October 12th - Guild Hound

Lucidicide

Same sort of stupid poses as the Canine remains had. Well actually even more so the left down one being the dumbest stance of all 4 of these and the Canine remains. 

Apart from that they look quite nice. One being the same as the metal one is a bit disappointing though. 

• Like 1

The things they have on their throats looks really impractical. But shouldn't be too hard to trim away most of it.

nice bit of throat protection though...  If you ever see two dogs going at it, that's usually the sweet spot!

Also the dog can only face forward and do nothing with that thing. So there's that..

The things they have on their throats looks really impractical. But shouldn't be too hard to trim away most of it.

nice bit of throat protection though...  If you ever see two dogs going at it, that's usually the sweet spot!

Also the dog can only face forward and do nothing with that thing. So there's that..

There looks to be just a double strap around the neck, so really it should follow the head.

Edited by Da O&F Git

How I have waited for these precious little pups! I seem to remember these threads being meant for constructive criticism so here goes:

Please please please leave me something to pin to the base! The little dirt mounds I can work with but the upper right one doesn't look fun to base.

The lower left one is posed kind of awkwardly in my eyes, looks a little too acrobatic for my taste.

How I have waited for these precious little pups! I seem to remember these threads being meant for constructive criticism so here goes:

Please please please leave me something to pin to the base! The little dirt mounds I can work with but the upper right one doesn't look fun to base.

The lower left one is posed kind of awkwardly in my eyes, looks a little too acrobatic for my taste.

http://www.pet-happy.com/files/up/2011/02/dog-escaping-by-jumping-over-fence.jpg

http://www.warrenphotographic.co.uk/photography/bigs/02679-Dog-jumping-white-background.jpg

01129-Dog-jumping-multiple-image-white-b

• Like 1

Having just spent a weekend with a bunch of playful dogs I've seen real-life versions of all these poses and I think they're pretty well captured (the lower left one looks like he's just jumped off the back of a truck, which is at least true to life).

I will say there's no way in heck you could get those vambrace-style things to stay on an active dog's front legs for any length of time, and I think they're the weakest part of the four sculpts. I sort of hope they're separate optional pieces.

• Like 1

Does the dog in the lower left corner have an eye patch?

No, it's a cage placed over the eye to protect that vulnerable part. As for the gorget that the hounds are wearing, they're a little baroque, but not too out of line.

Right I can fix that with a little green stuff. Time to make a BA pirate dog to go with the tomb raiding McCabe.

• Like 1

They look great!  For those that don't like the neck guards they should be easily trimmed or filed.

I think what I like most about them is that they should be easily convertable for anyone wanting to add some Neverborn-type decoration for Corrupted Hound conversions!

There looks to be just a double strap around the neck, so really it should follow the head.

Really? 

Apparently those dogs had a specific 'medical procedure' recently :D

As for sculpts - because I was spoiled by the previous Resser sneak peeks I can honestly say I'm not impressed with those dogs.

Protecting the throat might be useful against certain animals, but would be rather low priority against humans or certain other animals.

Apparently those dogs had a specific 'medical procedure' recently :D

Exactly, it reminds me too much of a vet collar. But trimmed down it could go from being in the way to only being niche armour.

Having just spent a weekend with a bunch of playful dogs I've seen real-life versions of all these poses and I think they're pretty well captured (the lower left one looks like he's just jumped off the back of a truck, which is at least true to life).

I didn't mean it was impossible for dogs to ever be in that pose, just that I didn't fancy it as a model. I think I'm an odd duck on these forums in that regard, I very often want less dynamic poses rather than more. If that was you somehow posting that picture then massive props for taking the time to do that! When the models hit the table they might grow on me, that's what usually happens. ;) 

• Like 1