cover to cover setting up one close to the line as potential and near my A Quick Murder target to bait it. The Librarian healed the Peacekeeper for 2 (putting it to 1 wound down) and the rest of my crew just moved up a bit. I decided I would be aggressive early and burnt Oathkeeper on Levy to walk him up the board to start shooting at Huggy. Huggy stoned to prevent damage on the second attack to keep him from burying on turn 1 (but I did tag him with slow).  I think I misplayed this one by burning the wrong high card to hit on the first attack (used a tomb to prevent soulstones) and should've maybe baited him into misplaying (not using stone on first attack) and then killed him on the second by preventing soulstone use. That all said, making him slow was worth burning Oathkeeper I think (and preventing my Peacekeeper getting him by a turn 2 Huggy charge). Levy popped out on left side of the board closest to my Murder Target.

Turn 2 Highlights (Jakob initiative): I think Huggy ended up going first and moving back to saftey. I continued to leap and drop markers with my necropunks, one dropping a marker and leaping on the opposite side of a dense forest (with my target Illuminated on the other side), then dropping a 2nd marker. This successfully baited the Illuminated into moving up and attacking the Necropunk, leaving it in range of Levy without needing to move. He then did me another favor by moving up his depleted and killing the necropunk (leaving the Illuminated unengaged so I wouldn't randomize or need to kill my own model first). I took my queue and fired off 3 shots at my target Illuminated and killed it (barely did so though, as he was cheating really high for it; thankfully I had Red Joker in hand to hit after missing 1st shot). The snipers resumed shooting at the Peacekeeper this time one managed to Red Joker the damage on a triple negative flip. I responded in turn by burning oathkeeper on my Librarian and healing the Peacekeeper 3 times, putting it back to full health. Two more of his Illuminated moved up my left flank and my Hunter on that side charged one of them hitting it for little damage. No models were in range to pick up either head this round. End of Round I pushed my Hunter to engage both the Illuminated (in case he won initiative so he wouldn't be able to charge Levy).

My Points: Headhunter 0, A Quick Murder 3, Set Up 0
His Points: Headhunter 0,  Exhaust Their Forces 0, A Quick Murder 0

Turn3 Highlights (Leveticus initiative):  I won initiative and Levy went first walking twice, picking up a head, and then summoning a waif. I think next one of the snipers shot the Peacekeeper (not sure exact order of events at this point). My hunter killed one of the Illuminated on the left and avoided dying to the 2nd one. My 2nd Necropunk was shot twice and killed by a sniper after he leaped in the middle of the board to drop a marker (in range for non-focused shots now). The Peacekeeper dragged the depleted to him and hit him once (wanted to keep him back so Huggy would't be able to charge yet, and lure him up). Huggy moved back midfield as I had hoped and Jakob picked up a head behind him and walked back into cover. This put me in perfect position to score setup as Huggy was forward and within 4" of 2 markers, Huggy had already activated, Jakob with his push had activated, and I still had a Librarian close enough to drop the third marker (the dense forest almost made her out of range though). The turn ended and I scored my 3VP on Set Up and popped Levy out on the right side of the board (just past the centerline).

I think my opponent really messed up this round by not scoring exhaust which he could've easily done on my Peacekeeper and engaged Hunter.

My Points: Headhunter 1, A Quick Murder 3, Set Up 3
His Points: Headhunter 1,  Exhaust Their Forces 0, A Quick Murder 0

Turn4 Highlights (Leveticus initiative): The only interesting things that happened this round was Levy killing Huggy so he couldn't threaten to kill the Peacekeeper this round and the Peacekeeper burning oathkeeper to one-shot the depleted, walk to the head, and pick it up (this was last activation as we hit the 5 minutes left mark).

My Points: Headhunter 2, A Quick Murder 3, Set Up 3
His Points: Headhunter 1,  Exhaust Their Forces 0, A Quick Murder 0

Game ended 8-1 in Levy's favor. I think had the game finished my opponent would've been hard pressed to score his exhaust points. He could've gotten Murder if he killed the now in the open Librarian with a sniper and then had Jakob go aggressive on it, but he still would've been down a point.

Model Performance
Levy (3/5) - Not an amazing performance, but a solid one, scoring 4 of my VP by himself.

Peacekeeper (4/5) - He played his part well, sniper bullet sponge. While you may think that 11ss is a bit high when all he did was not die and kill a depleted, but he kept the snipers off the rest of my crew by being an open target. He also denied my opponent 3 VP which is the same as scoring 3VP as far as diff is concerned and baited my opponent so I could score 3VP more with setup.

Librarian (3/5) - Her job was to heal things (namely the peacekeeper) and that is what she did. She also scored me 1 VP for setup.

