Greshthecat

Just got the swamp swamp hag set for my gremlin crew. so far she looks pretty awesome especially with the Bad Jujus incredible strength. I was reading through zoridas car and noticed she could summon in other miniatures with a WP of under 4 and the stat Mercenary attribute, are there any card that fit that description.

thanks

She can't summon them. She can hire any models with a wp of 4 or less as if they were mercenaries. So that means you still have to obey all the merc rules, IE no more than 2 mercs allowed in a crew, and each costs 1 more SS than the base price.

I forget if the M2E version can only do so to living models, or if I'm remembering the 1E version.

Edited by Fetid Strumpet
  • Like 1

People have compiled a list of Enthrall targets on PullMyFinger which you can read via this link

As of Shifting Loyalties, she can also hire Wind Gamin and Winged Plague although given Enthrall adds a Merc tax, you probably will not be availing of these options.

I forget if the M2E version can only do so to living models, or if I'm remembering the 1E version.

It is indeed Living models only.

• Like 1

In Which models can hire out of faction and for what? thread I made a list of models Zoraida can hire via her Tarot Reading Upgrade or Enthrall Ability. The list differes for Neverborn and for Gremlins.

Here is the list of models Gremlin Zoraida (a.k.a. Gremraida) can hire out of faction as if they had the Mercenary Characteristic via Enthrall Ability:

• Papa Loco (Guild Enforcer, Living, Rare 1; Family, Tormented)
  • Nurse (Resurrectionist Minion, Living; Tormented)
  • Silurid (Neverborn Minion, Living; Beast, Swampfiend)
  • Desperate Mercenary (Outcast Minion, Living, Mercenary)
  • Ototo (Ten Thunders Henchman, Living, Rare 1; Last-Blossom)
  • Samurai (Ten Thunders Enforcer, Living)
  • Malifaux Raptor (Arcanist Peon, Living, Rare 3; Beast)
  • Silent One (Arcanist Minion, Living)
  • Gupps (Neverborn Minion, Living; Beast, Swampfiend, Swarm)
  • Iggy (Neverborn Enforcer, Living, Rare 1; Woe, Lost)
  • The Depleted (Neverborn Minion, Living; Brilliance, Darkened)
  • Wind Gamin (Arcanist Minion, Living; Gamin)
  • The Winged Plague (Outcast Minion, Living; Vermin)

If you are interested, here is the link: Zoraida.

I would also advise you against hiring Bad Juju in Gremlins.
The model is balanced around it's Neverborn exclusive Upgrade Eternal Fiend that allows him to be Buried instead of being killed (and to begin the game Buried instead of being deployed) and then, when a Swampfiend model is killed, sacrificed or buried you can Unbury him.
Eternal Fiend solves Bad Juju's two main problems. He is very slow, so being able to unbury him from a killed Swampfiend Minion you deployed near your opponents Deployment Zone (Tarot Reading Upgrade) helps immensely. And even though Bad Juju has Regeneration +2, Terrifying (Living) 13 and Hard to Wound +1 Abilities, which are great defensive Abilites, and has pseudo defensive Actions - he can cause the Paralyzed and Slow Conditions, his Df 3 means, that he will die very quickly, if your opponent focuses on him.
This is the reason why I, personally, would never hire Bad Juju in Gremlins. In my opinion, you can either play him as a bad 8 SS model or great 10 SS model (with Eternal Fiend Upgrade and some, preferably cheap, Swampfiends like Gupps or a Bayou Gator).
And even though Gremlins do have some amazing Upgrades like Dirty Cheater (that allows you to heal 1 damage when you cheat during the model's Activation) or Hide in the Mud (the model is always considered to be in Soft Cover) it is not enough to make him worth his 8 SS (plus the Upgrade cost).

Any questions you have, ask :)

Edited by Phinn
  • Like 1

Nurses are a very good choice for Zoraida. They have an action that inflicts some powerful conditions with an upside and downside. You can use them on the voodoo doll so that you are guaranteed to hit. Also, one of the triggers heals all wounds and inflicts paralyse. You can use this on the voodoo doll to just paralyse the hemmed enemy, or on Lenny to heal him up because he is immune to conditions.

• Like 1

Juju not really working without his upgrade makes me sad.  Like we missed his costing during phase 1 beta.  If he only cost 7 but his upgrade were 3 (so same cost for the package) do you think he'd see more play on our side?

The thing is, you also have to pay 2 SS for Tarot Reading Upgrade to be able to hire him since he is Neverborn. Only Zoraida and Voodoo Doll are Neverborn/Gremlins.

And if you are not hiring him for the bury/unbury trick, what is his purpouse in the Crew? Eternal Fiend not only solves two of his problems, as I already wrote, but it also adds pseudo durability to your other Swampfiends. If Bad Juju is buried, your opponent will have to think twice before killing any of your Swampfiend models. By the way, the trick works not only when the model is killed, but also sacrificed or buried and it reads "When a Swampfiend model..." this means yours or your opponent's.
I already wrote about Bad Juju's defensive features, now to his offensive ones. He has (1) Attack Action that is Ml 6, Rg: 
:melee2 and has damage track of 2/5/7. He has Flurry and (0) Tactical Action that can inflict 2 damage (and the Slow Condition) in :pulse3. That's amazing, but how are you going to get him into action? You can Obey him to walk or even Hem him with Voodoo Doll and Push him via Dance, Puppet, but at that moment, your opponent will probably focus and kill him.
But why am I writing about this, if I wanted to hire a tanky model, I would probably rather hire a Waldgeist for 6 SS (even though they are slow as well, they can be deployed asi if they had From the Shadows Ability via Hexed Among You Upgrade). If I wanted an offensive model, I would hire Francois LaCroix or... well, Gremlins definitely don't suffer from shortage of offensive models.

So me, and I can't stress this enough, personally, no, I wouldn't hire Bad Juju in Gremlins, not even for 7 SS. Lack of Eternal Fiend Upgrade, Df 3 and Wk 4 and necessity of Tarot Reading Upgrade are the reasons.

But to be honest, I do envy you so much models, that it isn't even funny :D Francois and Sammy LaCroix, Trixiebelle, Mancha Roja and Pigapult as such. 6 SS Rooster Riders with their Roostercharge Ability, 4 SS Piglets and 9 SS Warpigs with their Pigcharge Ability - all without Mercenary tax and 2 model restriction of Zoraida's Enthrall Ability.

The Nurses and Iggy are good buys with Gremlin Zoraida and synergize well with her voodoo doll shenanigans. I would also highly recommend the Waldgeists box for durability. The new Rooster Riders can replace Silurids when they come out too unless you really want to use Hexed Among You.

I agree Bad Juju is not worth it without his Neverborn upgrade. Swap him out for Lenny (for buffs), McTavish (if running lots of swampfiends), or you can do Gluttony (for more condition and scheme marker shenanigans). Sammy works well with Zoraida too.

Edited by D6Damager

People have compiled a list of Enthrall targets on PullMyFinger which you can read via this link

As of Shifting Loyalties, she can also hire Wind Gamin and Winged Plague although given Enthrall adds a Merc tax, you probably will not be availing of these options.

It is indeed Living models only.

For 2e its only living :(. wish you could use undead still.