Nicodem general strategy question

qoob

Hello guys!

It's me again. I need some help understanding Nicodem to use him more efficiently. I'm always using Mortimer before I activate Nicodem to generate a few corpse Counters at the beginning. The rest of the crew is spreading out depending on the strategy/scheme. So after turn one, my whole crew is not in 6" range to Nicodem anymore (besides Mortimer and the summoned minion(s)). Is it supposed to be that way? Or should I try to keep up with the rest of the Crew? - The reason I'm asking is that I have corpse counters scattered around everywhere towards the end of the game and Nicodem is out of range.

I hope you can help me out.

Thank you in advance!

Greetings,
qoob

Nicodem naturally will be behind his crew and behind the centerline typically IME. He can use a walk action to move up, but that is best used giving Fast to models, healing them, or summoning more in. His and Mortimer's AP are at a premium. Typically I use a belle to Lure them up forward early on, then use the Belle to pull things into his circle of death. 

It doesn't really matter if Nico's models are not within 6" of him, only the ones that you are summoning so that you can avoid them having Slow.  You can also summon up to 10" away so you can summon models outside of the bubble if you need to (a model with 1AP is better than no model at all) and if you really need them to have 2AP then give them Fast with Cast Rigor Mortis.  The support he gives models Df/Ml within the bubble is nice but generally with Nico you'll be summoning things into play then sending them off to do their own thing wherever they are needed.

As to the corpse markers being all over the place towards the end of the game I wouldn't be too concerned.  Generally Nico spends the first three turns summoning and the last two doing whatever he can to make himself useful.  Late game summons do happen but generally you'll just get those from the markers that Mortimer provides.    You can also discard markers within 8" of Nico if you want to get his full heals off.

• Like 1

Or you can buy the vulture, who can eitehr ferry the corpse counters, or be used to Draw range and LOS for the summoning. 

Are you findign you need those corpse counters? If so then maybe you need to keep the crew a little more together. If you aren't needing those counters, then it doesn't matter. There isn't a right way to play, there is a way that you find effective. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...