2015 Rotten Harvest Painting Competition

psychogeek

The PDF answered most of my questions, looks fun etc.

Just wonder what the starting point is going to be or can people submit works they have already completed or started? I am assuming if they have posted it online it rules them out etc but is the idea to start a mini and paint in the time period of the contest? 

Edited by trapthem

The PDF answered most of my questions, looks fun etc.

Just wonder what the starting point is going to be or can people submit works they have already completed or started? I am assuming if they have posted it online it rules them out etc but is the idea to start a mini and paint in the time period of the contest? 

No you cannot use already completed minis. We want fresh paint on the minis! And yes, if it has been posted somewhere else it is definitely not allowed. 

I can't wait to try this! 

I have a few ideas I'd love to give a shot, but not sure which category they'd belong... Still, plenty of time to think about it! 

I really look forward to seeing what you guys come up with! If you are still unsure what category they go in when you start to upload them, send me a pm and I will help you!

Ugh... I don't have time for this... but I'll probably try to whip something up for at least a couple categories.

I'm taking the "Trick or Treat" category as a sign that I should finally get my Jack Daw/Monty proxies done up.

---------------

Question: If I post pics of my submissions in my WIP/hobby thread on the forums before the voting date - does that count as disqualifying my submissions or is that only in regard to submitting your stuff in other painting competitions?

I don't want to wait a month and a half to post my pics of what I've done into my hobby thread if I don't have to.

Thanks.

am i allowed to send 2 pictures of the same model for one entry, so the front and back of the model can be seen, or do i have to take one pic and find the best angle?

Use a photo editing program (e.g. GIMP which is free) to concatenate pictures.

Example in the spoiler:

Rasputina_zpsbe70858c.jpg

• Like 2

The contest rules state everything must stay anonymous - no wips, no identification beforehand. Same for announcing what you will be painting.

Well... oops...

Okay, so... FYI... I am definently not painting anything related to Jack Daw or Montresor... just so that everyone is crystal clear on that. >8)

---------------

Here's the most important question - does everyone who submits at least one entry get a sexy forum badge of some kind? The answer to this question shall make or break my participation in said event. :)

Thanks.

EDIT: Fine then... 

Edited by SpectreEliteGaming
/poutyface
  • Like 1

I've never done any modification or customization of miniatures before, but had been inspired by the upcoming Halloween to make a "halloween" version of one of my crews to play at our FLGS that week. I'm excited to get home because most of the raw materials are supposed to be sitting in my mailbox right now per the tracking number.

If I "halloweened" a standard Malifaux crew, is that eligible for this? Not that my painting will win me any awards, I'm still fairly novice when it comes to that. Besides, like I said, first attempt at modifying miniatures. But I think entering it would get me good feedback and make sure I actually get it finished :)

I've never done any modification or customization of miniatures before, but had been inspired by the upcoming Halloween to make a "halloween" version of one of my crews to play at our FLGS that week. I'm excited to get home because most of the raw materials are supposed to be sitting in my mailbox right now per the tracking number.

If I "halloweened" a standard Malifaux crew, is that eligible for this? Not that my painting will win me any awards, I'm still fairly novice when it comes to that. Besides, like I said, first attempt at modifying miniatures. But I think entering it would get me good feedback and make sure I actually get it finished :)

Absolutely! just make sure to read the requirements and then paint away!

At the moment we can only work out one badge at a time - we are looking into another program that'll let us do so, but there seems to be some bugs in it at the moment and we're still playing with it. Idealy I would like to have it where you can get a few badges for participation, etc, just needs more tweaking which we haven't gotten sorted as of yet.

So short answer, no, not for the moment. Maybe if we can get it sorted at a later date.

• Like 1