Print on Demand Stat Cards

Lucidicide

This is a fantastic idea, having errata-updated cards for sale makes my life easier - no more having to try and remember what changed in the Metal Gamin!

Quick question, do you plan to mark the errata cards?  Having something in the corner of the cards like "Errata 201X-XX" would help stop any confusion about errata and non-errata cards.

• Like 1

Brilliant move!

Would the upgrade cards be sold individually as well?

Just so I can get faction specific, general upgrades (Arcanist for example) instead of having to purchase the whole pack and be left with left over cards.

Also for things like Zoraida's cards that were misprinted or Lynch's that have been given errata.

Thank you for this service!

I'd also like to echo the request for errata cards and the ability to buy individual upgrade cards.

Last, are the arsenal decks going to remain available at retail or will they be phased out to print on demand only?

Edited by Rwwin

Suggestion: Could you offer M2E cards with pictures of the M1E metal models on it. Makes it easy to identify which metal model belongs to which M2E stat card

I realise we're probably entering the territory of improbable suggestions, but it would be very cool indeed if one could upload a picture for the card. Imagine having your own paintjob on the card! Freebooter's Fate did this for their digital crew creator, but it would be even more awesome for printed cards...

• Like 2

Very good news! Especially the errata cards.

I always hate it when a game uses cards and the errata changes something on them. You always have to remember what changed or change the card yourself if possible, which is a nogo for me (cards have to stay clean).

Thank you!

Great move of Wyrd, I like it.

With on demand printing, wouldn't it be possible to offer a bigger sized card format.

I actually have issues with the small fond size (I always need to take off my glasses to read the text) of the cards and would greatly appreciate an option to have cards in a bigger format.

• Like 1

Wow, I haven't been looking at the news updates but this is.. this is outstanding.

So many of my kits are from 1.5ed cross over, and stock from FLGS that has simply been sitting around until I purchased it (Recently got a 1.5 Yan Lo kit), so having the ability to order a print set of cards I need without needing to get any Arsenal decks is outstanding.

Kind of feel bad for any game store with old Arsenal decks laying around.  I might buy the ones in my local shop and use the nice card stock to base scatter terrain or something (it's fairly study anyways), or do some other "Alternative craft" project with it.  But if this plan stays a reality going forward with Wyrd, Arsenal decks seem to be a thing of the past (Not necessarily a bad thing).

Off hand, are you planning to stop producing the full decks, and only offer this option?

Either way, this is great, so thank you very much Wyrd :)

Wow, I haven't been looking at the news updates but this is.. this is outstanding.

So many of my kits are from 1.5ed cross over, and stock from FLGS that has simply been sitting around until I purchased it (Recently got a 1.5 Yan Lo kit), so having the ability to order a print set of cards I need without needing to get any Arsenal decks is outstanding.

Kind of feel bad for any game store with old Arsenal decks laying around.  I might buy the ones in my local shop and use the nice card stock to base scatter terrain or something (it's fairly study anyways), or do some other "Alternative craft" project with it.  But if this plan stays a reality going forward with Wyrd, Arsenal decks seem to be a thing of the past (Not necessarily a bad thing).

Off hand, are you planning to stop producing the full decks, and only offer this option?

Either way, this is great, so thank you very much Wyrd :)

They've already gone on record that arsenal decks were a temporary solution. Thankfully they've now launched a replacement! :-)

I don't know why you'd single out the "old fashioned printing" Arsenal decks for that sort of treatment, since the print-on-demand Arsenal wave decks are all going for the same price ($12 each) while the traditional printing decks were $8 or $9 each, and presumably the print-on-demand cards are going to be similar card stock.  So if you're in a spot where you want one of the decks (because you need a lot of cards from the set) and a local store has one of them, you're saving time and money buying it there.

P.S.  If anyone from Wyrd is reading this, you folks should definitely put a link from the pages for the Wave 1 Arsenal boxes to the Wargame Vault pages.  "You can get this over here now." looks a lot better than "No longer in production."   :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

(Apologies if this isn't the correct space for this.)

Got my first shipment of print-on-demand cards in the mail yesterday. Bit of a mixed bag.

First, the good:

• They're timely, considering the product. With a batch of about 12 cards, using standard shipping, it took 10 days from order to get to my house. A second shipment seems to be on a similar timeframe.
  • The print itself is excellent. Colors are good, I didn't see any blurring, gloss is nice.

The bad:

• The scaling's noticeably, distractingly off. I didn't compare PoD vs. in-the-box card size, so I don't know if the PoD poker cards are just smaller, but WargameVault needs to scale down their digital print files by 2% or 3%. There's no text cut-off on the card fronts – barely – but there is some text cut-off on the back. (You lose about half a letter.)

The neutral:

• The backs are "upside-down" compared to in-the-box cards; this isn't a problem per se, but it is a bit of a mental hitch. (I actually prefer this layout, to be honest, but that's just because of how I naturally flip cards over.)
  • The cardstock's different than Wyrd's. It's slightly thinner and little more flexible.
  • Like 1

Any word on the limited edition cards being added. I know Wyrd was still thinking of it, and with the holiday craze little to no time was likely to be had for serious consideration. Just keeping the issue there as I and many others I feel are still interested in this outcome as it is something that I know a few of us have been asking for since M2E was actually announced.