Necropunks (3/5) - Both died, but the helped again bait my opponent into making decisions that did score me points. They also dropped several markers to score setup on Huggy if he played aggressive.

Hunters (3/5) - While they didn't do anything special, they did allow me to spread out and bounce Levy around.

Tara vs The Dreamer

Interference with Standard Deployment
Convict Labor, Exhaust Their Forces, Leave Your Mark, Inspection, Undercover Entourage

My Crew
Tara (Obliteration Symbiote 2ss, Knowledge of Eternity 2ss) - 5ss cache
Karina (The Face of Oblivion 0ss) - 5ss
Taylor - 10ss
Sue - 8ss
2x Void Wretch - 4ss each
Big Jake - 5ss

His Crew
The Dreamer (Dreams of Pain 5ss, Otherworldly 2ss) - 7ss cache
Daydream - 2ss
2x Terror Tot - 4ss each
2x Young Nephilim - 6ss each
2x The Illuminated - 7ss each

My Schemes: Exhaust Their Forces, Undercover Entourage (Scion of the Void)
His Schemes: Leave Your Mark, Undercover Entourage (The Dreamer)

Game Comments: We played for time once again and finished as much as we could do in the 4th turn due to time. The game felt close the whole time and a lot of time was being ate at the end to try and maximize VP and denial. I think my opponent only made one key mistake during the game and made a mistake taking Leave Your Mark. That said, I also screwed up and cost myself 1VP as I'll explain in the turn by turn analysis.

As for deployment I put him on the side with a large ruined building splitting up his deployment (didn't really effect much since he was so fast and had incorporeal things). Both of us ended splitting our forces to bluff/deny inspection. I divided my crews into 3 teams with the left flank as Tara, Taelor, and Big Jake. In the middle was 2 Void Wretches and on the right was Sue, Karina, and the Scion. He did a similar setup with A Terror Tot and Young Nephilim on both flanks and the rest in the middle.

Turn1 Highlights (Dreamer initiative): Even with Knowledge of Eternity I won 1 initiative flip.....Still he elected me to go first to help control activations. Tara buried Taelor (giving her fast), moved forward, and set herself to reactivate. A daydream popped itself to give masks to the Dreamer, who went on his next activation, moving forward and summoning Coppelius and a Madness. Most of the turn was just advancing our models up to the midfield so little happened until Tara went again. She moved up again popped out Taelor and dropped a scheme marker as there was nothing else for her to do (positioned her behind trees so I wouldn't get charged in case I lost initiative). Taelor then charged in to kill Coppelius and then moved to get LOS to dreamer for "Welcome to Malifaux".

Turn2 Highlights (Dreamer initiative): He elected to go first this round and moved the dreamer away from Taelor then summoned 2 more Maddness. He chain activated into one of them and it moved forward to get into my part of the board for interference. Tara shot a Terror Tot which ran away to hid in the corner (this told me he didn't have inspection since he retreated from that area) and did her action to reactivate. Sue moved forward and missed his shot on the forward Madness. Then Karina shot as well missing both shots and then summoned a Crooligan which ended up Red Joker killing that madness (since I couldn't interact to exhaust it due to summoning). The second madness ended up moving up the middle of the board to try and get in my backfield and a void wretch of mine ran up to engage it. Taelor engaged an Illuminated, but only did 3 damage to it. The Illuminated attacked back and missed Taelor both times, but healed (Red Jokered the flip to do it) back to full. The other Illuminated moved forward on the board as did the Young Nephilim. My other void wretch ran up the right flank while his terror tot over there ran backwards to say unengaged for interference. Now here is where I screwed up with the Scion as I though I was close enough to move, blink, and then exhaust his last unactivated madness, but after I did the move I realized I was out of range for the blink (which had I realized this I would burnt Oathkeeper) and missed out on my exhaust point for the round since I could only move up to the model. Tara ended up engaging the Young Nephilim on the left flank and hit it once for 2 damage (Had to double walk to get to it and it had already gone so no exhaust). Big Jake chilled out in the back to help hold a section of the board.

