Baby Kade

Dassenkop

Hi there. Wanted to check whether my understanding is correct for this model.

Assume Kade is in BtB contact with an enemy model. I decide to cast the Lure attack action on the model which results in a success. Since the enemy model is already in BtB contact it doesn’t move its Wk action, it basically stays in place where it is, but since it ends a ‘Lure’ move within Kade’s engagement range the Pounce ability triggers and I’m allowed to take a 1 AP Ml attack action, including triggers, with Kade against the ‘lured’ model.

I think this approach is a bid situational but I’m considering the option while having sorrows around (Misery damage) with a Web marker from the Widow Weaver (-1 Wp) combined with enemy models with relative low Wp vs Df values.

Hi there. Wanted to check whether my understanding is correct for this model.

Assume Kade is in BtB contact with an enemy model. I decide to cast the Lure attack action on the model which results in a success. Since the enemy model is already in BtB contact it doesn’t move its Wk action, it basically stays in place where it is, but since it ends a ‘Lure’ move within Kade’s engagement range the Pounce ability triggers and I’m allowed to take a 1 AP Ml attack action, including triggers, with Kade against the ‘lured’ model.

I think this approach is a bid situational but I’m considering the option while having sorrows around (Misery damage) with a Web marker from the Widow Weaver (-1 Wp) combined with enemy models with relative low Wp vs Df values.

From the FAQ

7) Q: If a model with the Lure Action targets a model in base contact, can Lure be used to move the
targeted model, so long as it ends in base contact with the model taking the Lure Action?
A: No. A model which is already in base contact may not be moved any further with the Lure Action.

"May not be moved" = the model never moves and therefor never ends a move so it will not trigger pounce from BK.

• Like 1

Okay. But how about starting engaged with Kade and not in Btb contact, lets say 1 mm apart. Would that trigger pounce? 

That's fine, that'll work.  1mm or an inch, the model has to actually move.

The problem with your other scenario was specifically the part about starting in base contact and then trying to use lure.

• Like 1