Faction/Masters own vs play

D_acolyte

Right now I own 4 factions: Neverborn, Reser, Arcanists, and Ten Thunders

Before the world wide campaign I played Neverborn most focusing on Dreamer, Pandora and Lilith. I also own Lynch and Collodi.

I am now doing resers and I have played Molly the most recently but I own Kirai and Tara as well

I own Lynch and Mai for 10 Thunders and plan on getting Shenlong.

Arcanist wise I am only missing Ramos and played them all through first Ed. I like Karis and Mai the most of them.

So far Outcasts only  - all masters except Misaki. Now it is Hamelin's time - I'll use him for next 4-5 games and then I'll alternate them so none will be used twice in the row.

The plan is to start either Gremlins or Dreamer only but that would require some search of hard to find models like Stitched Together or Insidious Madness. We'll see what the future brings :D

Technically speaking, I own 4 factions. However, my Outcast & Rezzer collection consists of an unassembled Tara box, and my Ten Thunders is an unassembled Mei Feng box. Effectively, I just have Arcanists so far.

I own all the Arcanist masters except Colette, but haven't assembled Mei Feng or Kaeris yet. My most-played masters are Rasputina and Ramos, and I've only played Marcus twice so far. 

Eventually, I plan on picking up Colette to finish out my Arcanists, then Seamus, Molly, & McMourning for Rezzers. Maybe I'll pick up the Viks or Von Schill for Outcasts along the way, too. 

I am a collector and have scooped up all the factions, all the masters. Of course, I haven't played a lot of it.

• Neverborn - The faction I was least interested in became my favorite faction in M2E after reading the fluff. I played Lilith extensively last year to practice up for Masters at Adepticon and then am playing Neverborn in two campaigns I have running for the Nythera event. All masters played, but I gravitate towards Lilith and Pandora first, Dreamer and Collodi second.
  • Arcanists - My first faction back before M2E, I played mostly Rasputina and Mei Feng. Tried Marcus and Ramos both a few times and I've gotten Ironsides on the table once. Only played Kaeris when she was just a Henchmen and still haven't had Colette on the table.
  • Ten Thunders - The faction that would have been my first if it had been released when I started playing. Misaki was my favorite master before discovering Neverborn, and I got several games with her. I've had Lynch and McCabe on the table, but not as 10T. Yan Lo I only played in first edition. Still haven't played Brewmaster or Shen Long though.
  • Guild - My least favorite faction, but I've played all of the masters, though only once each during an achievement league. I've played Justice a couple of more times, but that's about it for Guild.
  • Outcasts - The Viks and Tara have been on the table a few times each and Leveticus once, but otherwise not much here. Never tried Hamelin, Von Schill or Jack Daw, and I don't even have them assembled yet (still on the sprue).
  • Ressurectionists - Probably the faction I will get more into after Nythera. I've played Kirai and Molly a couple times, but that's it except for dual-faction masters I've played as other factions. Nicodem interests me, but not had him on the table, while I've never really felt a spark towards Seamus. Got him assembled though, so I'm sure he'll see playtime sometime.
  • Gremlins - Never played with any of the gremlins to date, and nearly all of them except for Ophelia are still on the sprue. I have mixed feelings about these guys... some like Ophelia are appealing, and the fluff on Wong and Mah Tucket made me a big fan, but the silliness of the faction makes it harder to be a fan. They're a little too slapstick for my tastes, which is probably why Ophelia and Brewmaster were really the only ones I cared about until reading more fluff.

For serious play though, it's really down to Lilith, Pandora, Rasputina, Misaki and Mei Feng. None of the others have been on the table often enough to count.

• Like 1

I own a single faction which is Guild... ok it's gremlins ofc

I own and play Som'er (about 60-70% of the time) and Zoraida* (maybe 10% of the time). I play Mah (the other 20-30%) and very very occasionally Wong and even more occasionally Brewie through either Vassal or proxying (most recently, Mah was represented by my beautiful Turf Marker).

