September 14th - Night Terror

Lucidicide

I'm really enjoying the gradual introduction of scenic base elements to the Wyrd line. It got off to a good start with the new plastic Thunder pieces from 2012 (I'm actually a fan of the Mei Feng base insert!), and I know that some have been a bit of a hit and miss (I wasn't a fan of the Chiaki flames), but I really like the fallen pillar here and hope to see more stuff like this in the future.

• Like 1

I'm of a mixed opinion on this one.

The pillar is nice enough but I'm not a big fan of those sorts of elements as they might very well clash with the basing style one is going with (luckily personally my Ressers are based in ruins so the pillar won't look out of place).

I really like the pose and the general details.

I'm not fond of the clothes. I liked these better when they were sorta monstrous bat-things. Now it's a clothed monstrous bat-thing which looks somehow weird. Not a deal-breaker but a bit of a let-down.

Finally, that doesn't look Ht 1. I really, really hope that Wyrd will make it small but from the pic it looks like it would end up Ht2-sized.

The mug shot does look fun.

So yeah, not bad but not completely to my liking, either and I'm a bit surprised by the extremely over-whelmingly positive reactions.

• Like 1

I like the model.  I am not sure about the pillar though.  I have no issue with how the pillar looks, but I have a city-streets theme for most of my models and Ressers.  I do have some models on ruins though, so I could incorporate this into that theme without too many issues I think.

I hope that at least one of them is on the ground though.

Edited by CannibalBob