Need help with a grow list

Couchmonster

There's a local event coming up next month using fixed lists @ 35ss & I'm thinking that I would like to try out a grow list for this event (been itching to try one out & this seems like a prime opportunity).

The trouble I'm having is that I usually play 50ss & so it's hard to judge what works well at this size as I've played 35ss since 1st edition. I've come up with three fairly similar iterations & could use some advice from experienced growers.

List #1

Lilith -- 5ss
 +Beckon Malifaux - 1ss
 +Living Blade - 2ss
 +Rapid Growth - 1ss

Primordial Magic - 2ss

Nekima - 13ss
 +The True Mother - 2ss
 +Nexus Of Power - 1ss

Terror Tot - 4ss

Terror Tot - 4ss

Terror Tot - 4ss

List #2

Lilith -- 7ss
 +Beckon Malifaux - 1ss
 +Living Blade - 2ss
 +On Wings of Darkness - 1ss

Primordial Magic - 2ss

Barbaros - 10ss
 +Obsidian Talons - 1ss
 +Rapid Growth - 1ss

Terror Tot - 4ss

Terror Tot - 4ss

Young Nephilim - 6ss

List #3

Nekima -- 4ss
 +The True Mother - 2ss
 +Nexus Of Power - 1ss

Primordial Magic - 2ss

Barbaros - 10ss
 +Rapid Growth - 1ss
 +Nephilim Gladiatus - 1ss

Terror Tot - 4ss

Terror Tot - 4ss

Young Nephilim - 6ss

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts :)

List 1 would be best with some small modifications. If you want to pump Lilith to her strongest, give Lilith her third great upgrade, Wicked Mistress. This ensures you get the best out of her. Out Growth on Nekima instead of the Nexus, she wants to be the True Mother anyways, and is very hard to answer on 35 SS. If this weren't a Growth list, I would also take the Doppelganger, that girl (mimic? thing?) is lovely :P

At 35ss we usually do not take a Master, so having to pay for Nekima at that soulstone level complicates the growth list a bit.

What i typically run is:

Nekima (The True Mother and Mimic's Blessing), Black Blood Shaman, Young Nephilim and 4 tots. 3 SS in the pool.

The synnergy between Nekima and the BBS is good, offensively speaking of course, and if you manage your cards well, you can heal Nekima with the pustule or simply focus on summoning a tot or two during the game ( good for scheme oriented games).  This crew will have trouble if it faces enemies that are immune to black blood, or if it can kill Nekima easily (ex. Rail Golem, Desolation Engine, Ironsides, etc..)

Barbaros and Youngs work well with Lilith if you go for a "push & pounce" theme, along with her "wicked mistress" upgrade, although if you really want him in a growth list, make him leader so Nekima can kill him when needed and get Melee Master for the last turn(s). Youngs do have a place in growth list with their auto push or paralysis.

Edited by Sybaris