What could be printed to improve Resser Tara?

MEGAHORSE

What do you do when you don't have models out yet?

Do you print the cards? Do people mind you playing with a proxy model AND card? How do you do it? I don't really like to play with models that are not out yet, I guess mainly because of the card... Because I always feel opponents think I'm kinda "cheating", playing with something I don't have.

Or is it Wyrd approved to start using "models" with no existing release and no card?

It's usually up to your local group and the TO of any organized play.  Anna was my MVP in a three round tournament last month.  The TO allowed wave three models with proxies for models not yet available in plastic.  For models without cards out yet, I print out the last beta card and double check the book to make sure everything is the same before play.  I've known people who scan the cards from the books and print and play.

Similiar to DoctorWhat, I probably have around 30 (+?) games in with Anna and my local group is all familiar with what she does.  At the tournament however, no one outside of my local group knew anything about her.  Was she so effective because of the surprise factor?  Possibly, but when going over crew selection at the beginning of the games nobody ever asked to see her card.  I don't think she's OP, just a very solid model that can be used like a Swiss Army knife.

This thread has wondered from Resser Tara.  Should Anna get her own going?

What do you do when you don't have models out yet?

Do you print the cards? Do people mind you playing with a proxy model AND card? How do you do it? I don't really like to play with models that are not out yet, I guess mainly because of the card... Because I always feel opponents think I'm kinda "cheating", playing with something I don't have.

Or is it Wyrd approved to start using "models" with no existing release and no card?

A proxy/conversion. I just use Karina on a 40 or Sidir and make it clear to my opponent. Talk it over with your group.

As for the card, photocopy the book. You own it and you can legally make a photocopy of text you own. Just don't sell/distribute the photocopies/violate copyright law.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, nunorod said:

Sorry for ...ressurecting (wink) this post. But I'm looking again at Tara and was wondering if I used Hannah in Ressers, can i buy the Void Record upgrade?

Is Hannah fine for Tara Ressers?

Void record is an outcast upgrade, so you can't get it as ressers.
You can only buy upgrades from the faction you declare. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...