The off-topic closed?

zFiend

That's interesting feedback.  Where practical we do tell someone why their post was removed. 

Given we need to remove offensive / problematic content, how would you suggest improving the situation?  

Only telling the person whose post was removed is exactly the poking the bear problem. No one else learns anything from that.

Who says you have to remove all offensive / problematic content? I can understand wanting to remove all racist/homophobic/sexist/etc posts, but I think it would be much more effective to not remove the angry/rude posts, but instead mod edit a tag there noting that that kind behavior is not tolerable. A "needlessly dismissive and confrontational" post is not likely offend anyone's sensibilities to the point of traumatizing them.

It would also make following threads where that kind of stuff has happened easier to follow for others as well. I don't think it's very likely that people would escalate further after that kind of mod intervention even if the rude text were left there.

• Like 4

I understand why Nathan & Co wanted to close the OTT, but I am gonna echo sentiments of others and say I'm not too pleased. I've made friends there and popping into the OTT throughout the day was always a joy. Can't say I've ever had the same level of interaction on other "anonymous" internet forum in a way that we've managed in the OTT. I've always felt it was pretty well self-moderated, everyone got along well, and the camaraderie extended to the real world (how's the 'kossu, Vik? :D) .

It's what kept me coming back to the Wyrd Forums (I'm lucky enough to have a large, local gaming group to talk Faux with). Not saying I'm rage-quitting, I'll probably just be less active on this place. 

Anyways, just my $0.02.

Edited by TehMik
  • Like 1

I completely agree with you CJ. I was moderated once or twice for things I'd said or derailment of threads and for us that often acted a little silly or cracked the odd light hearted joke on somewhat serious threads the OTT was a little sanctuary for us to do our thing without being disruptive to the rest of the community, we could discuss almost anything and often even though our topics became heated it was never malicious or derogatory. If a problem arose we'd discuss it privately, apologize if necessary and all would be well again.

I could accept that the OTT has been closed if we clearly understood why but I don't feel that a justifiable explanation has been given for the reasons why. The thread has run it's course and the forum no longer needs a random chat line doesn't really give us any answers. The explanation given basically felt like "Nathan doesn't want it here anymore so it's going" and that's not meant to be a pop at any of the Wyrd staff at all. I love Wyrd and their products and I love that the staff themselves get involved with us on the forums but I don't really understand what the primary issue of it was and obviously I'm not the only one. 

I would be greatly appreciate it if Aaron or Nathan or any of the staff / mods could perhaps shed some light on the reasons why they feel there is no longer a need for such a thread on the forums. 

• Like 3

It's what kept me coming back to the Wyrd Forums (I'm lucky enough to have a large, local gaming group to talk Faux with). Not saying I'm rage-quitting, I'll probably just be less active on this place. 

Anyways, just my $0.02.

Pretty much my viewpoint Mik, but I don't now have the gaming group around me to talk Faux with..so the outcome is unclear for me..with opponents becoming scarce and now my 'sanctuary' closed, I also think I will be coming here less...and likely give up Malifaux altogether.

It was only the guys in the OTT that kept the spark going and the Chat and PM things just don't work for me.

At least I can take away with me the fact that (not counting the initial and last mod posts) I was the first AND last poster in there. 

Originals out.

• Like 3

Pretty much my viewpoint Mik, but I don't now have the gaming group around me to talk Faux with..so the outcome is unclear for me..with opponents becoming scarce and now my 'sanctuary' closed, I also think I will be coming here less...and likely give up Malifaux altogether.

It was only the guys in the OTT that kept the spark going and the Chat and PM things just don't work for me.

At least I can take away with me the fact that (not counting the initial and last mod posts) I was the first AND last poster in there. 

Originals out.

Too bad it was Katy Perry and not Taylor. Vic being unable to Relic Hammer in reply would have been the ultimate burn. 

Thanks dude, you just cheered me up!

I have been hanging around you youngsters too long..I just used the word 'dude'...

• Like 3

Like the others have mostly better explained than me before, I am sad that the OTP has been closed, and I don't really get why. To me, the companionship in that thread was fine to have. Other threads you discuss something for a few posts, and then go after your point has been made. You don't really come back to them, or look them back up. 

Mostly, this feel like we are only allowed to discuss very specific things.

• Like 2

Rezzers make dead, half-rotten, headless bodies stand up. Dont you think, they can make it with a single piece of their own bodies?

That's the sub-faction in Rezzers called resserectionists that focus their studies in those parts. 

...and they'll be part of the upcoming TtB book "Under Quarantine".

2070519.jpg

• Like 2

Right.. So we are. Well at least it's own train that is getting derailed.. So damage control? 

At least, this thread is still open.

You really shouldn't tempt me like this. I have a ridiculous sense of irony.

Anyway, please don't turn this into a second off topic. We all know what will happen.