How do you run Hunters?

Hagisman

In my last couple of games I've been realizing that my Hunter placement at the end of game has greatly affected my results. Specifically for Interference, where I manage to forget that my Hunter is getting me VP and I push him towards either an enemy model or near the 6 inch centerline because its closer to my opponent's nearest model.

I just forget that they aren't just melee killing machines with chain harpoons. And that they can do other things as well.

How do you guys run hunters?

I usually use them independently on their own flank to hunt schemers. They are also nice for slowing scary stuff. I still tend to forget the end of turn push half the time when I play, but can't really get it to make a huge difference when I do remember it.

I love Hunters.  Tough enough to pack and take a punch, mobile enough to be where they are needed, cheap enough that you can leave them scheme running without getting overrun elsewhere.  I usually put them out wide on the flanks where nothing is going to be getting in the way of their pushes.  They're enough of a pain in the neck to kill that you can often drop opposing scheme runners, but if you need them disengaged then you can always push them back out of melee at the end of the turn to run off and do whatever you need them for at the start of the following turn.  Also, applying slow on hit is amazing.

We do nice jobs when running in pairs^^. Joke aside, but two Hunters are good for hiding models behind them outside enemies LoS.

Hunter is, when well placed, more or less a 3 AP monster. His push at turns end allowes him to ride his (0) action again. It`s like you said also good for bring him in position for Squatters Right and similar schemes. Run him with Hoffmann, put Nimble on him and use him as masters taxi, push him with The Judge and bring the downspeeding fear to the enemy force. He can run and cover a flank or if in the center of the table he forces the opponent to evade. So he is very versatile.

I usually use them independently on their own flank to hunt schemers. They are also nice for slowing scary stuff. I still tend to forget the end of turn push half the time when I play, but can't really get it to make a huge difference when I do remember it.

It actually is great in Reconnoiter as you can go between table quarters after your oponent finishes. But I tend to forget it too ;)