Hayreddin worth it?

doombladez

I'm curious what the first thoughts around Hayreddin are? I really like the character and his card is pretty useful looking, especially at 7ss. Flight and Wk 6 make for a reasonably mobile model, and he isn't shabby at shooting, which is nice for a Resser model. Then his (0) action looks to be pretty useful in a lot of circumstances, and the flexibility on it is nice. I wouldn't take him in every game but if you need a mobile objective runner who can fight a bit I could see him being handy. 

I looked at him and said the other way, if I needed a relatively solo model that does damage I would take him or if I got one where people tend to bunch up like turf war I might consider him. I want as many enemies in his aura as possible and a few of me in it, through a good hard to wound model in to of set the aura.

I've tried him a few times with Molly and wasn't disappointed.  He can stand in her black blood circle for ranged support.  He's died every game around turn three or four, but worked great as a cruise missile into groups of models.  Target an important model like Lenny and splash black blood around before he goes down.  The vitality card draw was nice to give molly extra cards late in the turn.

I looked at him and said the other way, if I needed a relatively solo model that does damage I would take him or if I got one where people tend to bunch up like turf war I might consider him. I want as many enemies in his aura as possible and a few of me in it, through a good hard to wound model in to of set the aura.

I agree, that sounds like a good use for him. Squatter's Rights also looks good for him, send him off to claim one of the markers and dare your opponent to get in his bubble. 

He and Anna (née Lizzy) have some natural synergy as her ranged attack doesn't randomize. Get close to him and it gets easier for her to get moderate and severe for summoning.

Oooo, I hadn't noticed that about her shooting, I've been wanting to try her out too so matching her and Hayreddin together sounds like a great plan. Thanks Trumpet. 

Have used him in 2 campaign games so far, and the punch of that shotgun/slug trigger has proven very useful so far, as has the 6" place on his 0. The 4" aura has proven to be both very useful and very painful, a smart opponent with a great method of moving him around (say something like Lust, who apparently doesn't give a damn about Anna or her dress but that's another story), can really cause you some headaches.

If you think you'll have good use for his points on the outskirts, or definite ways to keep him where you want him, I say he's worth a look.

• 5 weeks later...