My Points: Interference 1, Exhaust Their Forces 0, Undercover Entourage 0
His Points:  Interference 1, Leave Your Mark 0, Undercover Entourage 0

Turn3 Highlights (Tara initiative):  Tara activated first to try and kill the nephilim, but I think managed to miss both attacks (I knew I was safe to to not exhaust it as my void wretch could do it in the backfield and I need to regain activation control since he was summoning a lot of models). She then popped out the crooligan which walked up to an Illuminated to prevent in from charging Tara. Dreamer transformed into Chompy (summoning a daydream in the process) this round and engaged Sue and Karina. I had high cards in my hand to summon so I went with Karina before she got ate by Chompy and summoned a punk zombie in his face which flurried, doing 2 damage total despite using some high cards. He knew we were tight for time and actually didn't attack with Chompy but had the daydream push him out of engagement and afterwards transformed back to dreamer to move into the backfield. His center Young Nephilim moved forward to drop a marker for Leave Your Mark. Sue shot at that same Nephilim in the middle of the board and put him to 1 health. This was followed by me exhausting his madness with my void wretch and moving between it and the Nephilim to deny that scheme marker from scoring Leave Your Mark. He responded by walking away with the madness (Red Jokered the defense flip I think) to drop a maker in the back for Leave Your Mark. Since were were getting less the 25 minutes on time, I went with Scion to get him into position to score. I burnt oathkeeper, focused, attacked the madness hitting for 7 damage and drawing a 12 of books on the trigger, and then blinked next to his terror tot which put me in his deployment zone. His Illuminated killed my crooligan and moved toward Tara. The other Illuminated moved away from Taelor (cheating a 13 I think) to prevent me from denying interference. As for Taelor, I don't recall her doing much this round (probably missed her attacks or did min damage). Big Jake move toward the madness and the dreamer in the backfield. Tara didn't do much on her reactivation (missed the Young Nephilim more). We finish the turn right before 15 minutes no more turns timer goes off. I remove exhuast from the madness and he picked up the marker the same madness dropped for Leave Your Mark.

My Points: Interference 2, Exhaust Their Forces 1, Undercover Entourage 0
His Points:  Interference 2, Leave Your Mark 1, Undercover Entourage 0

Turn4 Highlights (Dreamer initiative):  He activated dreamer first and made the biggest mistake of the round I think when he just moved dreamer to the corner and summoned a daydream. What he should've done was 2 things. First, drop a marker for Leave Your Mark and second summon a madness to engage Big Jake (preventing his counting as 2 models for that corner). This mistake ended up costing him 1 VP (I would've still scored interference, even with Jake tied up).  My first activation was to use Tara to exhaust the young nephilim, move, and exhaust the illuminated to make sure I scored that point this round (and tied up 2 models). This round was lot of positioning (done very quickly as we were getting close on time) to try and score/deny the strategy. But the key activation/points that happened was his terror tot that had been engaged by the scion the previous round (it ran way from him last turn) was still out of range to sprint and drop a maker for leave your mark (and nothing else could pull it off) and instead of moving it to my side of the board to help dreamer win that side, instead it helped hold his back right side. Taelor then pulled off a clutch kill by finishing off the unengaged illuminated in his back right which put me up on models for that section. The 5 minute mark hit as I finished Taelor activation and he was unable to take 1 activation that would give him anymore VP. We both ended knew the other had Undercover Entourage and had full points on it, but I was able to get both Interference and Exhaust Their forces while he missed his points on Leave Your Mark and Interference.

My Points: Interference 3, Exhaust Their Forces 2, Undercover Entourage 3
His Points:  Interference 2, Leave Your Mark 1, Undercover Entourage 3

Tara wins 8-6 in a close match

I think had my opponent taking exhaust their forces he would've made it even closer. I think in a timed game Leave Your Mark is going to surprise a lot of people at first (thinking its like breakthrough) and end up scoring less points then they like due to it being 1 a turn and easier to deny.

Model Performance
Tara (3/5) - Scored Exhaust for me and tied up models at a key point (turn 4) to make sure I could break the tie in points. Not a stellar performance, but she did fine.

Taelor (3/5) - I really think Johan would've been just as good here as the Welcome to Malifaux didn't even matter against dreamer since he is so fast. Still I have to give her a 3 because of her clutch killing of the Illuminated on turn 4.

Void Wretch (3/5) - One did nothing most of the game, but the other one did a great job of keeping my opponent from scoring Leave Your Mark by staying alive and moving next to the markers while engaging his models.

Scion of the Void (4/5) - While he didn't do anything crazy this game, he basically says I am scoring 3 points for Undercover Entourage this game, good luck trying to stop me.

Karina (3/5) - Her summons didn't end up doing actively but they did help with fighting for activation control.

Sue (3/5) - Not an amazing performance, but extra cards are always nice.

Big Jake (3/5) - Him counting for 2 models while unengaged made my opponent not even bother trying to contest that section of the board most of the game as he tried to flood the other side.

• Like 2

He is experimenting with some different options, but I think most of it worked alright. We both agreed that the Young could probably be changed to something more effective.

Most of my games of late are against newer players (other then the Arcanist player I play) so I'm "taking them through the grinder" trying to get them to be stronger players. So I'm always happy when they are doing well and putting me on the back foot.

• Like 1