November 9 - Guild Sergeant

Lucidicide

The sculpt will likely grow on me.

Sorry.....not me. Another boring static pose...what's with the weird sword? And that beard?

I like his face....around the eyes.....but that's about it. 

Yeah, maybe you are right... we get two in a pack right?, do we ever need two on the tabletop?  Heres hoping for a dynamic second sculpt!

Well he looks a lot better than the art.

The sash I think looks out of place in Guild (at least compared to the lack of decorations that Captain Dashel has). 

edit: actually think just how dressed up and old he looks seems really out of place for Guild. 

Edited by wizuriel

The beard totally ruins it for me, it takes him from grizzled old veteran to Santa Claus. I also think Guardsman models would have benefited immensely from a more unified look, now they are all over the place.

I assume that it will be a two pack (as they are rare 2) and wonder if the other guy will look like the art on the card in Crossroads. I notice that there are 2 cards in arsenal w2, does one look like this guy?

• Like 1

The beard and scimitar style sword give him a really middle eastern look

From my understanding the Guild is a non-discriminatory employer. It did start as a coalition of world mages, from West to Far East, so it;d make sense it'd be primarily (of course within reason..it is XIXc organization) discriminating for skill. 

• Like 1

I mostly like him, but feel like, as is often the case, the static head would be a very minor change that would allow for a much nicer mini- a slight turn to either side would give him movement and make him look more in a combat zone (since presenting your whole body front on is about the worst thing you can do to avoid getting hit).

Also a little odd that he has such a serious sword with no scabbard.

I really like the face with the eastern/hispanic style beard. I got the feeling the guild guards were hispanic when I started out so I don't have any guardsmen beside Dashel painted caucasian. I wouldn't mind if he was drawing his sword and had a bit more of a braced or walking pose though.

He does seem like he is in dress uniform and/or outranking Dashel vastly. The epaulets might be a tad much, how about smaller gloves and details on the foldup of his jacket sleeves, that should bring him more in line with the rest of the guardsmen since they have foldup jacket sleeves. 

The overcoat also lacks definition around the waist in my eyes as well as not having buttons. Adding something to make it more jacket and less cape would be a big boost to the back of the model (which is the side I most frequently see when playing with them).

The sword is a lot better than an axe to me, I'd rather see them ship with new stat cards to fix that instead of giving axes to the models.