Troubleshooters - Daventry - 9th January

Clousseau

I'm totally new to Malifaux but am interested in this.  (Got the starter set)

I've bought the Ten Thunders Starter - is this enough to play this tourney?  Any more models to buy?

In addition to the good advice from Oshova, how local are you and have you played many games? I'm in Coventry myself and might be able to meet up if you wanted a practice game or two to learn the game/your crew better.

I'm totally new to Malifaux but am interested in this.  (Got the starter set)

I've bought the Ten Thunders Starter - is this enough to play this tourney?  Any more models to buy?

According to the rules pack (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12083335/Rules Pack - Troubleshooters - Jan16.pdf) Each game is at 45SS, selected from a pool of 70SS. The starter sets aren't that big, so some extra models would be necessary. If you are struggling for what to get, check out the 10 Thunders section of this very forum, or the PullMyFinger Wiki (http://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/M2E+Ten+Thunders).

If you can't make a decision from there, post a thread into the 10 Thunders section of the forum, and I'm some lovely people will come along to help you out. =]

Welcome to the community =]

Thank you for the welcome and I'll certainly look at the write ups.  Trouble is EVERYTHING looks fantastic!

• Like 1

Would have loved to attend this event but I'm away that weekend.

I'm also a brand new player with the starter set and lady J box set so far! I think this will be my closest event also as I don't think there's many people who play close to me.

Is there any other upcoming events at battlefield hobbies soon? Or any events designed more for beginners to learn the game etc?

1 hour ago, Edens said:

I'm also a brand new player with the starter set and lady J box set so far! I think this will be my closest event also as I don't think there's many people who play close to me.

Is there any other upcoming events at battlefield hobbies soon? Or any events designed more for beginners to learn the game etc?

I'll drop you a DM in a second with contact details - I'm a Henchman who plays a lot in Northampton and one of my regular opponents is in Daventry, so we should be able to find you someone to play! :)

• Like 1

On 29/12/2015 at 9:16 PM, Edens said:

Next event, by me anyway, will be Haul of Eggs 3 on 28th March.

You can find all UK events here https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=malifauxuk%40gmail.com&ctz=Europe/London

10 hours ago, mythicFOX said:

Can I just confirm two rules about pool selections;

1) You can summon models from outside your pool,

2) You need to pay for multiple copies of the same upgrade in your pool,  IE if I want to use two copies of Imbued Energies I need to have two in my pool (2x1ss).

Yes and Yes

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Edens said:

Thank you for that!

I live in Bicester and would be quite interested in learning/ playing some Malifaux. I have convinced my friend also to join me so there will hopefully a couple more opponents for you guys to smash soon! Lol

In addition to Ben, there's another local Henchman, which is me, based near Milton Keynes. I play at Wargames Workshop on a Monday evening, but am open to weekend gaming as well.

Lots of new players around here so may be organising a beginners event in MK soon.

On 15 December 2015 at 9:16 AM, Oshova said:
14 minutes ago, Clousseau said:

Next event, by me anyway, will be Haul of Eggs 3 on 28th March.

You can find all UK events here https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=malifauxuk%40gmail.com&ctz=Europe/London

Thanks I hope to make the March one. Seems like it would also be the closest tournament for me also by the looks of it.