Master for Christmas

WolfDayDream

Hiya so I'm gonna get a Master crew box set for Christmas but I can't decide.. Collodi I demoed  and enjoyed but I didn't use the exact crew the Henchmen that taught me gave me a decent crew not box set but when I get a set for Christmas I'll only have enough money for just the bare bones and what comes in set. The Marionettes were fun and Collodi was too but I didn't use Wicked Dolls or Vesilisa so I donno if I'll like them.. :mellow: I'm also considering Jakob lynch and Pandora but reading the PMF wiki she's kinda horribly complex and giving me a headache.. I like Lynch cuz he's a gambler and can use supernatural forces to manipulate the Fate Deck which is kinda cool but I'm dissapointed in the fact his only attack is a gun he is shown using telikenisis on cards so why not shoot people with elderitch powered up cards? Oh well.. Still I can't decide which of these monsters to pick..

• Like 1

You should probably check out what the total soulstone cost each box is, you can start off doing introductory games at around 30SS but you'll want to get up to 50 as soon as possible since some masters/models don't work so great at that level. There was a thread around somewhere that listed the soulstone value of all the released boxes, so you might be able to dig that up.

Also, remember a Master is for life, not just for Christmas. 

roughly, off the top of my head collodis box has the most SS not inc upgrades. roughly 32ss... and the most models for that matter. 

I reckon stick with Collodi; you know you like him and he's one of the coolest masters in the game anyways. You can also buy all the effigies!!! 
Come to think of it i'll prob be asking for the master of puppets for xmas too  :D

The dolls and Vas bring even more denial shenanigans as well as fun movement buffs. so if you enjoyed the marionettes , you'll prob like wicked dolls. 

Edited by tollstar_deluxe

Of the two I would probably go with the models you enjoyed most since christmas break is when you have time to give models a decent paintjob. 

Both should be straightforward enough to learn and they have some overlap in which models they like (depending on how you play them).