DXXXVIII

Question

According to the shifting loyalties campaign rules, summoned units disappear after the end of the encounter.

This does make sense to restrict growing resser armies but does also cripple units that are supposed to resummon themself through their playstyle.

Like Ashes and Dust.

Scenario:

I kill my Ashes&Dust round-1 to summon a Storm and a Core and then resummon Ashes&Dust at round-2.

The problem: my round-2 Ashes&Dust counts now as "Summoned" and is going to disappear after the end of the game?

This feels kinda strange.

The same fits for the desolation engine.

How do you handle it? DId I forget some rules that prevent my Ashes&Dust to disappear after just one encounter?

4 answers to this question

If you hire Ashes and Dust and then it dies (whether you kill it or your opponent), when it dies you would flip to see if it was finished off. The two models summoned by it count as summoned models, and would not be added to your Arsenal even if they were to survive. If they summon an Ashes and Dust (and hence sacrifice themselves), they do not flip to be finished off. If this new Ashes and Dust is killed again, it does not flip to be finished off either (it's an entirely new, summoned model).