I technically also own Ophelia, but she's sitting on my desk unprimed, unpainted and without a base, and importantly, she's missing an arm which I had to take for my Sammy conversion. She's also missing two young LaCroixs, who are serving as conversions of Old Cranky and Sammy.

Sometimes I am slightly tempted to revisit my beautiful shirtless friend, Von Schill, or maybe play a little Guild, but for every master and every game I just look back at my lovely gremlin children and think "ok but I could just be playing gremlins right now" and then I play gremlins because they're the best. Maybe one day I'll be persuaded. For now, Som'er is just too versatile.

* astute readers will notice that I wrote that I only own a single faction, but have zoraida. Her crew box is dual faction, but I literally only own her and the voodoo doll. I had an agreement with a friend who hates gremlins and wants nothing to do with 'em. We split the box :D

Edited by Dogmantra
  • Like 1

Own Lynch and Rasputina. Playing Lynch actually and I have to say I like his crew very much! Not played Rasputina in M2E yet. Played some Lady J while waiting/completing my Lynch stuff (mostly Arsenal Decks and spare cards, as stuff I own was spread among 4 bloody decks ^^), but ended selling the Crew because 1) I do not plan to play Guild and 2) I already own the metal "undead" version of the very same crew, in case the itch will ever catch me again. Sitting in a box atm. Also owned Mei Feng, newer built her. Ended up gifting the box to a friend to thank him for a favor.
So, actually I own three and play one.

Generally speaking, I am a hoarder. I always had purchased way more than I was able to play. In more recent times I'm trying, with some degree of success, to moderate and better plan my purchases. Wallet is happier, and me is less stressed by guilt from the big storage boxes full of unassembled stuff I used to fill at a insane rate in the past.

Edited by Gabbi

I'll state if I play them or not, otherwise consider them owned and actively played when I declare a faction

Guild - Perdita (One of my first M2E masters, I picked her up remembering how it felt to be beat by her in the first edition)

Arcanist - Ramos, (Ramos was my first master ever, I'm coming back around to him now, just waiting to put more models together for effectiveness), Rasputina (Tons of fun, but fairly static list choices it seems like. On a winning streak with her and likely taking her to an upcoming tournament paired with Ramos), Collette (haven't played yet)

Resser - Yan Blow (My first M2E master played, I dislike him and he is currently shelved due to performance issues), Seamus (new acquisition, but very old hat to playing against him and his tricks), Nicodem/Kirai (not yet played, recent auction windfalls)

Outcasts - Hamelin (Shelved atm due to player performance issues. I'm revising some lists and tinkering to try bringing out the potential I see in him. Makes for longer games atm though which doesn't help.)

Neverborn - Collodi, Lynch, Pandora (Collodi is by far my most-played NB master atm, but Lynch is quickly making himself known as I get more comfortable with him. Pandy is sadly one of my least played masters out of everyone just because her playstyle has dropped off somewhat for me.)

Ten Thunders - Lynch/Yan Lo (I don't play either as Ten Thunders currently, Lynch may change after I get the next master...), Shen Long (unplayed, a Christmas gift I know is incoming that I'm excited to try but have not received yet.)

Edited by enderwiggin
Updated with new masters.

• 1 month later...

I play a mix of outcast, arcanist and neverborn. 

Unassembled

Colette, Tara, keiris, hamlin

Stuff I play

Ramos, raspy, Lynch, levitivus 

Lynch is probably the one I play the most, I'd like to get more neverborn stuff, but he just has such a wide variety of options and play styles, I don't feel I need other masters. Though I'd like to get luscious for scheme heavy pools. I've kinda left it to focus on getting stuff for the other factions. 

Once the rest of my stuff gets put together, I should have good scheme pool coverage for the 3 factions. 

I have...alot of the Masters from all 7 factions. Currently it's 33/39 painted, although two more are either on their way or awaiting some paint. :)

Do I play them all? Hell no, who's got the time for that? :D Right now I'm sticking with Ten Thunders, currently McCabe but I've been messing with all six of them on and off (I don't have Brewmaster...yet). At some point though, I'll switch to a different faction (I'm usually threatening to every other week) or even just embrace the chaos and pick a new Master every game.