Let's Get Cooking!

ArcanistCupcake

Evening all,

Greetings from the Sunshine State on this lovely December day! My name is Amanda and I am super excited about joining the ranks of Malifaux players. I was first introduced to the game in 2011, but at that time Warhammer 40K had it's claws stuck firmly and the game never quite stuck. Now, with the release of 2E, I have decided to not only give it another shot but to try to drag all of the players from the local game store I work at in this venture with me!

My boss and I recently looked up Wyrd's Henchman program and I look forward to hopefully being part of it in the coming future and hosting events for my players. :)

This game could not be more up my ally considering my love for World of Darkness, Silent Hill, and all things spooky. It is my sincerest desire to be able to pass this interest and enthusiasm through learning how to play the game and painting my units with love and care. 

Thank you in advance for reading and I'm glad to be here!

• Like 1

Welcome!

With a love like that allow me to make my standard pitch.

Come to the crew where mouldering lace never goes out of style.

Where top hats aren't just stylish, they're bulletproof.

And a wicked smile in the moonlight is one of the most terrifying things in all of Malifaux.

Seamus for new players in 2015!

-Brought to you by the Shadows of Redchapel-

Edited by Fetid Strumpet
  • Like 2

Thank you so much for making a new player feel so welcomed! :) 

I already have driven my boss crazy to stock the shelves with items and am in the works for planning our first demo and painting event. Since I am spearheading this cause, any recommendations to get a good feel for the rules so I can explain them to other people interested in trying out the game from the more experienced side of Malifaux?

Looking forward to your replies!

The starter set is hands down the best way to learn to play the game - the only problem being it's also in demand, so I don't know what the current ordering situation would be (for reference, it took 2 months for my local store to get mine in in the uk)

Outside of that, I would genuinely suggest that people pick up the crews/factions they like the look of best.  Yes, some are more complicated than others, but starting with models you love always works better than using crews people have told you are good starter ones when you don't really feel the models ;)

If you're still having problems deciding, shoot questions onto the faction specific forums and most of us will always be happy to help out :)

http://elementgames.co.uk/wargames-and-miniatures/cult-steampunk-other-miniatures-games/malifaux/malifaux-2nd-edition-starter-set-2-crewsdecks-etc

edit - the link above is the starter set, although because wyrds own store is currently closed due to black friday orders, I've just posted a link to my own local store - just so you can see which set I'm talking about :)

Edited by Shadowfane
  • Like 1

The question of what to stock came up a few weeks ago in Popular crew boxes. I very much like Dirial's answer. Those are boxes that will work as crews AND minis that look interesting to people who might not play.

Now I went in the other direction and asked my local henchman for something that was not creepy. Partly for personal reasons and partly for being the face of my game store if I became the one to pick up this game. *boos the Neverborn very loudly, and looks back at the Rezzers and that near miss, but boos regardless* And I asked for complicated. And I did not say clockwork, but now I think he heard it earlier and filed that one away for reference. So lemme just say, you're all doin' it wrong as far as constructs go, stoppit or be disassembled. (I pay a mercenary tax in order to get an Outcast girl model on the table with a Guild crew, but I am Ok with that.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I want to say thank you everyone for all the help that you have provided me. I am still a little nervous about the application process, however, I have been able to make a lot of recommendations to the gamers that come to my shop. I have never been so excited to see a miniature game take off! Everyone is falling in love with the models and the lore and I have the lot of you to thank for guiding me along the way. I appreciate the help so much!