September 21 - Ashes and Dust

Lucidicide

I'm not making any official judgements until I see the plastics in person - I have a feeling it will suffer big time from Wyrd Plastic's lack of depth of detail - the fact that the renders show A&D's layers to be smooth is pretty forboding proof of this. I might have to detail it up myself or proxy with a huuuuuuge centerpiece... honestly I might just stick to the original.

Not to say that the concept isn't great - the clean cut concept of this one blows the original out of the water - I just feel I should have definently been a resin model with deep rocky/ashy/sandy recesses like the original but with this beautiful concept. 

If this ends up being another baby-smooth model like Plasty Chompy Bits, I'll probably just find myself a big hige centerpiece proxy (like a converted mourngul or something /shrug).

I'm starting to learn that I'm not a big fan of Wyrd Plastics when it comes to models that "should be" heavy detailed.

Already know I will not like Dust Storm - I actually really like the original dust storm so I'm cool with that.

You know what you should do? You should use Liquid Greenstuff in the way this guy is teaching us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK97CLGFwY4

He basically shows you how to use it to make things look much more sandy and rough. Would be perfect for a sandstorm.

• 1 month later...

Any clue with the kit, if it comes with all three models, or if I'd need to buy two sets to field (or magnetize)?

It's three unique sculpts so it's quite hard for it to come in a either/or configuration like the coryphee.

Seems that way, but also seems worthy of asking, as you mentioned, those coryphee are one example of wyrd models that don't include enough models to field it. Not a complaint of wyrd, my rational for the question above.