December 7th - Spawn Mother & Gupps

Lucidicide

Little baby Land of the Lost Sleestack? That's a win in my book, even if it does show my age.

And I'm pretty sure what mom is doing is something along the lines of "If one of you tracks slime onto my freshly washed floor, it'll be the last thing you do!"

Also, I like the sculpt, but now I want to change my Miss Model vote to a male Spawn Mother, Mrs. Doubtfire.

• Like 3

I can't stress enough how grateful I am that the Spawn Mother has scales, it makes her model much more interesting than smooth skin would. Really looking forward to painting her :)
I also love her round belly that is ready to lay some eggs.

Gupps are just amazing.

I am curious how will they be sold. Is Spawn Mothers box going to contain some Gupps? How much will box of Gupps cost?

• Like 1

I can't stress enough how grateful I am that the Spawn Mother has scales, it makes her model much more interesting than smooth skin would. Really looking forward to painting her :)

Gupps are just amazing.

I am curious how will they be sold. Is Spawn Mothers box going to contain some Gupps? How much will box of Gupps cost?

If similar models are an indication (Datsue Ba & Seishin) then it will be $30 for the Spawn Mother and 3 Gupps.

Gupps are amazing really, they did a good job; I don't like the spawn mother, quite disappointed. I was expecting a fatty silurid with a big belly and a crouched pose, something like a protective attitude towards her spawn...in this pose seems she's waving at the gupps leaving the nest

Gupps are just amazing.

If similar models are an indication (Datsue Ba & Seishin) then it will be $30 for the Spawn Mother and 3 Gupps.

Gupps were three models on a 40 mm in metal, I assume the same with these. So they don't correlate that closely to Datsue Ba and Seishin.

• Like 1

Yup - those are fish boobs.

I don't have much to say about these - Gupps are plain and boring and Momma is pretty detailed looking but I don't really like the look and pose of it - looks awkward. Pretty easy to pass these up plus they aren't very good models for gameplay either, iirc.

Fish boobs are cool, though. 

I like the look of the spawn mother but I'm not crazy about the pose. She should be a little more hundched over with more froglike legs perhaps? Sort of like the old silurids in pose would be cool. The gupps seem ok but how many are going to be in the box? The spawnmother needs like 3-4 bases at least to function?

Yup - those are fish boobs.

I don't have much to say about these - Gupps are plain and boring and Momma is pretty detailed looking but I don't really like the look and pose of it - looks awkward. Pretty easy to pass these up plus they aren't very good models for gameplay either, iirc.

Fish boobs are cool, though. 

I'd argue the opposites. The Gupps are amazing and perfect. The Spawn mother is a bit dull and generic looking. 

I'm hoping that the box comes with at least 3 bases of gupps, and that more gupps are available separately (don't hold much hope for the latter though).

Edited by decker_cky