Back from UK Nationals

daemonkin

HI Brothers and Sisters,

Back from the UK Nationals, biggest Malifaux tournament in the world with 86 players and walked away with 2nd best Ten Thunders player. Top 20 finish and what a blast! 

Stats:

• 4 wins, 1 darw, 2 losses
  • 5 Masters played
  • McCabe (3), Shenlong, Mei Feng, Misaki, Lynch
  • Biggest victory 7-1 and 6-0 (Outcasts in Reckoning and Arcanists in Collect the Bounty)
  • Biggest Loss 8-5 (against spawning gremlins in Turf War)

Memorable Moments:

• A waldgeist had a forest up locking down a head hunter marker which was needed to stop the opponent tying the game. A peasant activated and hit the bunch of twigs with his broom, succeeding, doing 1 damage and more importantly triggering to push him 1 in away and removing the forest marker allowing my Tengu to swoop in and grab the head!
  • Strongarm supercharged and punched Kang getting red joker on damage. Damage prevent to use last soulstone in order to help Misaki with an assassination run on Von Schill. Flip for prevention and red joker to negate all damage.
  • Katanaka sniper targeting Marcus first action of the game to get red joker damage for 7 wounds forcing Marcus to use 2 soulstones early (1 for defensive flip and 1 for damage prevention (1 prevented)
  • Illuminated took a fast charging Von Schill to the face and still survived to be able to regen, heal and take out a Librarian.
  • Ashigaru getting summoned from Luna's corpse on top of a mountain, getting fast from Toshiro, flipping a squat marker and proceeding to fall down the mountain to eventually score Power Ritual in the enemy delpoyment zone.

But the star of the show and one of the best minion models in the game was my Ten Thunder Brother. 1 was in ever list I took but in the last game I sent him down a flank for Protect territory which once achieved sat on the marker with Defensive +2 (and Defense 7) and took 2 turns of Melee Expert Marcus + alpha'd Dawn Serpent + 2 Dawn Serpent activations to the face and he still survived the game. The game was Collect the Bounty and Make the Suffer was announced so my opponent had tunnel vision to kill the Brother but just couldn't.

Great tournament and has got me pumped up to get my Shadow Emissary built and painted and maybe give Brew Master another shot.

D.

• Like 4

• A waldgeist had a forest up locking down a head hunter marker which was needed to stop the opponent tying the game. A peasant activated and hit the bunch of twigs with his broom, succeeding, doing 1 damage and more importantly triggering to push him 1 in away and removing the forest marker allowing my Tengu to swoop in and grab the head!

Congrats! Really wish I could have been there.

I need to ask about the particular interaction quoted above. How do you mean the marker blocked the head marker? I feel like I'm missing something.

When the waldgiest is in base contact with the severe terrain it has a 4" engagement range. When he drops his forest marker, it lasts until he moves, so that push removed the marer, and then it would be possible to interact with a head marker that previously was inside the engagement range. 

• Like 2