Shadow on the Darkness Die

MrPapa13579

When rolling the darkness die and you get the shadow icon you place a corruption token on every space adjacent to a shadow and then on every corrupted challenge card.

I read that to mean that if a space has shadows on either side of it, it would get two corruption tokens, one for each shadow it is adjacent to. Is this the right way to play it?

That's how I've been playing it, yes. If the two outside spaces in a region are shadow, the middle one will fall soon without quick intervention.

My mistake slightly related to that was not realizing the obvious thing that the merchants are just as much a 'space' as any other, and if a shadow is in a space next to them, the merchant gets a corruption. Nothing escapes the corruption!

• 1 month later...

We played that way as well...really creates a pervading sense of Shadows overcoming the land and corruption spreading.  Love how the game creates a compelling narrative through such simple and intuitive mechanics.

• Like 1