My eyes they burn

So is the board kind of unreadable to anyone else right now? 

I'm seeing a lot of white on white text and this message box is taking up only 1/3 of the screen and randomly growing as this sentence fills it up. Now I'm just curious to see how far it will go. Looks likes at least caps out before turning into a horz scroll :D

• Like 1

I've started using the light theme (selected via the option at the bottom left) which seems to be working fine for me, apart from the expanding input box.

I was getting weird errors when I was trying to load certain pages on the dark theme but this one seems to function (almost) properly.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pyrflamme said:

My background is now an ocean, but there are no known oceans in Malifaux? Spoilers hidden in plain sight? Will Marcus finally be getting his octopus Enforcer?

If I have anything to do with this... Nathan you heard that.... Octopus Enforcer for Marcus...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pyrflamme said:

My background is now an ocean, but there are no known oceans in Malifaux? Spoilers hidden in plain sight? Will Marcus finally be getting his octopus Enforcer?

Uh what.. what background is an Ocean?  None of them, Light or Dark theme, have any oceans.

2 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Nightmare edition Aquaman ... I think I hear ya ..

Kahl Drogo Aquaman?  I'm down, Arcanist do need more Nightmare Eds. :wacko:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tawg said:

Uh what.. what background is an Ocean?  None of them, Light or Dark theme, have any oceans.

Kahl Drogo Aquaman?  I'm down, Arcanist do need more Nightmare Eds. :wacko:

Aquaman has dreads, Marcus has dreads... obviously the same person..

The temporary theme I uploaded while I fixed the forums had an ocean as the backdrop.

Ah, so I just "missed" the speculative nonsense then?

BTW, now that this is running more properly, I have to say nice.  The Light/Dark theme thing I can take or leave, but the new quoting function is perfect.  Have that on my other forum I frequent and it is by far my favorite feature Wyrd's was missing.

So whoever was the brains behind bringing that here, or had to bother working it onto the forums, thanks a lot.  Best gift from Wyrd this year.

Just now, Pyrflamme said:

It was less speculative nonsense and a bad joke masquerading as speculative nonsense.

That said, a sea-themed Marcus crew would be pretty close to an auto-buy for me.

Not going to lie, any Octopus model would be a +million buy for me.

My favorite animal, and if it was not restricted to Rare 1 or something, I would gladly take half my crew in them. :wacko:

• Like 1

I can see it being a hillarious model.

Soul Stone enhanced Octopus (Enforcer Rare 1)

WK - / Cg -

Ability

Insignificant: This model cannot take the interact action

Deployed where needed: While this model is in play friendly leader model get the following tactical action Release the Octopus: Place friendly Soul Stone Enhanced Octopus in base contact with any terrain or marker.

Attack Actions

It can shoot?? (Sh: 6:crow / rg 10) Target suffers 1/2/3 damage

:crow Blob of Ink: Model gains the following condition I CAN'T SEE: This model can only take :melee attacks until the end of turn

:ram Is that a friggen Laser Beam on its Head: Model gains the following condition Burning +2

Arcanist can also use some shark men to go with this

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Nightmare edition Aquaman ... I think I hear ya ..

As an avid Marcus player I am all about this!

18 hours ago, wizuriel said:

I can see it being a hillarious model.

Soul Stone enhanced Octopus (Enforcer Rare 1)

WK - / Cg -

Ability

Insignificant: This model cannot take the interact action

Deployed where needed: While this model is in play friendly leader model get the following tactical action Release the Octopus: Place friendly Soul Stone Enhanced Octopus in base contact with any terrain or marker.

Attack Actions

It can shoot?? (Sh: 6:crow / rg 10) Target suffers 1/2/3 damage

:crow Blob of Ink: Model gains the following condition I CAN'T SEE: This model can only take :melee attacks until the end of turn

:ram Is that a friggen Laser Beam on its Head: Model gains the following condition Burning +2

Arcanist can also use some shark men to go with this

I NEED an octopus for Marcus' Magnificent Menagerie!

It should be noted that octopi can actually move on land and it is vaguely terrifying to watch (Seriously, watch this video it's creepy and awesome) so it should have some movement but probably no charge range.

Definitely needs some sort of :meleeattack that can then pull people in and keep them there (and perhaps give them poison because there are highly venomous octopi ).

Also, your "Release the Octopus" action needs to be renamed to "Release the Kraken" because that is far more epic sounding ;)

The preceeding has been Awesome Octopus Facts brought to you by Guslado, avid cephalopod enthusiast.

31 minutes ago, Guslado said:

Also, your "Release the Octopus" action needs to be renamed to "Release the Kraken" because that is far more epic sounding ;)

The preceeding has been Awesome Octopus Facts brought to you by Guslado, avid cephalopod enthusiast.

The Kraken will be the Henchman model. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tawg said:

You know, if there were just a new Faction of all Octopuses, I wouldn't object.

BTW Guslado, it's pluralized as octopuses :P (octopi works, but octopuses is better).

Technically octopi, octopuses, AND octopodes are acceptable pluralizations of octopus. Etymologically octopus derives from Greek so the most etymologically accurate pluralization would technically be octopodes, but you say that and no one knows what you're talking about. Octopi incorrectly assumes that octopus derives from Latin and would be the proper pluralization were it Latinate in origin, which classifies octopi as "hyper-correct"; however due to the mutable nature of the English language common usage can and often brings technically incorrect vernacular into acceptable usage.

While octopuses follows the standard model of pluralization for an English word ending in S, it just sounds weird due to the aesthetics of the excess of esses and the insuffable suffusion of sibilant syllables. Octopi just has more punch to it.

Octopodes is the most etymologically correct but is the least known. Octopuses follows the "rules" of English but hits my ear in a bad way. And therefore I shall continue to use octopi as it is far more pleasing to me. (Can you tell I like words almost as much as I enjoy cephalopods?;))

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Guslado said:

Technically octopi, octopuses, AND octopodes are acceptable pluralizations of octopus. Etymologically octopus derives from Greek so the most etymologically accurate pluralization would technically be octopodes, but you say that and no one knows what you're talking about. Octopi incorrectly assumes that octopus derives from Latin and would be the proper pluralization were it Latinate in origin, which classifies octopi as "hyper-correct"; however due to the mutable nature of the English language common usage can and often brings technically incorrect vernacular into acceptable usage.

While octopuses follows the standard model of pluralization for an English word ending in S, it just sounds weird due to the aesthetics of the excess of esses and the insuffable suffusion of sibilant syllables. Octopi just has more punch to it.

Octopodes is the most etymologically correct but is the least known. Octopuses follows the "rules" of English but hits my ear in a bad way. And therefore I shall continue to use octopi as it is far more pleasing to me. (Can you tell I like words almost as much as I enjoy cephalopods?;))

Yeah, I know all of that too :P.  Indecently I like words (Languages in general) very much as well.  Perhaps we are the same person?

But, the most important argument that you are missing?  Jacques Cousteau pluralized it as Octopuses.  And he likes under water things.  :P  So I'm sticking with his version, plus I like the way it sounds.

• Like 1