Who to use and when

Dumb Luck

I have a little trouble, but I think my question will fit here and I don't have to start another topic. My friend is good competetive player and he's often playing agressive Von Schill list with one or two Trappers, Hans, Ama No Zako, Strongarm etc. I'm beating him with Wong list including Bugs, magical Gracie, Burt Jebbsen +/- Merris, one Slop - so things that can ignore armour. I can also win with Ulix list spamming with Piglets and Warpigs - he has just too much pork to handle with ;) But when I try take Somer or Ophelia I'm loosing poorly. How should I build my Somer or Ophelia list against Outcasts, especially Von Schill? Thx for advice.

12 hours ago, MikiPL said:

I have a little trouble, but I think my question will fit here and I don't have to start another topic. My friend is good competetive player and he's often playing agressive Von Schill list with one or two Trappers, Hans, Ama No Zako, Strongarm etc. I'm beating him with Wong list including Bugs, magical Gracie, Burt Jebbsen +/- Merris, one Slop - so things that can ignore armour. I can also win with Ulix list spamming with Piglets and Warpigs - he has just too much pork to handle with ;) But when I try take Somer or Ophelia I'm loosing poorly. How should I build my Somer or Ophelia list against Outcasts, especially Von Schill? Thx for advice.

All of this depends alot on scenario but: 
Ophelia against outcasts is something I would only do if I knew for certain my opponent was fielding jackdaw as she can plink away upgrades and negate his -flip when attacking him making him one dead jackdaw. 
Otherwise Somer is usually a stronger pick than  ophelia. 

Two trappers and hans? Quite the sniper squad, sounds like you could make use of the terrain and just stay out of line of sight. Another option would be something like the iron skeeter rush having 2 skeeters who drop off a fast ophelia and burt(or a lightning bug) in the face of those snipers late in a turn(have 6 stuffed piglets for activation control etc...) and then just using plink + soulstones to keep ophelia alive when he retaliates. 

Something that counters snipers well might be worth considering like the pigapult if the board is full of line of sight blockers(beware hans though) or rami if there is alot of lanes of line of sight as he can usually outrange other snipers. 
The pigapult is quite  a solid choice vs outcasts in general, it will decimate viktorias, threaten Leveticus waifs, Give jackdaw a hardtime if you can either give it + flips(earl burns) fast(Sparks) or no -flips (big brain brin...upcoming model) . just don't take it when playing collect the bounty... 

When it comes to somer teeth though I must admit I fail when playing him in his summon version... I've had quite some luck when playing him in an elite crew. 
His skeeters should be excellent at shutting hans down, but trappers will be harder(they have some sort of 0 action push right?)... I'll just let some one who plays somer better talk about him^^

On 6/2/2017 at 8:13 PM, Eorek said:

Two trappers and hans? Quite the sniper squad, sounds like you could make use of the terrain and just stay out of line of sight. Another option would be something like the iron skeeter rush having 2 skeeters who drop off a fast ophelia and burt(or a lightning bug) in the face of those snipers late in a turn(have 6 stuffed piglets for activation control etc...) and then just using plink + soulstones to keep ophelia alive when he retaliates. 

Ophelia can't get anything from the Skeeters, they specifically cannot target leader models :(  If you're dead set on getting her up the table, you're down to chucking her with the pigapult or Lenny, or else some kind of wacky saddle shenanigan.  The upshot to the saddle trick is that the pig is a big enough to hide behind if you're working your way up a flank.