November 23rd - Aionus

Lucidicide

Being able to attack buried models will be a welcome addition to many crews in specific situations, many of which involve Papa and a box.

Add that to the scheme marker manipulation and targeted fast for the cost of a card, this guy could be pretty solid. I can think of a lot of low cost models that would love fast, and a lot of low-mid cards that just got much more useful.

Also, I like the new model/card being made available away from the normal book release schedule. Would like to see more of this in the future.

• Like 2

This guy sounds like Tara's new best friend. High Df and Wp, huge charge range (especially for a guy riding on a clock), no limit to the number of enemies he can bury with his Bony Fingers, and being able to target already buried models. And his friends can get fast and bleed off cards to help out the Void Wretches. Definitely a solid friend of Oblivion.

Dreamer is dead.

T_T

Poor old 4 wound Bete isn't very happy either, honestly. Two hits at weak damage, or 1 severe, and poof. 

The marker movement, that's one of those abilities that people will be coming up with awesome ideas for in specific games. Could be a real game changer.

• Like 1

Yea, it's a good thing they made it Huggy proof.  Discard an ace, put it back in hand- Endless Darkness Huggy has 4 AP...  That'd be bad.  And the balance of having to give up higher cards relative to SS cost is nicely balanced.  I really enjoy some of the new design space explored with this guy.

• Like 1

Dreamer is dead.

T_T

But except it, I like it.

I don't see where he kills Dreamer. Dreamer has always lived or died against cast attacks based on his Df trigger. I don't see anything here that will prevent that, am I missing the trick?

He can attack Dreamer while Chompy is out and Dreamer is Buried. No Triggers will help then. Just means that the Dreamer needs to either play around that or kill the old guy (who isn't all that super tough, really).

Edited by Math Mathonwy
  • Like 1

Dreamer is dead.

T_T

I don't see where he kills Dreamer. Dreamer has always lived or died against cast attacks based on his Df trigger. I don't see anything here that will prevent that, am I missing the trick?

Presumably the bit where he can attack buried models with quite a good damage spread, and that he's a Merc

He can attack Dreamer while Chompy is out and Dreamer is Buried. No Triggers will help then. Just means that the Dreamer needs to either play around that or kill the old guy (who isn't all that super tough, really).

Right, thanks. I almost never bury Dreamer except to reposition him so didn't even think of that. I agree with Math, you'll just have to be a bit more careful with him.

He seems very cool and I look forward to getting him during the sale.

With respect to Dreamer/Leveticus, here are the thoughts I posted on a FB thread:

"I think both Leveticus and Dreamer bring good activation control to the board, and can widen that gap with the killing they bring. I don't think it's unrealistic to think they could hold their activations and then bury if needed. It gets even more extreme when you realize Colette is spending 13SS when those two Masters are bringing cheap totem swarms for starters. I would think it's a cute strategy for out-of-activation threat, but seems like it can be countered to a certain extent, and is hard to justify unless you 100% know that your opponent is bringing one of those when they declare their faction."

The Colette part was in response to someone talking about Prompt, but the point still stands that I think those two masters can bring enough activation control to make it manageable.

He'll definitely find a place with Tara, either Rezzer or Outcast, and will be a solid Outcast haymaker that's distinct from Killjoy.

Dreamer is dead.

T_T

Yup. And it's a Ca action. So... Dreamer will take ALL damage. With a Df 4, no triggers, 6 Wd... Outch,

But, I know, some things could be done. For example, waiting before burry... Or Burry Dreamer after invocation  activation of Aionus, use LCB to kill some things and unburry dreamer (or waiting the next turn and pray to be player1 :D).

It was just my first reaction, not a complain or other. And... "C'est le jeu ma pauvre Lucette!". ^_^

Edited by Pallas4
error of word's choice ^^

Yup. And it's a Ca action. So... Dreamer will take ALL damage. With a Df 4, no triggers, 6 Wd... Outch,

But, I know, some things could be done. For example, waiting before burry... Or Burry Dreamer after invocation of Aionus, use LCB to kill some things and unburry dreamer (or waiting the next turn and pray to be player1 :D).

It was just my first reaction, not a complain or other. And... "C'est le jeu ma pauvre Lucette!". ^_^

I think that it is a fair reaction! He really does affect Dreamer's playstyle quite a bit (especially the Chompy version's) and since he is a Merc, he might turn up unexpectedly. I didn't mean to downplay it.

Bete is another model that is extremely hampered by him.