November 16th - Black Friday

Lucidicide

As Aaron said, an article is coming on how Aionus' base was created. As the one who worked on that model/paint job I can confirm that the example was indeed a stock PVC version like the ones you guys will receive.

Yes, the material is a bit tougher than their usual but the mold lines are placed in such a way that it isn't too tedious to remove them. I think I spent maybe 20 minutes cleaning him up. 

I do apologize if my basework was misleading as to what's included in the kit. They asked me to do my very best on this one and I got a bit carried away with it :P However, I promise it's a relatively simple process to recreate and full details will be available soon.

• Like 6

@Aaron or @Justin, can you say what station Aionus is? With a name like that, I'm assuming either Henchman or Master.

Well, they listed him as a Merc on that thing, so I assume Father Time isn't a Master.  I mean I guess a Master could have the Merc stat, but that would be meaningless as far as I understand :P  My vote is for Peon, he probably isn't too important, 10th anniversary, pfft, what evez.

As Aaron said, an article is coming on how Aionus' base was created. As the one who worked on that model/paint job I can confirm that the example was indeed a stock PVC version like the ones you guys will receive.

Yes, the material is a bit tougher than their usual but the mold lines are placed in such a way that it isn't too tedious to remove them. I think I spent maybe 20 minutes cleaning him up. 

I do apologize if my basework was misleading as to what's included in the kit. They asked me to do my very best on this one and I got a bit carried away with it :P However, I promise it's a relatively simple process to recreate and full details will be available soon.

Good job on it :)

I'll be looking forward to seeing the guide.  The only issue I have then is that, since it's not "part" of the model, I hate copying things like that, it's like stealing someone's unique creation, ya know?  But we'll see.. you are making a guide for how to, so maybe it'll be the way to go ;)

I would prefered alternative models just on sale to pick them or not without forcing me to reach 150$ or 300$...thats very disapointing.

Also surprised me that alternative Colette is not avaible anymore when DC Corhypee is. I will cross fingers for have it avaible as "last time news" :)

Greatly appreciate Wyrd releasing the Black Friday offerings however can't agree with the above more.

As a 1st ed player that already owned most of the available crews in metal (along with a healthy amount in plastic) prior to the edition switch, the offering of the Fire Starter and Barbaros as purchase incentives irks the hell out of me. Wyrd made a conscious decision to offer previously unavailable in metal models only in the new plastic crew boxes instead of singly. It was irritating but something I could accept due to possible high manufacturing costs. Offering these as purchase incentives for Black Friday blows that defense out of the water though.

I will again ask Wyrd to extend an olive branch to the first edition players that are still around or returning to the game (as well as those new players that purchased metal crews due to lack of option in plastic early on, and retailers that still have metal stock to try and move) and consider making these available singly without having to purchase $300.00 worth of other stuff. I am not asking for them free, more than willing to pay for them, but think it is unreasonable for Wyrd to expect us to either purchase an entire crew box for the one model we need or hope to find them on a non-existent secondary market without having to pay as much as a crew box. It makes it extremely difficult to support companies that consistently do things like this.

I guess the only bright side is that perhaps these alternates may create an otherwise non-existent secondary market for the regular Barbaros and Fire Starter models.

Realize it is probably to late to do anything about Black Friday but perhaps in the future as a Wyrd Store direct option.

• Like 5

How can you make me so happy and so sad at the same time? Well, onto the logical part I guess. It looks like the coryphee is very fragile and also touching so I am having a hard time imagining how to separate them and attach them without damaging and having them look wonky. So I'll need two. 

Question, how many gators are in the box?

Yeah... I would have loved to snag Alt-Barbaros (personally the only nephilim sculpt I like), but $300 is not at all economically feasible.  Hell, I probably won't even hit $150.  I've actually never been a fan of the high order rewards due to the fact that I can never afford them, and buying them on eBay after the fact isn't in the realm of reasonable affordability either when they sell for well over $40 for things like the alt-bayou gremlin.

