Hodgepodge Emissary - (When) will you bring it?

Erorior

Kofibrake - I don't think the shortage of activations would come into too much play.  Granted, I haven't actually played the Rider list yet, but just in looking at it you'll start the game with 8-9 activations.  Leveticus, Waif 1, Waif 2, Waif 3 (if summoned), Dead Rider, Pale Rider, Mechanical Rider, Hodgepodge Emissary, Hooded Rider.  On Turn 2 you have 7-8 activations to start, but can gain more from Desolate Soul or Mech Rider summoning.

• Like 2

Kofibrake - I don't think the shortage of activations would come into too much play.  Granted, I haven't actually played the Rider list yet, but just in looking at it you'll start the game with 8-9 activations.  Leveticus, Waif 1, Waif 2, Waif 3 (if summoned), Dead Rider, Pale Rider, Mechanical Rider, Hodgepodge Emissary, Hooded Rider.  On Turn 2 you have 7-8 activations to start, but can gain more from Desolate Soul or Mech Rider summoning.

Kirby is correct.  You generally don't get outactivated too badly with a rider list.  My rider list generally looks like this:

Leveticus (4 cache)

Desolate Soul

3 Riders

Hodgepodge Emissary with Aetheral Conflux

2x Hollow Waif

On the first turn you get 8-9 activations, which isn't bad at all for an elite type of list. Use Leveticus to focus on killing weak enemies and converting them into Abominations, and you'll quickly take an activation lead against most lists (maybe not themed Hamelin or Family Tree So'mer).

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I used Emissary with two masters, Jack Daw and Levi.

In Levvi crew he used general upgrade (but I only had 2 minions)
His main strength was in scheme manipulation. I saved a lot of AP from others model thanks to his 0 AP scheme marker drop. Regeneration upgrade was used on Sue, don't mind me on scheme runner. It was good, but one thing for sure, he is not killy. When I took Lazarus / Rusty they killed enemy models, emissary supports and may kill something.

In Jack Daw his additional curse was crazy good, another model in enemy crew to give push. Also he fit nicely with his discard card / slow mechanic in Jack theme. Although as said before he was not soo killy, so other models had to do dirty job. 

Overall if there is a scheme that requires dropping many scheme markers he is pure gold, in other cases I would take other models (more killy).
His trinket upgrades are not bad, but I am not familiar with them, so maybe I am missing something. Monkey Paw is great if you use it during last round for additional AP to finish schemes or use it on Big Jake, and he will reborn on turn 5.

Did anyone had additional experience with him?

• Like 1