Nix & Jack Daw?

Couchmonster

The ability to make minions fast, at the cost of them being sacrificed at the end of the turn? For more SS he can make friends within an aura immune to pulses and blasts. He is actually quite helpful, but he is in the points range of heavy hitters and he's not that killy looking at him.

I dont think I'll ever hire Nix with Daw. I use the big dog mainly as a Blighted dealer, not only on the enemy, but also on my own models with its (0), for extra Rats when they die, and for longer Pipes pulls on them on the first turns.

for its cost, Nix is somewhat decent for the Piper, not even close to be an auto hire even for him, so it is even less stellar for other Masters.

against Melee crews, he can turn to be a pretty tanky model, able to tarpit 2-3 engaged models with just a few Soulstones on preventions. But Fear any Ca based attacks, as it will meet down fast. That said, if you're expecting any Conditions-based crew (McMourning, Kaeris, Brewmaster...), then Nix can be golden with its Ability to not get Conditions.

Of course it could, but with only 6 Wds and its own auto-heal, it's not that it would be crucial for its survival. Still, a full heal is always great, and Nurses are fabulous with Daw, so it is something to have in mind... But again, for its cost, I feel there are better models for Jack