That aside, I plan on snagging Insidious Madness, Sammi Lacroix, and Aionus at least.  Depending on the renders I may get the nightmare/nephilim twins, and if my love of purple beats out my hatred for buying the same thing twice, I'll get the special Lynch crew.

I am shocked at the lack of crazy colored Dark Carnival option! I am am also shocked at the price of the the other special editions. They are reasonable this time, how nice. But really, everything else is a meh. Also, not sure why everyone is freaking out about the freebies, like freebies never show up in other promos, ever. Like Wyrd is going to send out the armor Barbaros and then toss out the left overs. Come on guys, how long we been fans of Wyrd games? Anyone remember the "special" edition sniper from last year? 

Edited by LordZombie
  • Like 2

*Looks at list of releases.*

*Raises an eyebrow and smiles when reading about the guild hounds.*

*Re-reads list, turns over the list, shakes list."

*Mutters something about Whitchling handlers*

The biggest surprise is that my bank account will not turn into a black hole.  :)

/C 

• Like 4

Yeah, will be skipping this one. I can get anything on that list by March, without paying the huge shipping cost. Wasn't going to spend 150$ on non-Wave 3 stuff anyway.

Well, I guess this birthday sale is aimed at new players who don't have lots of stuff already. Good for them. Doesn't hurt my wallet to not be the target audience for once.

• Like 3

Thanks Solkan, I might be going senile to have forgotten that many previews. :P

Probably because I'm new to Malifaux but this is great in my eyes.
I'm going for the translucent kaeris and lynch crews for sure.

I like the nightmare coryphee, pity I wasn't playing when the carnival was available.

Can anyone tell me, do any of the products on the webstore during this sale count towards the $300 for all 4 alt models?

As there are rulebooks and models that are already released I will need more than the other things in this promotion.

Well I'm very happy with the release list. Ressers are getting some long awaited models, and it may be time to start that Raspi crew...

Won't get anywhere near $300 for alt Dr, but the firestarter is sooo much better than the standard sculpt.

@Pete Zero, anything in your basket should count towards your rewards during the sale, so definitely worth getting some extra stuff if you're interested in the bonus models

Glad the LE stuff isn't Outcast specific, I won't lose any sleep over not being able to afford them. Was hoping for a shot at TTB Hannah. Oh well.

On the other hand, I'm happy to see Ashes & Dust available and Ainous is a pleasant surprise.

Edited by Hatchethead

Very good releases! I need some of them :)

What about cards print quality for new release..?? Cards inside Nightmare Dark Carnival were asimmetric.. And many others have a different size compared to previous ones.

These new releases are sold in their normal box or in a clear plastic envelope..? During last Black Friday half products I bought arrived without box. Not a problem, but I like artwork :)

WYR20228 - Datsue Ba & Seishen - $30.00
    WYR20332 - Snow Storm - $35.00
    WYR20330 - Blessed of December - $16.00
    WYR20227 - Shikome - $16.00
    WYR20527 - Sue - $11.00
    WYR20329 - Angelica - $11.00
    WYR20328 - Gunsmiths - $18.00
    WYR20333 - Silent Ones - $18.00
    WYR20229 - The Drowned - $21.00
    WYR20528 - Ashes & Dust - $35.00
    WYR20429 - Lelu & Lilitu - $18.00
    WYR20230 - Dead Doxies - $18.00

+aionus

Hum nearly 300.... it will be easy to do 300.... My bank account hates you. è_é

Probably because I'm new to Malifaux but this is great in my eyes.
I'm going for the translucent kaeris and lynch crews for sure.

I like the nightmare coryphee, pity I wasn't playing when the carnival was available.

Can anyone tell me, do any of the products on the webstore during this sale count towards the $300 for all 4 alt models?

As there are rulebooks and models that are already released I will need more than the other things in this promotion.

I would think it all counts.  One word of warning though, you may want to avoid getting the rulebooks from the US in this sale as books really make a difference to the shipping (due to weight).  But if you are ok with the hike, then go for it!

• Like 1